- Hideo Itami officially out of the 2016 Dusty Classic
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe set for NXT TakeOver: Toronto
- Michael Elgin out of NJPW Power Struggle main event due to injury
- WWE SmackDown live results: Orton & Kane vs. Wyatt & Harper
- WWE NXT results: Shinsuke Nakamura returns; SAnitY debuts
- Lucha Underground results: Pentagon vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chavo Guerrero
- Cody Rhodes & Kota Ibushi: The independence of wrestling
- What to watch for in the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
- WOR: Smackdown, Del Rio and Paige, TNA update, tons of UFC notes, more! 10/13
- F4D: Lance Storm talks Podcast One show, Raw, No Mercy, tons more! 10/12
- WOL: Ronda Rousey returns, Del Rio and Paige, Shawn Daivari interview! 10/12
Figure Four Weekly 10/4/2016: New details emerge in WWE concussion lawsuit filing - On Friday (October 7th), WWE filed a reply in support of their motion to dismiss Vito LoGrasso and Evan Singleton's concussion-focused lawsuit. In terms of new information, the most newsworthy passages concern the deposition of Vince McMahon, which has otherwise been sealed from public view... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
F4W YouTube Page: Tons of clips and full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Oct 10, 2016: The saga of TNA continues, Goldberg rumors, more - Exactly who funded the Bound for Glory PPV and tapings this week? TNA President Billy Corgan did media interviews during the week and couldn’t give a direct answer as to whether the tapings would take place... Bill Goldberg will be appearing on 10/5 on ESPN SportsCenter and clips were shown during Raw of Goldberg battling Brock Lesnar in ads for the WWE 2K 17 game. This is not coincidental because as things stand right now, Goldberg will face Brock Lesnar in a singles match as the big match at the 2016 Survivor Series on 11/20 in Toronto... Sasha Banks’ WWE Raw women’s title win over Charlotte, positioned as the main event and focal point of the 10/3 Raw in Los Angeles, was done to set the two up in the WWE’s first-ever women’s Hell in a Cell match. The show will take place on 10/30 at the TD Garden in Boston, on a show that will have two Cell matches... Subscribers click hereto continue reading.
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON BACK ISSUE:,WON September 20, 1999: Eric Bischoff fired from WCW, Beyond the Mat review, more - Although wrestlers were singing "Ding, Dong, the Witch is dead," Friday night in Baltimore, when the word of Eric Bischoff's re-assignment within Turner (read that as a nice way of saying firing) reached the wrestlers, once the initial happiness wore off and reality set in, the reality is little has changed... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
Thursday News Update
Billy Corgan has filed suit against Impact Ventures (TNA), Dixie Carter, Serg Salinas (Carter's husband) and COO Dean Broadhead in court today. The documents are sealed but the gist is that things between Corgan and Carter fell apart over the past week or so, where Corgan was expecting to buy the company and for whatever reason, that was not going to happen. Corgan then wanted them to pay him back the money he had put into the company in funding the recent tapings and obviously they couldn't do it. Corgan was asking for an injunction and will have a hearing on it this coming Thursday at 11:30 a.m. Corgan is requesting a jury trial. There are also issues with music rights for the show that airs tonight to the point at one point there was a question if Pop would air the show but the show is airing. The lawsuit being filed was not a surprise but everyone involved has gone silent since the suit was filed. There are also claims that in negotiations that key financial information was withheld.
There is a second lawsuit that was filed two weeks ago by Audience of One Productions, LLC against Impact Ventures (TNA), Aroluxe LLC, Ron Harris of Aroluxe and Dean Broadhead as well. This suit, filed in Richmond, VA, was for Audience of One doing production for TNA TV tapings in June and July 2015, as well as for last year's Bound for Glory show. On October 23, 2015, Audience of One sent an invoice for $288,039.04 for the production of those events. On November 9, Broadhead of TNA sent them a letter saying TNA was working hard at closing a new television deal and to please hung in there with us. They sent another invoice of November 17, 2015. Broadhead continued to stall them from collecting. Broadhead on January 29, 2016, paid some of the workers a total of $29,001.57. Broadhead then proposed a payment plan for six payments from March through August. TNA made the first payment but haven't paid anything since, according to the complaint. They are asking for the remaining owed $222,123.43 plus interest.
One of the most expensive pro wrestling shows of 2017 will be an April show in Qatar for Qatar Pro Wrestling. Among the names listed as coming are Booker T, Eddie Edwards Kurt Angle, Road Warrior Animal, Johnny Mundo, Rey Mysterio, Sting, Bob Holly, Bobby Lashley, Alberto El Patron, Ryback, Great Khali, Sonjay Dutt, Chris Masters, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Carlito.
- Roderick Strong debuts at tonight's NXT tapings as the tag team partner of Austin Aries in the Dusty Rhodes tournament.
