Lehigh County judge Kelly Banach earlier today issued a gag order in the murder case of Jimmy Snuka. The gag order was at the request of the prosecution. The hearings will remain open to the public but the prosecution, defense, Snuka, Snuka's family and the Argentino family are all barred from commenting on the proceedings to the press. Snuka was arraigned today and pleaded not guilty. He claimed he didn't know what day of the week it was, what city he was in, and said he couldn't read or write English.
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking Raw and the latest news, plus taking e-mail questions that can be sent to email@example.com
We're looking for reports on these weekend show at Dave Meltzer
*Raw tonight in Denver, with dark matches, Superstars matches and anything else not available on the live show
*GFW in King's Lynn, UK on Friday
*NXT on Friday in Gainesville, FL
*WWE on Saturday night in Billings, MT
Nothing special is being advertised for Raw tonight thus far. The show will be at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
Smackdown will be taped Tuesday in Colorado Springs.
One on One with Joanna Jedrzejczyk Monday night at 7:30 p.m. on FS 1. Fox sent out a screener of this yesterday and it’s very good. UFC is doing an excellent job trying to push her as a star.
A best of middleweights edition of UFC Unleashed featuring Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Yoel Romero and Jacare Souza airs 9 p.m. Monday night on FS 1
UFC 187, with the Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson and Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort fights, will air on Tuesday at 8 p.m. on FS 1****
Figure Four Weekly:
Figure Four Weekly (10/26/15): Analyzing some the favorites for the Hall of Fame
A look at some of the favorites to get into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame this year including Brock Lesnar, Carlos Colon, & more.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Check out the latest issue: Wrestling Observer Newsletter October 26, 2015: Raw ratings woes continue, More Eric Bischoff notes
The lead story is how the Alberto Del Rio deal went down, with full details, including financials that even blew away those in WWE and those who used to negotiate these deals. We look at how in demand he was, including by organizations you wouldn't even know, an angle he shot for MMA that was kept secret and will never probably see the light of day on television, and how this affects AAA, where he is their world champion.
We look at the ramifications of this on WWE, AAA, how the deal was put together, how he positioned it to AAA, how AAA has taken a huge talent hit, when the deal was really put together, how Del Rio was scheduled to main event AAA's next major show against what top U.S. star in a hair match, and his dates advertised in Mexico. We look at other promotions that wanted him, Konnan talking about how the Myzteziz and Del Rio situation affects AAA, the Zeb Colter deal, how Lucha Underground and Del Rio fell apart as well as his huge money MMA offer just recently.
You can also order the print Observer right now and get it delivered to your door via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
You can also order print issues at www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the United States, it is $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can get one free classic issue of your choice sent to you today. With a 40 issue subscription, you can get two free classic issues sent to you today. We've got coverage of every major PPV event and world wide spectacular, every major star switching promotions, histories of companies like FMW, Rings and New Japan, retirement and obit issues of every major star who fits into those descriptions over the past 11 years, as well as our biggest issue every year, the annual awards issue, and our most controversial issue of every year, the Hall of Fame issue.
Click here for the most requested Wrestling Observer back issues.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
- PW Insider has reported that WWE and Tapout are planning to be opening up a series of Tapout Fitness Centers across the U.S. next year, similar to the UFC Gym franchise. WWE talent would be doing appearances at the gyms the same way UFC talent appears at their gyms. WWE talents will be doing fitness workout tapes as well.
- WWE has added 170 new hours of Raw and Smackdown from March 2002 to March 2004 to the network. It's built around being able to see Brock Lesnar, who is by far the most watched performer, in his first run with the company.
- Steve Austin talks to Brian Fritz about his appearance on Raw, saying he didn't know he was going to even be no the show until the morning of the show when he was texted, saying "It was what it was," and said he was handed a piece of paper and he had to make four announcements. "It left a lot to be desired for my part, but it was doing a favor for WWE." He was asked about wrestling again and said 99.9% percent no.
- You can also listen to the entire interview here.
- A major article on the attempt to remove the negative stigma of wrestling from advertisers
- The new James Bond movie Spectre that features Batista as a villain opened huge in the UK and five other territories with a record $80.4 million in the six countries it opened in over the weekend, including $63.8 million in the U.K. It was breaking all-time box office records daily in the U.K. this past week. The highest seven-day gross in U.K. history was held by Skyfall. It did a whopping $110-,000 per screen, breaking the record of The Dark Knight of $100,200 per screen. The movie opens in the U.S. on Thursday in most markets, where it is expected to do monster business. Other all-time box office records were set this past weekend in Holland, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
- The crew scheduled to leave after Raw tonight for Dublin, meaning they won't be at Smackdown tomorrow night in Colorado Springs, are Seth Rollins, Big Show, Sheamus, Kane, Ric Flair, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, New Day, Dudleys, Bella Twins, Alicia Fox, Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Paige. This is always subject to change.
- Lilian Garcia will not be announcing Raw tonight, and instead be doing Smackdown, because Eden Stiles will be part of the crew that leaves after tonight for the U.K.
- Here’s a feature about WWE coming to Billings, Montana.
- Fire Pro Podcast takes a look at WWE 2K16 here
- Ronda Rousey was interviewed by Rolling Stone talking about going to WWE, and talking about the Charlotte vs. Natalya title match at NXT. She said, "I have so may obligations, but I really want to find a way to make it happen. I'm a huge fan of wrestling, and I would like to see the position of women in the sport continue to improve, so if I can be part of it, great."
- Gunnar Nelson on Submission Radio: Conor McGregor's move to lightweight inevitable says Gunnar Nelson
- Conor McGregor vs. The Mountain
- Bellator has a preview for Friday night's big show in St. Louis on Spike at 11:30 p.m. tonight, with the Countdown show.
