The Latest News
- NJPW World Tag League: Updated standings and results
- WWE Raw posts fourth-lowest ratings of modern era
- Braun Strowman undergoes successful elbow surgery
- Excalibur to join NJPW broadcast team for final days of Tag League
- WWE Mixed Match Challenge: Updated playoff bracket
- ROH TV results: The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Asuka wins battle royal
- WWE Mixed Match Challenge results: The quarterfinals begin
- St. Louis reportedly getting XFL team
The Latest Audio
- F4D: Tom's fight, Smackdown, food review, holiday song contest, more! 11/28
- WOL: Smackdown, Asuka, Strowman, Corbin, tons more! 11/28
- JNPO: Inside the life of an MMA manager and trainer 11/28
- B&V&C: Retro Raw and Nitro from 19 years ago this week! 11/27
After WWE revived the Starrcade brand for an untelevised house show in Greensboro, North Carolina in 2017, this year's Thanksgiving weekend event was part house show/part WWE Network special. The show took place in Cincinnati, Ohio on Saturday before a one-hour version of Starrcade 2018 aired on Sunday. The Network special featured a mix of matches and segments.
Look at what came out of Survivor Series as the lead story in the new issue of the Observer. The issue runs down more plans for the Royal Rumble and another planned main event and angle for WrestleMania, and look at the strange booking and what makes sense and doesn't.
Also look at the trademarks of All Elite Wrestling, who is behind the promotion, what they need, and the important questions on how this relates to pro wrestling in 2019.
Read an update on New Japan on AXS TV, with the announcing change and early year schedule including Tokyo Dome coverage.
Examine the plans by WWE to open up territories around the world, including places earmarked first, the announcement expected to be made imminently and the philosophy behind these expansions.
Read why the XFL in 2020 is different from 2001 and how the media differences make this a new ball game, plus one of the leading television executives in the country talks about being willing to get into bed with the XFL
In addition, there are rundowns from all the WWE arena events from the past week with results, highlights and business.
There is a rundown of NXT Takeover War Games, with notes on the show, story behind the lineup, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
Also look at the domestic violence case involving UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich and her husband, what each side is claiming and more.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Adam “Edge” Copeland paid tribute to his mother Judy, who passed away yesterday: "Today I lost my mom. Judy Copeland aka The Judemeister. The only parent I’ve ever had. She was my rock. The backbone and bedrock that kept my balance through some very tumultuous years. She never doubted me. Ever. I wanna be a wrestler Ma. 'Do it.' She scraped together our pennies and kept me fed and clothed and even managed to get me those Kiss action figures and Wrestlemania tickets. Somehow. Because that’s what she did. She supported me and bred me to be the man I eventually became. Took some elbow grease, but I got there. A point where she knew I was going to be fine. I found an amazing partner and I’m the father to two beautiful little girls. I lived my dream and continue to do so because she watered me and let me blossom. She did her job. But I wish she could have stuck around to see the fruits of her labor longer. To the very end she showed me where grit comes from. From your heart. Your spirit. Your mana. Your flame. Your spark. Your soul. I can honestly say I don’t know anyone who had more. She’s free now, and even now thoughts of her make me smile. That’s a life well lived. ‘Hey Jude, take a sad song and make it better…’ You always did.”
- WWE stock was back above $70 per share today, closing at $71.01. It was a big day for the market overall, with WWE stock up nearly nine percent on the day.
- Alexa Bliss posted a picture of herself working out in the ring at the WWE Performance Center today and wrote “Day 1.”
- After tweeting about having hand, foot, and mouth disease, Kairi Sane wrote today: “I feel much better now. Thanks for your concern!”
- Cedric Alexander and Lince Dorado’s rental car was broken into and one of its windows was broken at last night’s SmackDown/205 Live tapings in Minnesota. Dorado wrote: “Thank you #Minneapolis ... for getting robbed! #extreme ps still love you."
- Kevin Owens challenged Elton John to a match at WrestleMania after his concert in Orlando was canceled while Owens and his wife were in the arena waiting for it to start: “Hey, @eltonofficial, nobody ruins my wife and I’s date night except me! You, me...WresteMania. I’ve fought men in their 70’s before, I can do it again! #KOvsElton #KOMania4”
- Total Bellas season four will premiere on E! at 9 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday, January 13.
- Natalya did an interview with Maria Shriver for the Women’s Alzheimer's Movement.
- Ric Flair is the guest on the latest episode of the Steve Austin Show.
- LAX (Santana & Ortiz) will face CCK (Chris Brookes & Jonathan Gresham) in a tag team number one contender’s match at PROGRESS Wrestling’s event in Manchester on December 8.. The winners will get a Tag Team title shot in Sheffield the next day. Ilja Dragunov vs. Travis Banks has been announced for the Sheffield show.
- The NWA uploaded video of Willie Mack’s first National title defense, which was against Andy Brown for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood.
- Jesse Ventura told TMZ that the Green Party has shown interest in him running for President. Ventura said that if he runs, Donald Trump wouldn’t stand a chance and Trump knows that he can’t out-talk a wrestler.
- Tommy Dreamer launched the House of Hardcore podcast.
- Colt Cabana was a guest on the Comedy Suplex Podcart episode 71 yesterday discussing comedy in wrestling, his time in WWE, and his current role as ROH color commentator.
- The California State Athletic Commission has given Chuck Liddell an indefinite medical suspension after his fight against Tito Ortiz. MMA Fighting noted that Liddell will have to apply for the suspension to be lifted.
- Conor McGregor has been banned from driving for six months and has to pay a fine for speeding.
- Oscar De La Hoya responded to Dana White calling him a “cokehead junkie” and criticizing Golden Boy Promotions: “Dana is so small and threatened by our success with DAZN and now in MMA that he is bringing up news from a decade ago to try to stay relevant. Boxing has entirely rejected him. And, MMA fighters are now realizing they don’t have to risk their lives just so he can get rich. Golden Boy and I are moving forward and are bigger than ever. Dana should shut the f*ck up and try to figure out how to save his own company."
- Anderson Silva told ESPN that White said the winner of Silva vs. Israel Adesanya will be in line for the next middleweight title shot.
- Renato Moicano will be the backup for Max Holloway and Brian Ortega’s featherweight title fight at UFC 231 on December 8.
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler is official for UFC 233 on January 26.
- The UFC will hold its first show in the Czech Republic on February 23. It will be an ESPN+ event.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Starrcade 1985: The Gathering
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!