- Paige has said that she will be undergoing surgery this coming Wednesday. As reported in the new Observer, that has been a contentious situation.
- While everyone already knew this, WWE did make it official that the main event of the next Takeover show on 11/19 in Toronto is Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT title. The angles building that up and the rest of the card should be promoted at tonight's tapings.
- Bret Hart on Facebook wrote an apology to Michael Hayes, HHH and Seth Rollins regarding things he's said about all three in the past. He said it was unfair what he wrote about The Freebirds because they did great business in Texas with the Von Erichs and that Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts and Ronnie (he meant Jimmy) Garvin always treated him with respect. But he did say that he believes Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Jimmy Hart, The Rougeau Brothers,The Killer Bees, Demolition, Rick Rude, King Kong Bundy and One Man Gang should all be in the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Not sure if Hayes cut a promo on Hart on Ric Flair's podcast because I don't know if it has been taped yet. But Hayes was planning to do so as he wasn't happy with what Hart said about The Freebirds not belonging in the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Bret Hart appeared at a Jim Ross and Jim Cornette talk show event
- WWE did a Happy birthday to Bruno Sammartino video
- Kevin Eck talks removing Donald Trump from the WWE Hall of Fame
- A story on Erick Rowan's training program
- Paige VanZant vs. Michelle Waterson will headline the 12/17 FOX show from the new Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, the site WWE ran No Mercy in this past week. We talked heavily last night on why this is a very interesting experiment.
- Want to make a note regarding the departure of Dave Sholler, the longtime VP of Communications of UFC, who is leaving for an executive role with the Philadelphia 76ers. I had worked with Sholler dating back to the WEC days where he was the head, and he was a great guy to work with in what wasn't always the easiest of jobs and with him the best in his new role. Sholler will be leaving the company after the Madison Square Garden show.
- Bovada has opened odds for the Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes fight with Rousey as a -200 favorite.
- Doo Ho Choi vs. Cub Swanson was announced today for the 12/30 UFC 206 show in Las Vegas. That is a very interesting fight as both guys have real firepower. This is the biggest test of Choi's career.
- Frank Mir, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture and Paige VanZant were on a segment of the new Chris Angel show "Trick'd Up" last night. It was a tribute to Harry Houdini, with all of them punching Liddell in the stomach as hard as they could and for him to absorb the blow
- NWA Mid South from Saturday night in Dyresburg, TN: Johnny Morton b EMT #1, Jakob Edwinn b Garrett Shanks, Matt Taylor b Brandon Aarons, Greg Anthony b Josh Lewis, Matt Riviera & Rob Conway b Love Connection
- Primal Conflict Wrestling on 11/19 in Harpers Ferry, WV at the Harpers Ferry KOA featuring Tommy Dreamer & Doug Delicious vs. Logan Laroux & The Bruiser.
- Zombie Wrestling on 10/21 in Toronto at the Great Hall with Zombies vs. Human vs. Luchadoers
- CMLL from Monday night in Puebla: Fuerza Chicana & Malayo b Arkalis & Paris, King Jaguar & Policeman b Millennium & Tigre Rojo Jr., Estrellita & Princesa Sugei b Amapola & Tiffany, Stigma & Stuka Jr. & Titan b Escandalo & Misterioso Jr. & Sagrado, Sam Adonis & Kraneo & Ripper b Johnny Idol & Maximo Sexy & Valiente, Mascara Dorada & Mistico & Volador Jr. b Ephesto & Felino & Mephisto (thanks to Kris Zellner)
- NWA Smoky Mountain Wrestling on 10/22 in Rogersville, TN at the National Guard Armory.
- NWL KC signed former NXT wrestler Sammy Six Guns Jr. from NXT, who will use the name Dak Draper. A former college wreslre, he's a student of watching heels like Gino Hernandez, Rick Rude and Austin Idol.
- CWE is bringing in Demolition, Bill Eadie & Barry Darsow, for Demolition Day on 10/28 at Rookie's Sports Bar in Winnipeg.
- Texas All-Star Wrestling on Saturday night in Humble, TX for Rage in a Cage.
- AIW on 10/15 at Tequila Jaxx in Mentor-on-the-Lake, OH features Jeff Cobb vs. Ray Rowe in the main event plus Gringo Loko vs. Triton (CMLL) vs. Laredo Kid.
- New England Championship Wrestling on Saturday night in Wakefield, MA at the Americal Civic Center.
- MCW tomorrow night in Boonsboro, MD at the Boonsboro Event Center is headlined by Billy Gunn vs. Dante Cabaellero. They also run 10/15 in Galena, MD at the Volunteer Fire Department headlined by Billy Gunn.
- Jeff Cobb will be starting soon with Evolve.
- Dan Severn talks his book and career
- A look at the career of Villano III
- Darby Allin made a video of him moving from Seattle to Florida
Today in Wrestling History (10/13): ROH Glory By Honor 2012
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org