- Swerve City podcast coming to WWE Network
- WWE's Raw Underground considered done for now
- WWE Network announces '30 Days of The Deadman' lineup
- Steve Austin, two more special guests set for WWE SmackDown pre-show
- NJPW G1 Climax 30 A Block winner crowned
- Will Ospreay turns on Kazuchika Okada at NJPW G1 Climax 30
- NJPW G1 Climax 30 night 17 live results: A Block finals
- WOL: Devlin, RAW Underground, ratings, G-1, plus Gary Juster talks wrestling history! 10/16
- Wrestling Weekly: Remembering Len Rossi; WWE Draft thoughts 10/16
- B&V: Bryan and Vinny review AEW and NXT head-to-head, plus G-1! 10/15
- Big Audio Nightmare: G1 Climax, AJPW, NOAH, STARDOM shows 10/15
WON NEWSLETTER: October 19, 2020 Observer Newsletter: WWE Draft, G1 Climax 30
A look at the WWE draft is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer. We look at the different moves made, why they were made, look at the depth charts with both brands to see what is and isn't lacking, talk the return of talent, talent being kept apart, the whys behind some moves, and the rosters of both brands.
The new issue also covers:
The G1 Climax tournament, with match-by-match coverage of every show this past week, with star ratings and poll results. We look at the quality of shows, matches being built up, who have been the stars and best matches of the tournament.
The Cena wedding, how much Linda McMahon has donated to Trump's campaign, lots of WWE injury updates, Lawsuit updates, Total Bellas notes, U.K TV ratings, new WWE documentary, how wrestling stacks up to other sports on TV, WWE filming an indie star for documentary, upcoming TV bouts, WWE market value, a new WWE book, and the most-watched shows on the WWE Network this past week.
Saturday's UFC show from Abu Dhabi and the ramifications of the top matches.
A feature on Len Rossi, one of the biggest stars in Tennessee and Alabama from 1958 to 1972, his career in the ring, his life after wrestling, his tag team partners and most well-known angles. It's a look back at a unique era of pro wrestling and how Rossi was a key to change in a unique time.
The indictment of the former Alberto Del Rio on a sexual assault and kidnapping case.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
For the weekend, Garrett Gonzalez and I will do a show late tonight covering the latest news from the past week. On Saturday, Bryan and I will do a show covering the G-1 final three days.
Tracy Smothers has been hospitalized with non-Hodgkins lymphoma on the left side of his stomach and right side of his lung. Best wishes to him in battling the disease.
The G-1 B Block finals are tomorrow at 4 a.m. Eastern from Sumo Hall:
- Yuya Uemura vs. Gabriel Kidd
- Toru Yano (3-5) vs. Yoshi-Hashi (1-7)
- Hirooki Goto (4-4) vs. Juice Robinson (3-5)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (3-5) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (5-3)
- Tetsuya Naito (6-2) vs. KENTA (4-4)
- Sanada (5-3) vs. Evil (6-2)
If Evil wins, he wins the block. If Evil loses and Naito wins, Naito wins the block. If Sabre, Evil and Naito all lose, Sanada wins the block. If Sabre and Sanada win, and Naito loses, Sabre wins the block. Our G-1 weekend polls are for Wednesday's show, the three shows this weekend, as well as tournament MVP and best match in the tournament, with thumbs up, down or middle, best & worst match for each show to dave@#wrestlingobserver.com
Saturday's UFC show is an ESPN+ exclusive starting at 4 p.m. Eastern time
- Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Mark Striegl (136)
- Gadzhimurad Anitgulov (206) vs. Maxim Grishin (205.5)
- Jamie Mullarkey (156) vs. Firas Ziam (156)
- Jun Yong Park (185) vs. John Phillips (186)
- Gillian Robertson (125.5) vs. Poliana Botelho (125)
- Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs. Guram Kutateladze (156)
- Thomas Almeida (146) vs. Jonathan Martinez (146)
- Claudio Silva (171) vs. James Krause (171)
- Jimmy Crute (206) vs.; Modestaa Bukauska (206)
- Katlyn Chookiagian (126) vs. Jessica Andrade (126)
- Brian Ortega (146) vs. Chan Sung Jung (146)
The promoters of last weekend's Collective shows in Indianapolis are urging all fans and wrestlers who were at the shows to test for COVID-19 due to several wrestlers already testing positive.
