- Shirai & Nox vs. Kai & LeRae to kick off WWE NXT
- Scott vs. Atlas added to WWE NXT, Imperium set for action
- Heath to make Impact Wrestling in-ring debut next week
- Hiromu Takahashi off this week's NJPW shows due to shoulder injury
- Impact Wrestling results: The Good Brothers vs. Reno Scum
- AEW Dark results: SCU vs. Private Party vs. Santana & Ortiz
- WOL: Karl Anderson talks TALKNSHOPAMANIA, plus Raw ratings and more! 7/29
- Big Audio Nightmare: Stardom, Giulia, Okada's crazy idea, NJPW, more 7/29
- B&V&C&G: Retro WCW Invasion Smackdown May 10, 2001, plus Granny! 7/28
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp(Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS(s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
A look at the very good, and the very bad, of Extreme Rules is the lead story in the new double issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. We also have a back-of-the-book feature on Carlton Haselrig, one of the greatest American heavyweight wrestlers in the history of the sport of wrestling.
The new issue also covers:
Interest levels in Extreme Rules and with the rating the next day, the lesson that tells us about certain types of angles, the background of Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio, along with match-by-match coverage, star ratings and poll results on the show.
An examination of all facets of the Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson departure from WWE, including what makes sense, what doesn't, why, how come they were signed, how come they were given such a strong offer to stay, their release, A.J. Styles, angles set up for them in New Japan and AEW last year, the booking of Raw under Paul Heyman and much more. This is a very detailed look not only at Gallows & Anderson, but the roles of a number of different people and how Raw fell off the creative tracks
Impact Slammiversary with match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results on the show.
Stephanie McMahon's interview in Ad Age covering wrestling during the pandemic, testing and what changes look to be permanent, as well as race relations.
The current plan for WrestleMania and how it has shifted, the new WWE Board of Directors, next week's Raw show, NXT North American title thoughts, notes on the next Takeover, update on Wendy Barlow and COVID, WWE producer let go, WWE loses major international deal and how it went down, WWE TV personality get bullied by fans, idea nixed for Raw this past week and all the different changes to the show, Adam Cole-Pat McAfee angel, Bellas update, sports ratings and Canadian TV ratings for the past week, another example of WWE marketing that ha led to the situation they are in, market value of WWE and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
This past weekend's UFC show.
A feature on Haselrig, a Pennsylvania sports legend who could have been an Olympic medalist or an all-time great NFL player, but drugs curtailed his career, but not before he set a heavyweight record that may never be beat and another record that almost surely will never be beat.
Ratings of all the major shows, the key demos and quarters for AEW and WWE, what happened head-to-head and what can be learned from them.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE uploaded a video of Kairi Sane reflecting on her career in WWE.
- Triple H tweeted about Sane: “A truly unique young woman with the ability to capture hearts, minds (and pirate ships!!!) Proud of @KairiSaneWWE’s growth as a performer and her time spent with #WWENXT and @WWE.”
- Variety published a story on WWE’s declining ratings and Vince McMahon’s various explanations over the last few quarters as to why ratings have been down.
- This week’s episode of The Bump featured the show giving out their half-year awards called Bumpys. WWE.com has the full list of winners.
- Jerry Lawler paid tribute to his son Brian, who passed away on this date two years ago: “Today is a sad anniversary. Two years ago today we got the horrible news that my son Brian had died. I miss him every day. We are headed to his gravesite now to visit. #RIPBrianChristopher #GrandMasterSexay #ToolCool”
- Talking to Wrestling Inc, Doc Gallows said that AJ Styles would likely want another match with the Undertaker, one with a crowd. “The Boneyard Match was them doing the best they could do with what they had as a resource at the time,” he said. “Creatively, it was where to go and what to do. But I think that probably AJ would like to give Taker that match with a big crowd and a big reaction. I know that."
- WWE uploaded a gauntlet match between Ricochet, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Andrade, and Rey Mysterio from the July 29, 2019 edition of Raw and Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch from NXT TakeOver: Rival from 2015.
- Matt Riddle will be the guest on After The Bell with Corey Graves this week.
- FS1 will air SummerSlam 2019 following its MLB coverage on August 11.
- A seriesoftweets between FTR and Tony Khan revealed that FTR will “make a decision” today regarding their contracts with AEW.
- In an interview with ESPN, Cody spoke about the status of a second weekly AEW show: “I think probably in four to six weeks I'll have a firmer answer on that. That's still very much the case. The format of that show might be different. It might rely on the production we have in place already, it might not. I know we've got all kinds of different plans converging on what we want. The goal of what the third hour would be is to showcase a different crop of talent from AEW. It's very hard when you have this much talent and you only have a single weekly show. It's hard to keep people in the mix. As a wrestler, it's even hard to train for. The only way to train for wrestling is still wrestling. It's been an adjustment, even without the pandemic.”
- Jeremy Lambert of Fightful talked to Ricky Starks about his match on Dynamite tonight and working with Taz.
- Ace Austin and Kylie Rae will make their GCW debuts on Sunday’s show in Indianapolis. ACH vs. Joey Janela has been announced for the event.
- In the latest edition of the Aces High interview series, Hiroshi Tanahashi talked to NJPW‘s website about working as an assistant to Riki Choshu.
- NJPW’s theme entrance music is now available on Spotify.
- Thunder Rosa will defend the NWA Women’s title against Lindsay Snow on Mission Pro Wrestling’s Hell Hath No Fury event on September 18 in Buda, Texas.
- A trailer is out for 12 Hour Shift, a black comedy horror film featuring Mick Foley and David Arquette.
- Tito Ortiz has filed to run for a seat in the Huntington Beach, CA City Council, according to TMZ.
- Ryan Bader told ESPN he has signed to defend his Bellator heavyweight title against Vadim Nemkov at Bellator 244, which takes place on August 21.
- Brett Okamoto spoke to Stipe Miocic regarding his upcoming title fight against Daniel Cormier on August 15.
- Manel Kape is out of UFC 252 following an ankle injury.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Hansen & Gordy win All Japan tag titles
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today