- ROH now including live PPVs for all HonorClub subscribers
- Tuesday ratings: Dark Side of the Ring, WWE Backstage
- Florida issues statewide stay-at-home order
- Updated AEW top-five roster rankings
- Cody & Allin vs. Spears & Guevara set for AEW Dynamite
- TNA One Night Only results: Rhino vs. Madman Fulton
- Impact Wrestling results: Sami Callihan returns
- UFC's Jon Jones reaches plea deal, releases statement
- Impact Wrestling confirms signing of Kylie Rae
- WOL: RAW ratings, news, then Paul London talks playing ELVIS 4/1
- B&V: Yes, Thunder. 3/31
- Portland Wrestlecast free podcast: Remembering Dean Silverstone 3/31
Are you interested in attending our annual F4W/WON convention? We will hold it during AEW Double or Nothing weekend. For more information, check this post for activities and prices.
An update on pro wrestling around the world, where almost everything is canceled, update on WrestleMania, and how every company is handling the situation is the lead story in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Why WWE had to tape WrestleMania in advance, update on the card, update on the changes, some of the early changes, what matches were changed from last week and why, many different matches that were talked about as recently as a week ago, PPV price, NXT big matches and the NXT UK next major show.
The new issue also covers:
The massive stock sale of Vince McMahon, the questions regarding why he would do it, how much of the company he still owns, the television deal with ESPN, and how it compares with airing of big fights from the UFC and boxing on ESPN this week. We also look at the latest WWE Network free offer and what it entails, how long AEW will be going without fans at shows, why the original plans for last week had to be scrapped, who is iced for now from appearing on AEW TV, how hard it has been to put shows together ad new dates.
Dana White's comments regarding UFC 249, what he said about testing and what the doctors have said about doing shows right now. We also look at White's plans to make up for missed shows, Impact canceling its PPV, the Japanese sports scene, the Governor of Tokyo talks shutting down the city, the difference in stats between Tokyo and New York, and what Korakuen Hall management has decided.
Shows in Japan this past week and decisions made by companies for this coming week. We look in particular at how New Japan is handling this as compared with other companies. We look at problems for Americans getting to Japan, when the next possible New Japan show is and what content New Japan has been producing.
The arrest of Jon Jones this past week, details of the arrest and a look back at Jones' arrests and drug test failures.
The best of the 10s, who were the Best of the Decade as far as the Thesz/Flair Award, MMA Most Valuable, Most Outstanding Wrestler of Fighter, Biggest Box Office Draw, Best Tag Team, Best on Interviews, Most Charismatic, Best Technical, Best Brawler, Best Flyer, Best Promotion, Who had the best matches over the past decade, Best Non-Wrestler and Best Television announcer.
Daniel Bryan also talks his future after his current contract expires, WWE stars make marketing donations, WWE renews major TV deal, U.K. ratings for WWE and AEW, how WWE contract work and how that pressures some wrestlers into signing new deals, behind what Braun Strowman said that caused so much controversy, key exec stock sales, Arn Anderson on what Vince McMahon wanted said about Sting, new WWE movie coming to Netflix, Injury updates, and most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
A feature on the death of Branko Cikatic, the first K-1 champion and a pioneer on major MMA shows in Japan. We look at his gigantic career, what star was made in Japan by beating him, the first K-1 World Grand Prix and early Pride shows.
Regarding the Wednesday numbers, we've got full details, demos that each side won, how every segment did and what match ended up as the difference maker.
Full coverage of all the WWE and AEW television shows from the past week.
In-depth looks at the ratings of all the major shows, the key demos and quarters for AEW and WWE, what happened head-to-head and what can be learned from them.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Today’s episode of The Bump featured AJ Styles, Humberto Carrillo, Shotzi Blackheart and Ariel Helwani of ESPN.
- Helwani also talked to Triple H about WWE’s response to the coronavirus, running WrestleMania this weekend and Roman Reigns’ status for the event. Triple H told Helwani that Reigns’ story will “play out in a unique manner.” Triple H said it isn’t an awkward position for himself, they just don’t want to give away the ending of the movie before it takes place.
- Rob Gronkowski spoke to WWE about his upcoming hosting gig for WrestleMania.
- WWE has added a number of free matches to their YouTube page, including The Undertaker vs. Triple H from WrestleMania 28, Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka from WrestleMania 34, Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar from WrestleMania 33, and Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch from the 2016 Royal Rumble.
- Keith Lee spoke to CBS New York about the lack of fans, competing under the coronavirus pandemic and more.
- Drew McIntyre discussed his WrestleMania match with App.
- Natalya, Paige and Alexa Bliss were on A Little Late With Lily Singh.
- Triple H was on Pat McAfee’s show today.
- Randy Orton turns 40 years old today.
- Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall are teaming together on AEW Dynamite tonight. Their opponents haven’t been announced.
- Latest AEW trademark filings include “The Best Summer Ever” and “Death Triangle”, the latter being the new stable name for PAC, Pentagon Jr., and Fenix.
- Rush has filed for the trademark “El Toro Blanco Rush”.
- Dark Side of the Ring producer Evan Husney talked to 411 about Martha Hart’s involvement with the episode involving the story of Owen Hart’s death.
- Vice released the trailer for next week’s Brawl for All episode of Dark Side of the Ring.
- Wrestle-1 officially held their final show earlier today in an empty arena.
- GCW uploaded a “social distancing rules” match between Joey Janela and Jimmy Lloyd on their YouTube page.
- On Instagram, Khabib Nurmagomedov posted a statement seemingly confirming he’s out of UFC 249: “Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight? - I understand everything and I’m definitely upset more than you to cancel the fight, probably like all others, I had many plans after the fight, but I can’t control it all. The greatest countries and the largest companies of our time are shocked by what is happening, every day the situation changes unpredictably. But Khabib still has to fight, is that what you saying? - Take care of yourself and put yourself in my shoes.”
- Tony Ferguson talked to Ariel Helwani about Nurmagomedov being unable to compete at UFC 249, saying that he should be stripped of the lightweight title.
- Amanda Nunes and Felicia Spencer have agreed to stay in Florida ahead of their currently planned fight for UFC 250.
- Fighters who were set to compete at the cancelled UFC event in London will receive payment.
- Ariel Helwani interviewed Stipe Miocic about the condition of his eye and his status as a fireman during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Mirko Cro Cop is scheduled to fight at a Rizin event in August.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWF WrestleMania X-Seven
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today