- WWE Hall of Famer Brie Bella announced for Fox's 'Real Dirty Dancing'
- WWE Raw demo rating up despite NFL playoff competition
- Becky Lynch to appear on WWE's Broken Skull Sessions
- Shane 'Swerve' Strickland announced for Terminus
- NJPW Young Lion Kosei Fujita out of action with shoulder injury
- Scotty 2 Hotty: Vince McMahon wanted WWE NXT coaches to 'look younger'
- WWE NXT video highlights: WALTER becomes Gunther
- Wrestling Observer Live: GUNTHER STARK, Adam Abdalla talks GCW PPV and more!
- Speak Now: WALTER name change, NXT 2.0 review
- Bryan & Vinny & Granny & Craig Show: RAW episode 9 plus Granny!
- We're Live, Pal: Brett Lauderdale talks The Wrld On GCW
Job Listing: Wikipedia guru
Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 17, 2022 Observer Newsletter: 2021 Observer Hall of Fame issue, MLW sues WWE
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WALTER is now officially listed as “Gunther” on his WWE.com profile page. WWE had filed a trademark for the name Gunther Stark earlier this month, but that last name isn’t listed by WWE. The fact that Gunther Stark was also the name of a Nazi U-boat commander has been covered by several news outlets, including Germany’s Bild newspaper.
- Grayson Waller posted an in-character tweet about WALTER’s name change: “Just so everyone knows, Walter was just too close to Waller, so I spoke to my lawyers, and they are GOOD at what they do. You’re welcome”
- On last night’s NXT, a video aired revealing an updated look for Sarray. Sarray said she returned to Japan to recover both physically and mentally after her first year in NXT didn’t go as planned. While there, she found the necklace that her grandmother gave her when she was a child. Sarray said her grandmother was strong and taught her to never give up under any circumstances. The video ended by noting that Sarray will make her return soon. Sarray said she’ll be back with a new passion and energy.
- Bron Breakker told Bleacher Report that his father Rick Steiner being ringside for his NXT title win at New Year’s Evil was a surprise to him: "I didn't really know he was coming. I invited him down and said, 'Hey, do you want to come to the show?' He drove down and surprised me. He showed up and it was cool. It was the first time he's ever seen me work and getting to be a part of it in person. I got to cherish that with my dad and my brother was there, too. It's one of those things you never forget."
- On Fox 2 in St. Louis, Randy Orton said he's starting to feel the effects of doing the RKO for so long: “I kind of wish I could go back in time and create a finishing move that didn't entail me jumping up as high as I can and landing on my back. After doing that a couple of thousand times over the last few decades, I'm starting to feel it.”
- Denise Salcedo has an interview with Aliyah.
- Sheamus and Shawn Michaels were guests on this morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- R-Truth turns 50 years old today.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. The New Day from the Royal Rumble 2015 pre-show, Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner vs. Test from the January 19, 2004 episode of Raw, and a 20-man battle royal from the October 4, 2010 episode of Raw.
- Lance Archer vs. Frankie Kazarian has been added to tonight’s Dynamite.
- Kyle O’Reilly announced that he became a father for the first time this Monday: “January 17, 2022 was the most important and amazing day of my life. Welcome to the world Janie Elizabeth Greenwood. Named after my late Mother who wanted to be a Granny more than anything, I am so proud to be your Dad. Life is so precious and beautiful! You share a birthday with some amazingly influential and positive people including Michelle Obama, Betty White, Muhammad Ali and Jim Carrey plus you were born on MLK day during a full moon. That is some wildly positive energy right there! Can’t wait to watch you grow up. ‘I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.’ -Robert Munsch”
- Lucha Libre AAA’s tapings that were scheduled to take place in Merida on Sunday, January 30 have been postponed due to COVID-19.
- A Pabst Blue Ribbon Kickoff Battle Royal is set for this Sunday’s The Wrld on GCW pre-show.
- AEW announced its updated roster rankings.
- Britt Baker was a guest on Barstool Sports' My Mom’s Basement with Robbie Fox.
- Effy was interviewed on Barstool Sports’ Rasslin with Brandon F. Walker.
- The Mat Men Podcast interviewed Charlie Haas.
- Today is Wardlow’s 34th birthday.