- Ken Shamrock vs. Eddie Edwards added to Impact Bound for Glory
- Two matches, Seth Rollins & Mustafa Ali segments set for WWE Raw
- WWE Main Event results: Royce vs. Kay, Andrade vs. Tozawa
- NJPW G1 Climax 30 night 14 results: Naito vs. EVIL
- UFC on ESPN+ 37 live results: Marlon Moraes vs. Cory Sandhagen
- DragonKing Dark: Classic TV shows Dark Shadows & Bewitched 10/11
- WOR: Amazing G-1, Smackdown DRAFT, Len Rossi, Riddle, tons more! 10/11
A look at how WWE & AEW are handling things like the reopening of Florida, and how Texas looks to be the place MMA companies will go to as far as putting fans in buildings is the lead story in the new issue of the Observer.
We look at the current planned date and place for WrestleMania, what sports are now allowed to do as far as live events in Florida, AEW's current plans going forward and the new regulations in Texas.
The new issue also covers:
The Samantha Tavel lawsuit against WWE, Matt Riddle, Evolve and Gabe Sapolsky. We look at the claims and look at both sides of the story and stories that have changed. We also look at the strategy of involving WWE i the case, WWE responds to the suit, and go through the time lines and how they differ and wording of the suit. We also go through the background of the case.
History of the non-relationship of NJPW and AEW. We look at how it started, why there was heat, how the ouster of Howard Meij could change things, as well as why there were so many mentions of NJPW on this past week's AEW show. We look at what happened in January 2019 that caused issues between the two sides, the issues with how talent was handled on the way out, and what would be the first sign if relations started opening up.
G-1 tournament. We go through what style of wrestlers have been helped and hurt by the current no-cheer, no-boo environment, who has been able to get a reaction, the standings, this week's matches, plans for the rest of the year in New Japan, plus coverage with star ratings and poll results from every show.
NXT Takeover, the show background, match-by-match coverage and poll results on the show.
Updates on the sports rights fees business and where wrestling fits in, Paige's tweet about unions, Stephanie McMahon gets major praise, new member of WWE Board of Directors, Drew McIntyre vs. Tyson Fury update, one year anniversary of Smackdown on FOX, more on John Cena's debut in Fast & Furious, new season of Miz & Mrs. and the time slot, Angel Garza injury update, new A&E specials on pro wrestlers coming next year, more WWE injuries, WWE UK direction, wrestling placings in sports ratings and UK rating s for WWE & AEW, Jack Gallagher talks his being released, college heavyweight wants to be managed by Pual Heyman, Miz working on a new television show, WWE new developmental signings, WWE injury updates, WWE market value and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
This past Saturday's UFC show.
Bushiroad's attempt at a major Stardom show this past week.
Rundown of charting the place-winners in the key Observer awards and how it relates to the Hall of Fame.
A feature on the team of Penny Banner & Lorraine Johnson, who were known for decades as being the greatest women's tag team in pro wrestling with the death this past week of Johnson.
What sports events did the best in viewers per home while talking about AEW setting its company record in that category this week.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Our weekend show covering the WWE draft and G-1 is up on the site right now. We've got a ton of inside stuff regarding the draft including some picks that were scheduled as of Friday and why.
Yesterday's G-1 show in Osaka may have been the best wrestling card of the year. For in-ring quality of matches it was.
The G-1 is back Tuesday in Shizuoka for its final week with an A card show with:
- Yuya Uemura vs. Gabriel Kidd
- Jeff Cobb vs. Will Ospreay
- Kota Ibushi vs. Yujiro Takahashi
- Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi
- Minoru Suzuki vs Jay White
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii
After today's show, Evil and Tetsuya Naito are tied for first in the B block at 5-2, with Hirooki Goto, Sanada and Zack Sabre Jr. at 4-3. We're taking polls on the Thursday, Saturday and today's G-1 shows, with thumbs up, down or middle, best & worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also yesterday the Joaquin Buckley knockout of Impa Kasanganay is being talked about as one of the greatest in UFC history. There was another incredible knockout yesterday where 40-year-old Mamed Khalidov won the KSW middleweight title over Scott Ashkam in :36 in a show from Lodz, Poland.
Nothing that happened in combat sports this week had any real mainstream attention. The only thing all week from the Google search list was Buckley at No. 12 this morning but that was 20,000 searches. Yesterday's UFC show didn't even make the top 20. Nothing from boxing or pro wrestling did all week.
Katsuhiko Nakajima beat Kaito Kiyomiya today to win the N-1 tournament. This leads to Nakajima getting a shot at GHC champion Go Shiozaki on 11/22 in Yokohama at the Budokan.