- Here’s a photo slideshow of Doris Adkisson and the Von Erich family from the Dallas Morning News.
- Taryn Terrell talks about her newfound faith here. In an interesting note, she says in her video that she’s ashamed of past behavior, but doesn’t go into detail and doesn’t talk about TNA. She’s still scheduled for TNA’s UK tour in January.
- Road Warrior Animal talks about Hawk and their childhood puppet friend Rocco.
- Victory Commonwealth Wrestling results from the weekend: Bengali pinned Zakk Atticus, Rob Rage & Boris Brezshnev defeated The Barbarians (Damien & Myzery), Daniel Parker pinned Gabriel Fuerza, VCW Openweight Champion Christopher Bishop pinned Nick Watts to retain the title in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.
- AAA sent out a tweet today for tonight's TV taping in Nuevo Laredo and Alberto El Patron was in the advertising. As noted before, he is scheduled for Raw tonight in Denver and Smackdowntomorrow night in Colorado Springs.
- I've had people raving about the Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki match that headlined The Gate of Destiny show from Dragon Gate yesterday. Two people who watch everything called it the best match of the year and one said among the best of the last ten years.
- Rey Mysterio Jr vs. Low Ki headlines Jersey All Pro Wrestling Fat Frank Iadevaia tribute show on 11/14 in Rahway, NJ. This was the card he was working on at the time of his death. The Hardys, MVP, Homicide, Hernandez, Shelly Martinez, Joey Ryan, Candice LaRae and Jack Evans are all scheduled for the show and Carlito, Christy Hemme, Brooke, Jazz, April Hunter, Snitsky, Warlord, Barbarian and Kristal Marshall will be at the pre-show meet and greet. There will be fund raisers for the Iadevaia family and Frank left behind two children.
- Rob Van Dam will be doing stand up on Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Club One Casino in Fresno, CA.
- Uproar Pro Wrestling on 11/7 in New Port Richey, FL at the Verizon Event Center
- Pure Wrestling Association on 12/5 in Kitchener, ONT at the Alpine Club featuring a Golden Ticket rumble, meaning the winner of the Rumble match gets a shot at any championship they desire. They also run 12/6 in Dundas, ONT at the Hamilton Air Force Association Hall at 3 p.m.
- Victory Commonwealth Wrestling announced its 11/8 date in Ajax, ONT has been canceled and apologizes for the inconvenience.
- Ricky Ruffin beat Matt Riviera to win the NWA Western States title on the Vendetta Pro Wrestling show on Friday night in Santa Maria, CA.
- Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling on 11/14 in Port Coquitlam, BC at Elks Hall #49.
- Vampiro, Pentagon Jr. and Drago from Lucha Underground will headline Lucha Toronto on Sunday at La Liga Sports Complex at 1107 Finch Avenue West. There will also be a Latin surf punk band, Los Senores Calavera, performing at 5 p.m. with the matches starting at 5:30 p.m.
- East Coast Wrestling Association on 11/21 in New Castle, DE at the Asbury United Methodist Church with Sean Carr vs. Matt Saigon for their title with two referees as the main event.
- FMLL on 11/21 in Chicago at the Portage Theater has L.A. Park & El Hijo del L.A. Park vs. Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan. The same father-and-son tag team battle will headline on 11/22 in Sherpherdsville, KY at the Bullitt County Fair and Convention Center.
- Promociones Cholo runs 11/13 in Tijuana with the original Mascara Sagrada & Octagon & Tinieblas Jr. vs. Damian 666 & Fuerza Guerrera & Dr. Wagner Jr. on top.
- AAW on Friday night at 115 Bourbon Street in Merrionette Park, IL features Louis Lyndon vs. Trevor Lee vs Silas Young vs. Eddie Kingston, winner faces Ethan Page for the AAW title coming up.
- Bill Walkowitz is looking for video footage of the Atlantic Wrestling Federation shows from 1997 or EWA shows from 1999 at ChicagoBillW@mail.com
- Jack Doan interview
- Evolve did a Timothy Thatcher mini documentary
- Also, here is Matt Riddle's match from the last EVOLVE show
ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY INTERNATIONAL (thanks to Graeme Cameron)
1983 - David Finlay (current WWE producer) beat Marty Jones in Leeds to win the World mid heavyweight title
1986 - Javier Rocca beat Dandy in Mexico City to win the NWA welterweight title
1990 - Hiroshi Hase (now a member of Japan's cabinet) & Kensuke Sasaki beat Keiji Muto & Masahiro Chono in Tokyo to win the IWGP tag title and Jushin Liger beat Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit) to win the IWGP jr. title. Both of those series' of matches were great
1991 - Danny Collins beat Owen Hart in Bath to win the World middleweight title
1996 - Sonoko Kato & Meiko Satomura beat Sugar Sato & Chikayo Nagashima in Singapore to win the AAAW womens' tag title
2001 - El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas beat Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero in Mexico City to win the CMLL tag titles
2002 - Canek beat Cibernetico in Orizaba to win the UWA heavyweight title
2006 - Rey Bucanero beat Atlantis in the finals of the CMLL Leyenda de Azul tournament
2007 - Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero beat Negro Casas & Mistico (pre Sin Cara) in Mexico City to win the CMLL tag titles
2007 - Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko beat Koji Kanemoto & Hiroshi Tanahashi in Tokyo to win the G-1 tag team tournament.
2012 - Alex Shelley & Kushida beat Prince Devitt (Finn Balor) & Ryusuke Taguchi in Tokyo to win the New Japan Super juniors tag team tournament
2014 - Cima & Gamma beat T-Hawk & Eita in Osaka to win the Open the Twin Gate tag titles
2014 - Young Bucks beat Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly to win the New Japan super juniors tag team tournament