The Latest News
- Hulk Hogan set to host WWE Crown Jewel
- WWE SmackDown ratings up slightly for Crown Jewel go-home show
- WWE Mixed Match Challenge: Standings, matches for next week
- Hulk Hogan added, removed from WWE Crown Jewel event page
- ROH TV results: Lethal & Gresham vs. KUSHIDA & Liger
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: AJ Styles vs. Daniel Bryan
The Latest Audio
- F4D: Halloween special, songs, contests, candy review, plus Smackdown! 10/31
- WOL: Crown Jewel, Daniel Bryan, Hulk Hogan, Renee Young, more! 10/31
- B&V&C: Retro Raw and Nitro from 19 years ago this week! 10/30
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Recapping WWE Evolution
An incredible amount of devotion from all involved resulted in WWE's first all-women's pay-per-view being a special night and a strong contender for the company's best show of the year. Evolution wasn't just an event that was worthy of its place in history -- it elevated it. The wrestlers who competed in the ring, everyone involved with putting the PPV together, and the fans in attendance all worked in unison to make Evolution a show that exceeded all reasonable expectations.
The most in-depth look at the Roman Reigns battle with leukemia is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Look at what is known about his first bout with leukemia, walk through the weekend, the turns done this past week, what happened throughout the day on Monday, who knew what and what kind of word was going around, a look at his interview, and candidates for the company's top spot position.
Also look at Crown Jewel and Evolution, including business notes on the Evolution show, Hulk Hogan and Crown Jewel.
Find out what is being talked about for the future of the WWE Network, including ideas for new content, new promotions, and a second tier
Also look at Daniel Cormier and WWE and what it's all about, Cena book, more WWE injuries, next MSG show and why it's so important, shows this week, and the Tegan Knox injury.
Examine the next month of NXT television, as well as a look at every house show from WWE and NXT from the past week with results, highlights and business info.
Read about the proposed Ben Askren vs. Demetrious Johnson trade, the valuation of ONE, and why UFC would do this regarding an existing lawsuit.
Look at the state of the NWA with its 70th anniversary show, including the Nick Aldis vs. Cody match, the aftermath, the rest of the show, the business notes and the NWA going forward.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- While speaking with TMZ at the airport ahead of Crown Jewel, Randy Orton responded to a question about John Cena pulling out of the show: “Does he still wrestle? I didn't know he pulled out." Orton also explained why he’s wrestling in Saudi Arabia: “I've got five kids. I gotta go make that dollar. If they want me in Saudi, I'm going to Saudi." Sheamus and The Miz mentioned entertaining people around the world when questioned by TMZ about Crown Jewel.
- WWE uploaded the first part of a Crown Jewel video diary with Shawn Michaels.
- These matches are subject to change and could just be placeholders based on current feuds, but the SAP Center in San Jose, California is advertising Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins defending against Dean Ambrose, Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre, and Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Nia Jax for WWE’s December 16 TLC PPV. The finals of Mixed Match Challenge season two has also been scheduled for the event.
- WWE stock closed the day at $72.59 per share, which is up six percent on the day.
- Tye Dillinger tweeted about his hand injury, which WWE announced will require surgery: “I appreciate the kind words as well as the entertaining skeptics :) Accidents happen and I was hoping it wasn’t serious, but that was wishful thinking. I really wanted tonight’s opportunity for the #USTitle. I require surgery and the timetable is currently unknown. Thank you to the @wwe medical staff for taking quick action. Thank you for the support and I’ll be back soon. P.S. 1- Learning to be Right handed sucks. 2. You REALLY DO need your thumbs. And...3. It took 7 mins to tweet these messages.”
- WWE uploaded episode one of Talking Snack (with The Boogeyman joining Cathy Kelley) and Baron Corbin's Haunted World (with Corbin visiting the St. Augustine lighthouse).
- WWE released some brief footage of NXT’s Halloween Costume Rumble from this past weekend. Our JJ WIlliams has a report from the house show.
- Rhea Ripley dressed up as injured Tegan Nox for Halloween.
- The Bellas and Daniel Bryan’s appearance on Facebook Watch’s “You Kiddin’ Me?!” prank series will air this Saturday.
- Steve Austin recorded a voiceover for the opening video of a NASCAR event at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend.
- On World Psoriasis Day, Tenille Dashwood shared her story and posted photos of her battle with the skin disease.
- This week’s episode of Being the Elite is a Halloween special from the Jericho cruise.
- NXT’s Kassius Ohno has been added to EVOLVE 115 in Livonia, Michigan on November 9 and EVOLVE 116 in Oak Lawn, Illinois on November 10. Freelance Wrestling World Champion Isaias Velazquez defending against GPA has also been announced for EVOLVE 116.
- The following matches are set for ROH’s TV tapings in Pittsburgh this Saturday: Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle & Cody Rhodes vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia & TK O’Ryan) ROH Tag Team Champions Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky defending against Guerrero Maya Jr. & Stuka Jr. ROH TV Champion Jeff Cobb vs. Josh Woods in a non-title match Kenny King vs. Christopher Daniels Flip Gordon vs. Silas Young Kelly Klein vs. Jenny Rose
- WALTER defending his PROGRESS World Championship against Mark Haskins is official for PROGRESS’ show in Manchester on November 11.
- Brooke Adams (formerly Brooke Tessmacher in TNA) and her fiance welcomed the birth of their daughter Phoenix Presley-Lee Piper.
- Ace Austin will make his MLW debut against Myron Reed at the promotion’s TV tapings in Cicero, Illinois on November 8.
- UFC 233 will officially take place in Anaheim, California on January 26, which is the same night as Bellator is holding their Heavyweight Grand Prix finals (Fedor Emelianenko vs. Ryan Bader) in Inglewood, California. When asked about TJ Dillashaw vs. Henry Cejudo taking place at UFC 233, Dana White responded that the fight being a done deal is “not true.”
- Daniel Cormier will make another appearance on “Live with Kelly and Ryan” tomorrow.
- Ariel Helwani tweeted that Derrick Lewis and Popeyes have agreed to a deal ahead of UFC 230: “Adding another layer to the fast-food war brewing heading into UFC 230, Derrick Lewis’ manager @malkikawa tells me @PopeyesChicken took notice of @Thebeast_ufc defending its honor and have struck a deal with him heading into this weekend’s fight. Details to come.” Lewis then posted a picture with Popeyes chicken on his Instagram.
- Lewis said he thinks Cormier is “scared” to fight Jon Jones right now.
- Episode three of embedded for UFC 230 has been uploaded.
- The UFC released the poster for December’s UFC 232, which features Jones, Alexander Gustafsson, Cris Cyborg, and Amanda Nunes.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov’s manager said they want $50 million for Nurmagomedov’s next fight.
- As part of a Halloween sale, Golden Boy Promotions offered a 25 percent off discount for Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz tickets today with the promo code “TREAT”.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Misawa defeats Kobashi to win AJPW Triple Crown
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!