- AEW Rampage ratings up on Christmas night
- Former Impact announcer Don West battling cancer for second time
- WWE SmackDown under two million viewers for Christmas Eve show
- Goldberg confirms he has one match remaining on WWE contract
- Joey Janela vs. Sonny Kiss no rules match headlining AEW Dark
- NJPW reveals 50th Anniversary show, New Japan Cup dates
- WWE Raw video highlights: Edge gives Miz & Maryse a Brood bath
- WWE Orlando house show results: Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus
- NXT's Grayson Waller appears on WWE Raw
- Eric Bischoff officiates Miz/Maryse vow renewal on WWE Raw
- WOL: Sempervive & Filthy talk Raw, Stardom, Scarlett, more 12/28
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: The death of Giant Baba 12/28
- WOR: COVID-19, RAW, Wrestle Kingdom 12/28
JOB LISTING: Wikipedia guru
- Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at email@example.com for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- The first new wave COVID issues for pro wrestling
- The life and times of Corporal Mike Kirchner and Super Leather
- WWE's traditionally biggest house show run of the year and notes on how every show is doing
- Updates on WWE Day 1, new matches, matches originally set, interest level in the show
- WWE company value
- Lots of news regarding prospective WWE new signees
- Ticket sale updates for all major upcoming WWE & AEW events
- How the AEW audience grew for Page vs. Danielson
- Which pro wrestling show was the youngest skewing sports show of the past week
- TV ratings for the major shows and the why
- The ratings category WWE SmackDown led in that they almost never do
- International TV ratings
- Bret Hart honored in Canada
- Wrestling Hall of Famer named to state sport Hall of Fame
- A horrible in-ring incident and background
- Stardom PPV notes
- Full UFC coverage
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- CBS has a story of Liv Morgan finding the “Angry Liv Girl” seen after Morgan lost her Raw Women’s tit;e match earlier this month. "I have found Angry Liv Girl," Morgan said. "She's awesome and I've been waiting to reach out. I found her and I'm going to send her a little DM," Morgan said. "I would love for Angry Liv Girl and Angry Becky girl to both be there [at WWE Day 1]. They've both been stars during this feud. I would love for them to both be there."
- Toni Storm on the Out of Character podcast talked about not being used after initially being called up to the main roster. “When you’re sat in catering, it’s not a good feeling,” she said (h/t SEScoops). “Just sitting there waiting for your shot. Waiting for your big break. Waiting to show everyone what you’ve worked your life to be good at. I just sat there [asking] ‘When am I next? What’s happening?’ Now [when] stuff starts happening, I’m still like, ‘what’s going on?’ Oh, my God. What is my life?”
- Drew McIntyre praised Madcap Moss in an interview with Sportskeeda. “He’s somebody who does ask questions [behind the scenes], got a great attitude, a great work ethic, which does exist now but not as much as it used to, which is a bit disappointing," said McIntyre. "He does have that work ethic, which is amazing to see.”
- Adam Pearce on Twitter thanked WWE staff and crew following a difficult weekend due to COVID-19: Just a quick note of gratitude: As COVID continues to be a struggle, I want to publicly thank our staff, crew, and incredible Superstars who drop it all to do whatever it takes to make sure the show goes on. It’s an honor to work alongside you."
- The company has a list of their top 25 matches of the year.
- Bianca Belair has a feature on Us Weekly’s website about her night time routine.
- Full matches added to WWE’s YouTube today include Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair from Clash of Champions 2019, Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison match from WWE Battleground 2017, and Asuka vs. Emma from WWE TLC 2017.
- This week’s Road to video on New Year’s Smash, focusing on the debut of Kyle O’Reilly, Thunder Rosa vs. Jade Cargill, and more.
- In an interview with PWInsider, Tony Khan talked about Kyle O’Reilly’s debut on Wednesday. "I'm very excited about Kyle joining AEW. I'm excited that Kyle debuts this week on Dynamite. It's a huge match, Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly debuting as a trio in AEW against another one of the top trios in AEW, Orange Cassidy, Trent, and Chuck the best friends. It's a dream match for a lot of our fans. It's also something that I had no idea would be possible at the start of the year. It is absolutely a dream come true to reunite Cole, Fish and O'Reilly in AEW and I think it's very fitting that they debut as a trio, and that Kyle O'Reilly makes his AEW debut, period, in Daily's Place, this week on the last show of the year. I think this show is going to have a really surreal feel.”
- Khan also talked to Sports Illustrated about AEW going into 2022.
- Matt Hardy is set to launch a new podcast, “The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy”, starting on January 7.
- This week’s Sammy Guevara vlog.
- Jake Lee has forfeited AJPW’s Triple Crown Championship after suffering a nasal fracture and a fracture of the inner wall of the left orbital bone during a match on the 26th. The company hasn’t announced what its plans to do with the Triple Crown title.
- K-Ness of Dragon Gate announced his retirement from pro wrestling due to neck injuries.
- In a Metro interview a few weeks prior to his release, Jeff Hardy talked about a potential reunion with his brother. “I feel like there will be one more [run]. I don’t know that, but it’s like everything I’ve had visions of in wrestling, it’s always happened.”
- NJPW has a subtitled interview with Shingo Takagi ahead of his IWGP World Heavyweight title match against Kazuchika Okada on January 4.
- GCW announced that they will be making a major announcement later tonight convering the GCW World Championship, which Jon Moxley currently holds.
- Last Thurday’s Impact scored 79,000 viewers with a 0.02 in 18-49, up from last week’s 71,000.
- Tokyo Sports has an article on a new addition to the AJPW roster, Yuma Anzai, a member of the wrestling team at Chuo University. He was scouted by Suwama and will join the roster in the spring.
- Jordynne Grace will defend the Impact Digital Media Championship against Willow Nightingale at Beyond Wrestling’s Heavy Lies the Crown on December 31.
- Tickets are on sale now for MLW’s debut in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Sting wins WCW title at Starrcade 1997
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today