205 Live tonight has Isaiah Scott vs. Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari in matches with Anthony Greene and Curt Stallion.
- Paul Heyman talks Roman Reigns (thanks to Barry Werner)
- Bill Goldberg on Instagram teased the idea of a match with Roman Reigns. The two were to wrestle at WrestleMania.
- Bret Hart, Lance Storm and Trish Status have cameos on Corner Gas Animated that airs on 10/26 on CTV Comedy Channel in Canada. The episode will air at some point in the U.S. but the date isn't finalized. Storm plays a former pro wrestler turned celebrity gardening podcaster while Bret Hart is his rival. Stratus voices the role of Shauna, a virtual home assistant.
- Kevin Eck's weekly ROH news.
- Highlights from last night's Bellator show with Cris Cyborg vs. Arlene Blencowe.
- Bu Ku Dao has signed with MLW. Bu Ku Dao wrestles in the Gulf Coast area.
- Impact announced Heath, Rhino, Hernandez, Acey Romero, Larry D, Tenille Dashwood, Taya Valkyrie, Brian Myers, Tommy Dreamer and Havok as the first ten entrants in their Call Your Shot gauntlet, a royal rumble style match. The winner picks the title they want to challenge for.
- CWE announced with Vincent unable to enter Canada, a tournament will be held on 11/6 in Winnipeg at the Holy Eucharist Parish Hall with Danny Duggan, Mentallo, Adam Knight, EZ Ryder, Kevy Chevy, Tommy Lee Curtis, Bobby Schink and Dragneel for the vacant title. They also announced a 10/26 show in Grand Prairie, Alberta and the Jackpot Grill Events Centre with former UFC star Mitch Clarke vs. Rich King.
- Bare Knuckle boxing tonight on the BKTV app from Plant City, FL with former Strikeforce and UFC star Mike Kyle vs Bobo O'Bannon in the main event.
- LFA on 10/30 on UFC Fight Pass from Park City, KS is headlined by Vanessa Demopoulos (5-2) vs. Lupita Godinez (4-0) in a strawweight fight and Aaron McKenzie (82-2-1) vs. Joe Giannetti (9-3-1) in a lightweight fight.
- LFA runs tonight from Park City, KS on Fight Pass with Andre Petroski (185.8) vs. Aaron Jeffrey (18-2.) and Samantha Hughes (119.2) vs. Danielle Hindley (119.6) as the top bouts.
- AAW on 10/29 at 115 Bourbon Street in Merrionette, Park, IL has a few tickets left, 50 person capacity, masks and social distancing required, with Mance Warner & Jake Something vs. Hakim Zane &Karam, Ace Austin & Mad Man Fulton vs. Air Wolf & Angel Dorado, Matt Justice vs. Jake Crist as well as ACH, Fred Yehi, Manders and Trey Miguel.
- The Expo Lucha panel events are now available on the Lucha Central YouTube page. This includes matches with stars like Juventud Guerrera, Rey Hours, Flamita, Black Taurus, Laredo Kid, Disco Inferno, Penta El Cero M, Rey Fenix, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Amy "Lita" Dumas, Brian Cage and others.
- The Washington Post did a story on hardcore death matches. (thanks to Bryan Dorfler)
- The first episode of The Masked Wrestler.
- Longtime WWE Magazine writer Keith Elliot Greenberg did an interview with The Wrestling Estate to promote his new book about the indie revolution, and also shared some fun stories about Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman, "Superstar" Billy Graham and Iron Sheik.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: TNA Bound for Glory 2011
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today