- WWE reveals broadcast details for Worlds Collide tournament
- WWE SmackDown ratings remain even for Rumble go-home show
- Adam Cole to face Shane Strickland, Darby Allin for EVOLVE
- Two matches set for next week's NXT TV
- NJPW reveals cards for New Beginning USA shows
- WOL: Future of Ronda Rousey, New Japan, Dave Meltzer interview, more! 1/24
- Left My Wallet: The positively unstoppable Diamond Dallas Page 1/24
- WOR: Royal Rumble, Raw ratings, Ronda Rousey future, Jon Jones, more! 1/24
We're looking for reports on tonight's ROH show in Dallas and NXT show in San Diego to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this weekend, we'll be doing polls on the NXT Takeover and Rumble shows.
ROH FROM GILLEY'S IN DALLAS TONIGHT AT 8:30 P.M. EASTERN ON HONOR CLUB
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Karl Fredericks & Alex Coughlin in Tag Wars
- Jeff Cobb vs. Clark Connors in a Proving Ground match
- Dalton Castle & The Boys vs. Mark & Jay Briscoe & Shane Taylor
- Madison Rayne vs. Holidead
- Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham vs. Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams
- Marty Scurll vs. Rhett Titus
- Bandido vs. Silas Young
- Matt Taven vs. Rocky Romero
- Brody King & PCO vs. Vinny Marseglia & TK O'Ryan in Tag Wars
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: AEW roster starts to take shape
Plans for All Elite Wrestling started to come into focus at a rally in Jacksonville, Florida last Tuesday. A surprise appearance by Chris Jericho closed the event, with Jericho instantly becoming the highest profile signing AEW has made in its brief history. "I'm Chris Jericho, and I am all in with All Elite Wrestling," Jericho said to begin his speech. "Surprise -- I think we just took things to a different level, didn't we?" Jericho said he's not here with AEW for the money -- he's here because he believes in doing something new and different.
Our lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer talks about Ronda Rousey and her WWE schedule including how long a time frame of when she has talked of stepping away.
Also, look at the top of the WrestleMania card and what major star isn't scheduled, and what other major star may be having his match changed.
Read the full preview of the Royal Rumble, with notes on ticket expectation, how the market is for all four WWE arena events in Phoenix this week, and the situation with John Cena.
Also, look at UFC's first show on ESPN, the Dillashaw vs. Cejudo aftermath, the Greg Hardy debut, the business notes on the show and what record was set as well as how streaming sign-ups destroyed any combat sport event in history, and match-by-match coverage.
Break down the latest Jon Jones drug test failure and why failing the test actually gives more credence to his story than if he had passed all of his tests.
Examine a fourth generation wrestler training at the Performance Center, what happened with The Revival, lots of WWE contract news, XFL President announced, XFL TV talks, and injury updates.
Look at the major hearing next week in Nevada, California's reaction and UFC's reaction to Jones' test failure.
This issue has a rundown of the final three nights of the Fantastica Mania tour, including why the third night was such an entertaining show, as well as an update on the talent in CMLL and the unique match that came from a movie.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
THURSDAY NEWS UPDATE
John Pollock reported today that if John Cena is to wrestle on Sunday, and he's still being pushed, that would be a surprise to everyone because internally they were told he was not going to be on the show.
This year's Southern California pro wrestling awards were announced by SoCal Uncensored, which is actually a website that has been around for more than 16 years:
- Wrestler of the Year - Brody King
- Woman Wrestler of the Year - Delilah Doom
- Tag Team of the Year - Delilah Doom & Eli Everfly
- Most Outstanding - Andy Brown
- Promotion of the Year - PWG (has won 15 of the last 16 years)
- Match of the Year - Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. Young Bucks on 3/25 in Long Beach
DDP has announced a partnership with his DDPY training and the NFL Alumni. All current and former NFL players will get special access to his DDPY Fitness Program, with premium access to DVDs and the DDP Yoga Now App. There will be a demonstration this coming Thursday at the DDP Yoga Performance Center in Smynra GA on 1/31 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A story on all the WWE events in Phoenix this weekend.
- The Slate has a story on Daniel Bryan.
- Shawn Daivari will be starting to work for the company in a few days in a behind-the-scenes role.
- NXT announced these California date for July, with a 7/26 return to San Diego, 7/27 in Riverside, 7/28 in Las Vegas and 7/29 in Phoenix.
- Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler predict soccer. (thanks to Lee Wall)
- Damon Hadzovic vs. Marco Polo Reyes has been added to the 2/23 show in Prague.
