- O'Reilly vs. Lorcan added to WWE NXT, Dain vs. Wolfe pulled
- WWE Raw viewership down slightly, 18-49 demo rating steady
- MSK vs. Breezango non-title match set for WWE NXT
- NXT TakeOver: In Your House 2021 announced for June
- AEW's Ricky Starks out of action with fractured neck
- Ratings for WWE-A&E Booker T Biography, Most Wanted Treasures
- John Cena-created 'WWE Evil' series coming to Peacock
- WWE considering Madison Square Garden for SummerSlam
- Humberto Carrillo okay after WWE Raw match stopped early
- WWE Raw video highlights: Raw's final build to WrestleMania Backlash
- WOL: Humberto and Ricky Starks injury updates, RAW, ratings, more!
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: WCW WorldWide retro review
- WOR: AEW returning to live events, RAW, UFC business, ratings, more!
- F4D: Another good Smackdown, New Japan Strong, more!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Dave Meltzer recaps the AEW Blood and Guts special, both nights of NJPW's Wrestling Dontaku.
Also in this issue:
Idea of War Games, Blood & Guts coverage, understanding the ratings and business notes.
Ospreay vs. Takagi, Dontaku coverage and New Japan COVID issues explained.
Notes on the upcoming AEW & WWE PPV shows.
Saturday's UFC coverage.
The life of Randy Savage, what was and wasn't covered by A&E, aspects that were and weren't true.
AAA Rey de Reyes coverage and a major bout of international stars set up with Omega vs. Andrade.
Debut of a new promotion with lots of international stars coming to PPV.
Dragon Gate Dead or Alive coverage.
Lots of new info on exactly how people watch the major wrestling shows.
How many different people actually tuned in to see the different wrestling shows last week and why it's far more than people realize.
Champion Carnival finals notes.
Hall of Famer returns to start new major promotion.
Story behind the Reigns vs. Bryan match.
More into detail on the ratings than any other source, how every segment on NXT and AEW did as well as how it did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- After having his match stopped last night on Raw, Humberto Carrillo wrote the following on Twitter: “Last night was the first time I couldn’t finish a match in my whole wrestling career, but when you push the limits as I do anything can happen in a split of second. This is not over @WWESheamus …. untill next time! #WWERaw”
- WWE has applied to trademark the terms Nathan Fraizer, Bailey Matthews, Hit Row Records, Teoman, Meiko Satomura, Emilia McKenzie, and Stevie Turner.
- A Karrion Kross promo aired during Raw last night, calling out Johnny Gargano ahead of Kross’s match against Austin Theory tonight on NXT.
- Renee Paquette spoke to WrestlingInc on Adnan Virk receiving criticism of his commentary work on Raw. “Everyone’s putting in so much hard work,” she said. “So everyone just wants to do a good job, and everyone’s just really mean to everyone on commentary. Give the guy a break. He’s figuring it out. It just sucks. There’s no way around it."
- Sporting News spoke to Damian Priest on the current culture in the WWE locker room. "Everybody has been awesome to me – if I have a question or anything," he said. "I could go up to say one of the guys in The New Day – they’ll take the time to just sit with me and talk and explain stuff to me, and guide me the right way. I’ve gotten that from everyone, and everyone has treated me great. I think that’s the easiest and my favourite part, was just how I’ve been treated and the culture of the locker-room. In past years and the old times, you would hear these nightmare stories. It’s nice to know that it is nowhere near that situation now, everybody is great. I really have no complaints. They are pros”
- Helen Maroulis, who won a gold medal in women’s freestyle wrestling in the Olympics in 2016, spoke to WrestlingInc about being approached by WWE. “Yeah, I actually was approached in 2016. I had some really good conversations, and so they kind of explained to me what it was going to be like and talked about going out to the Performance Center. I know I have a couple teammates, quite a few teammates that have gone out there. It just didn’t feel like the right timing. I knew I wanted to come back and do another Olympic cycle, and I didn’t know if I would fit into that world to be quite honest. It’s a cool world. I have a lot of friends into it, but I was like, I don’t know if I can do this. I definitely don’t want to get hurt, that’s for sure. The acting, I mean, it’s one of those things, right? The same thing with MMA, just because you’re a good wrestler, doesn’t mean you’ll be good at these other things so until you go and see it for yourself, you just don’t know.”
- Mansoor spoke to Arab News about his Raw debut against Sheamus. “It feels amazing. I’ve been on Super ShowDown, I’ve been on Crown Jewel, and those were big shows. But what I wanted most was to be consistent, and to be on a weekly program where I could show the world that I can perform every single week, not just once every few months.”
- Santos Escobar talked to Sports Illustrated about his match against Kushida tonight.
- NXT UK star Rohan Raja talked to the Times of India about the COVID-19 situation in India.
- Stephanie Chase talked to MSK on leaving the Rascalz name behind and their current run in NXT.
- Miz and Mrs. will air its season finale next Monday following Raw.
- Free matches added to WWE’s YouTube page today include Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair from the December 11, 2018 edition of SmackDown, Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal for the WWE title from Backlash 2017, and Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn from WWE Backlash 2018.
- Robert Roode turns 45 today.
- Here is this week's Road to AEW Dynamite, focusing on the two title matches.
- Atsushi Onita on his upcoming FMW revival project: “I complied my idea of deathmatch into shape. I will announce tomorrow about the ultimate deathmatch on July 4th. What kind of evolution will it make? FMW and I are like zombies, no matter how many times we die, we will back to live.”
- AJPW’s Champions Night card, which is set to have a Triple Crown title defense between champion Suwama and challenger Jake Lee, has been postponed to June 26.
- Stardom has delayed their Tokyo Dream Cinderella 2021 event, which was scheduled for May 29, to a later date.
- Kenny Johnson has a documentary on GCW star Matt Tremont.
- A match between Matt Cardona and EC3 will be released on Memorial Day.
- Highspots recently held a virtual signing with Nick Gage.
- Danhausen did an out of character interview with Chris Van Vilet.
- Sammy Guevara’s latest vlog.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Kenta Kobashi's retirement match
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today