Josh Barnett's Bloodsport at 7 p.m. Eastern tonight on FITE TV:
- Jon Moxley vs. Chris Dickinson
- Homicide vs. Tom Lawlor
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Josh Alexander
- Simon Grimm vs. Matt Makowski
- Alexander James vs. Calvin Tankman
- Erk Hammer vs. Grizzly Kal Jak
- Allysin Kay vs. Killer Kelly
- Lindsay Snow vs. Leyla Hirsch
Chael Sonnen will manage Jak.
- The Fox WWE year-in-review special (yes, we're in October but they are doing a season-to-season thing where the year ends at the end of September) that aired today on FOX around NFL broadcasts, meaning it will get a giant rating, will be replayed Wednesday at 4 a.m. on FS1.
- All Japan announced these teams for the tag team tournament that starts 11/18 Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama Zeus & Shigehiro Irie Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto Shotaro Ashino& Kuma Arashi Ryoji Sai & Yoshitatsu Masato Tanaka & Tajiri Daisuke Sekimoto & Abdullah Kobayashi Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi
- Freelance Wrestling from yesterday in Indianapolis: Isaias Velasquez b Lee Moriarity, Danhausen & Warhorse b Ruffo & Yabbo-DQ, Robert Anthony b Effy to win the Legacy title, Blake Christian won over Storm Grayson, Elayna Black, Alex Zayne, August Matthews and Davey Bang, Laynie Luck b Faye Jackson, Shane Mercer won three-way over Ethan Page and Colby Corino, Kylie Rae b Josh Alexander to retain the Freelance title.
- Joey Janela's Spring Break from yesterday in Indianapolis: Rickey Shane Page b Marcus Mathers, Orange Cassidy b Rickey Shane Page, KTB & Shane Mercer b Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz, Jonathan Gresham b Lee Moriarty, Chris Dickinson & Ortiz & Santana b Jordan Oliver & Alex Zayne & Blake Christian, Tony Deppen b Alex Shelley, Lio Rush b ACH, Ricky Morton b Joey Janela, Nate Webb won the Cluster, Alex Colon b Matt Tremont in a death match
- Effy's Big Gay Brunch from yesterday: Ashley Vox & Delmi Exo b AC Mack & Ashton Starr, Still Life b Dark Starr, Manders & Levi Everett & Mance Warrner & Matthew Justice b Billy Dixon & MV Young & Josh Wavra & O'Shay Edwards, Jamie Senegal b Allie Kat, Devon Monroe won Twins gauntlet, Marko Stunt b Effy, Cassandro b Sonny Kiss
- Game Changer Wrestling from yesterday in Indianapolis: Mike Outlaw won four-way over Timmy Lou Retton, Hoodfood and Zay Washington, JTG b Trey Miguel, PB Smooth & Tre Lamar won over Christian Casanova & Tasha Steelz and Angel Dorado & Air Wolf, Trish Adora b Suge D, Calvin Tankman b O'Shay Edwards, Willow Nightingale won over Marti Belle, Devon Monroe and Faye Jackson, AJ Gray b Dezmond Xavier, Lee Moriarty b ACH, AR Fox b 2 Cold Scorpio
- AIW from yesterday in Indianapolis: Daniel Rockingham over Zack Thomas, Derek Dillinger and Pretty Boy Smooth, Danhausen b Mordecai, Erick Stevens b Dominic Garrini, Eric Taylor & Mikey Montgomery b Allie Kat & Levi Everett, Tre Lamar won over Lee Moriarty and Alex Shelley, Mance Warner b Mr. Brickster, Tom Lawlor b Ethan Page, Philly Collins & Marino Tenaglia b Colin Delaney & Cheech 2/3 falls to win tag titles, Joshua Bishop b Matthew Justice in a no rope barbed wire match for Absolute & Intense titles
- Jarochita & Lluvia won the B block in the Mexican national women's tag title tournament and will face Amapola & Metalica in the tournament finals on Friday night at Arena Mexico. The planned Volador Jr. vs. Bandido NWA welterweight title match from the anniversary show that was postponed when Bandido tested positive for COVID, takes place on Friday as well.
- CWE announced that its 11/4 event in Oak Lake,Manitoba has been canceled due to the local health inspector not allowing the show, saying that he didn't believe wrestling fans would follow the guidelines and ordered the promotion to hire government officials to make sure guidelines were kept that weren't within the budget. The next show is 10/17 in Gladstone, Manitoba and they have a 10/22 show in Calgary and 10/23 event in Red Deer, Alberta. The Calgary main event is Johnny Devine vs Cody Mac.
- A feature interview with Priscilla Kelly up at SlamWrestling.net.
- Great story on Len Rossi's death.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Ultimo Dragon wins J-Crown from Great Sasuke
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today