- Lando Vannata vs. Marcos Mariano has been added to the 2/9 show in Melbourne, Australia.
- Fite TV will be airing the Brody Cup tomorrow night from the Lithuanian Music Hall in Philadelphia. Barbara Goodish, the widow of Bruiser Brody, and Stan Hansen will both be appearing. Sami Callihan, Matt Tremont, Michael Elgin, Tommy Dreamer, DJ Hyde, Stockade and others are wrestling and also appearing are Abdullah the Butcher, King Kong Bundy. Bobby Fulton and J.J. Dillon.
- CWE on 4/7 in Prince George, BC at the Connaught Youth Centre with Psicosis.
- Jim Ross has a talk show on 4/6 at the Gotham Comedy Club at the midnight show on 4/8 (after Raw in Brooklyn) with Conrad Thompson and Bruce Prichard.
- The Northeast Wrestling show scheduled for Poughkeepsie, NY tomorrow night has been canceled due to an issue with the Hudson Valley Community Center and the Poughkeepsie Fire Department regarding a public assembly license and capacity permit. NEW just found out about the issue yesterday at 4 p.m. and tried to work with public officials or other venues to move the show but insurance issues and commission approval made that impossible. All ticket holders can get a seat upgrade for Saturday's show in Waterbury, CT or get tickets to a March show in Poughkeepsie.
- Rich Swann vs. Ace Austin has been added to the 2/2 MLW show in Philadelphia.
- Gino Gambino was announced for the WSW March tour, which will be his debut for the promotion.
- Adam Brooks will represent Melbourne City Wrestling at the Wrestling Summit in Los Angeles on 3/29.
- Keith Jardine, a former UFC star, appeared on episode four of season two of The Punisher on Netflix in a fight scene. Told the scene is very memorable and gruesome. (thanks to Jeff Parker)
- Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky, Rich Swann, Sammy Guevera and Andrew Everett have been announced for Warrior Wrestling on 3/15 in Chicago Height, IL at the Marian Catholic High School.
- Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling on 1/26 at the Holy Family Church with Bob Orton Jr., Superstar Steve Fender and Ricky Cruz.
- Tommy Dreamer returns to All Star Wrestling on 2/23 in Surrey, BC at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds.
- Bryce Remsburg is organizing a free charity event on 2/10 in Lancaster, PA where all donations will go straight to the Arch Street Center, a mental health awareness and wellness center in Lancaster.
- River City Wrestling no 2/22 in Kirby,TX at the Turner Club with Gail Kim, Rebel, Scarlett Bordeaux, Katie Forbes, Barbi Hayden and Hernandez.
- Nick Morrill, who wrestles as Marek Brave and is a business partner with Seth Rollins, appears on an episode of "Knight Fight" on The History Channel shortly. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- IPW on 2/20 in Canterbury, Kent at the Westgate Hall has Pac vs. Mark Haskins vs. Kip Sabian for the IPW title.
- Shazza McKenzie vs. Melina Perez was announced for Wrestling Go on 3/2 in Sydney.
- Robbie E vs. Cousin Ali was announced on 3/2 for BCW in Melbourne, Australia. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- McAloon Productions announced a show for 2/1 in Atlanta with Simon Grimm & Eddie Kingston vs. Mat Fitchett & Davey Vega vs. Tom Lawlor & ?, MJF vs. Scorpio Sky, Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels vs. Pentagon Jr.& Rey Fenix plus Kikutaro, Joey Ryan, Ethan Page Thunder Rose, Penelope Ford, Vernon "Tiger White (former UFC fighter), Mil Muertes, Glacier, Ken Shamrock, Brian Pillman Jr. and Joey Janela (announcing).
- Jerry Lawler vs. Matt Riviera have a Thunderdome steel cage match for USA Championship Wrestling on 2/16 in Jackson, TN at Oman Arena.
- NEW moved its scheduled 3/2 show at the Mohegan Sun Casino to 3/3 in Bethany, CT with Fenix & Pentagon Jr.
- PWA have put all of their last show up for free. Features Jimmy Havoc vs Matty Wahlberg and Jonah Rock vs Robbie Eagles vs Adam Brooks.
- A Bill Dundee interview.
- Gemma Cross and Leyla Hirsch are the next participants scheduled for the ECWA Super 8 Chickfight Tournament on March 16 in New Castle, Delaware.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWF Royal Rumble 1999
Ed in San Antonio presents the Empire Events for WRESTLEMANIA Weekend (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Empire lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!