- Raw Reunion draws WWE's best ratings of 2019
- Viceland officially announces 'Dark Side of the Ring' season two
- Raul Mendoza set for tag match on WWE 205 Live
- Jushin Liger to wrestle at Super J-Cup shows, won't be in tournament
- WWE Raw Reunion video highlights: A toast to Monday Night Raw
- Nine 24/7 title changes at WWE Raw Reunion
- Jon Moxley facing Josh Barnett at GCW Bloodsport
- WWE Raw Reunion live results: Austin, Flair, HBK, Hogan, more
- WOL: Raw Reunion reaction, your calls, much more! 7/23
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: Wrestling in pop culture, how can WWE be hip again? 7/23
- WOR: RAW Reunion, Seth foot in mouth, AEW, Jon Jones, more! 7/23
F4W NEWSLETTER: Recapping WWE Extreme Rules
Joseph Currier recaps Extreme Rules, which saw Brock Lesnar cash in to again become Universal Champion.
Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view ended with Lesnar cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase on Seth Rollins to win the Universal title. After Rollins & Becky Lynch defeated Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in the main event, Lesnar and Paul Heyman came out with the briefcase. Rollins charged at Lesnar, but Lesnar gave him two German suplexes. The bell rang to start the match -- and Lesnar hit an F5 to again become Universal Champion.
Rollins will get his rematch for the Universal title at SummerSlam next month. He won a number one contender's battle royal on the post-Extreme Rules edition of Raw, defeating Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Corbin, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Big E, Bobby Lashley, and Cesaro.
Rollins' three-month reign as Universal Champion ended up being pretty lackluster. It started strong with a great defense against AJ Styles, but Rollins' matches were only as good as his opponents allowed them to be. It's difficult to succeed when the majority of your PPV title defenses are against Corbin.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
by Joseph Currier and Bryan Rose
- WWE.com’s preview for tonight’s SmackDown is teasing whether or not Daniel Bryan will make his “career-altering announcement” that was promised for last week. Ember Moon is also scheduled to face Charlotte Flair, while Shane McMahon will address Kevin Owens. Shawn Michaels will also be on the show as a guest commentator.
- WWE posted a video where Owens challenged challenged Shane to a match at SummerSlam and said he’ll quit if Shane beats him.
- Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak will face Isiah “Swerve” Scott (Shane Strickland) in a non-title match on 205 Live tonight. In what’s being billed as another 205 Live vs. NXT match, Kalisto & Gran Metalik will face Humberto Carrillo & Raul Mendoza. Drake Maverick and Mike Kanellis will also sign their match contract.
- WWE tweeted a picture of MMA fighter and Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison backstage with Kurt Angle at Raw Reunion.
- Sheamus teased a new look on Twitter.
- Impact announced that they have renewed their agreement with Twitch: “IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and one of the world’s largest professional wrestling organizations, announced today it has renewed and expanded the scope of its agreement with Twitch, one of the world’s largest live streaming video platforms, which includes the weekly premiere of the flagship two-hour show IMPACT!, streaming on Friday nights at 10:00 p.m. ET. The renewal will include the production of more exclusive content on the Twitch platform, including original weekly programming, pre and post-shows, live monthly specials, weekly airings of Xplosion which features never-before-seen matches, IRL (in real life) first-person streams, and much more. To support Twitch’s development of its co-streaming features, IMPACT Wrestling will facilitate co-streaming of the weekly flagship show and will be announcing details of a contest featuring co-streamers in the near future.”
- Impact tweeted after RVD’s appearance at Raw Reunion: “@TherealRVD makes his opponents feel the #IMPACT each and every Friday night!”
- AAA’s show at Madison Square Garden on September 15 and their event at The Forum in Inglewood, California on October 13 will be available to purchase as live iPPVs on Fite TV.
- Rush challenged Dalton Castle to face him in a no DQ match at Summer Supercard in Toronto on August 9.
- Mance Warner vs. Ricky Martinez has been added to MLW’s TV tapings in Queens, New York this Thursday.
- This week’s MLW Fusion episode is now available on YouTube. LA Park & El Hijo de LA Park faced Dr. Wagner Jr. & El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. in the main event.
- Jungle Boy paid tribute to his father Luke Perry on Instagram.
- UFC 243, which will be headlined by middleweight champion Robert Whittaker vs. interim champion Israel Adesanya, will take place at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia on October 5 (October 6 in Australia).
- ESPN reported that Chris Weidman vs. Dominick Reyes will headline the UFC’s ESPN+ show in Boston on October 18. Weidman will be making his light heavyweight debut.
- The UFC uploaded episodes one and two of Embedded for Saturday’s PPV. Max Holloway will defend the featherweight title against Frankie Edgar in the main event.
- Ariel Helwani is reporting that Corey Anderson is currently in the running for Jon Jones’ next title defense.
- Hannah Goldy has signed with the UFC and will face Miranda Granger at the UFC Fight Night event in Newark on August 3.
- Angela Hill vs. Istela Nunes has been set for UFN 159 in Mexico City on September 21.
- Movsar Evloev, meanwhile, is challenging Mike Grundy at UFN 157 in Shenzhen, China on August 31.
- UFC on Saturday averaged 957,000 viewers, with the prelims scoring 540,000.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Great American Bash 1989
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!