- WWE announces two Survivor Series qualifying matches for SmackDown
- The Undertaker's 'Final Farewell' set for WWE Survivor Series
- NXT UK Women's title match announced for November 19
- Daniels vs. Sydal part of seven-match Friday AEW Dark card
- Heritage Cup semifinal, Rampage Brown's debut set for next NXT UK
- WOL: AEW and NXT ratings, Full Gear preview with Denise Salcedo, more! 11/6
- Wrestling Weekly: AEW Full Gear, Roman Reigns & Jey Uso 11/6
- B&V: Bryan and Vinny review AEW and NXT head-to-head! 11/5
- WOR: AEW's Tony Khan on Full Gear, their first year & more 11/5
We take a look at the life and wrestling career of Tracy Smothers with a major feature as the lead story in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer.
We look at those he helped teach, his last two decades on the independent scene, his battle with cancer, with comments from his friends and many of today's major stars. We look at the unique first time he was in the ring, wrestling bears, playing sports growing up, the famous first TV taping he worked against five Hall of Famers in one night. We look at his runs in different territories, his first major title, the birth of the Southern Boys tag team, the best match of 1990 in U.S. wrestling, why the Southern Boys name was dropped, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, ECW, Freddie Joe Floyd, The Thugs and much more.
Also in this issue:
Kylie Rae stepping away from pro wrestling and some of the lessons this should teach us.
Preview AEW's Full Gear show as well as WWE's Survivor Series, looking at the matches, the booking, selling tickets and what can be expected.
The WWE Twitch situation, a WWE meeting with employees, what is banned at the Thunderdome, A&E specials, where wrestling stands in sports ratings, WWE ratings outside the U.S., college star talks WWE, next week's TV, most-watched shows on the WWE Network and current WWE market value.
Preview both New Japan tournaments coming up. We look at how much the junior talent in New Japan has dropped over the last year and why.
The last fight of Anderson Silva in UFC and his career, as well as full coverage of Saturday's UFC show.
Gate of Destiny, one of Dragon Gate's signature events of the year, the angles, who is getting promoted, the future of the company as well as match-by-match coverage.
DDT's Ultimate Party.
Ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
We've got a new show up today talking with Tony Khan about the first two years of AEW, Full Gear, booking, Gedo, angles that fans changed and much more. We've got polls this coming weekend for Full Gear and Power Struggle, thumbs up, down or middle, best and worst match to email@example.com
An update on the Matt Jackson injury. He's had improvements in his knee since first hurting it doing the stage dive a couple of months back. The MCL problem was a direct result of the dive in the match with Butcher & Blade. The ACL issue is likely just from years of use but he's not quite sure. He can work on it like he's done the past few months.
Power Struggle tonight at 3 a.m. Eastern and Midnight Pacific on New Japan World:
- Toru Yano vs. Zack Sabre Jr. with no turnbuckle pads for the KOPW title
- Minoru Suzuki vs. Shingo Takagi for the Never Open weight title
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Great O'Khan
- KENTA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the U.S. title briefcase
- Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White for the Tokyo Dome IWGP title shot
- Tetsuya Naito vs. Evil for the IWGP & IC titles
The winners in the top two matches would face off in a main event at the Tokyo Dome for both titles.
UFC tomorrow at 7 p.m. Eastern:
- Anthony Birchak (136) vs. Gustavo Lopez (135.75)
- Max Griffin (170) vs.; Ramiz Brahimaj (170)
- Darren Elkins (145.5) vs. Luiz Eduard Garagorri (145.5)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima (258) vs. Alexandr Romanov (260)
- Giga Chikadze (145) vs. Jamey Simmons (146)
- Trevin Giles (185.5) vs. Bevon Lewis (185)
- Claudia Gadelha (115.5) vs. Yan Xiaonan (115.5)
- Ian Heinisch (185.5) vs. Brendan Allen (185)
- Raoni Barceloa (135.5) vs. Khalid Taha (135.5)
- Andrei Arlovski (244.5) vs. Tanner Boser (232.5)
- Thiago Santos (205.5) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.5)
New Japan Strong tonight at 10 p.m. on New Japan World:
- Fred Rosser vs. Jordan Clearwater
- Jeff Cobb & Rocky Romero vs. Rust Taylor & JR Kratos
The ban of MMA on television in France has officially ended. MMA has been banned from television forever, but there is a large fan base that watches it off television stations in the U.K. and Luxembourg. The guidelines are that it can only air after 10:30 p.m., it must have a 16 and older viewer rating, fights too violent are not allowed and no glorification of violence is allowed (thanks to Tony Bouin).
The situation with Scorpio Sky is that he told AEW medical that someone he was in contact with might have COVID and he was pulled from Wednesday's show. The person tested negative and Scorpio Sky has tested negative twice so he is cleared to return.
- Elayna Black, who has worked a number of indies and AEW Dark, is part of a tryout going on right now.
- The movie podcast "Medium Cool" has an interview with Andy Williams, aka "The Butcher."
- Linda McMahon tweeted "Stand with the President Donald Trump for a fair count of legal votes. Ignoring court orders and breaking state laws is the opposite. We must continue the challenge." The irony of wanting a fair count after dismantling the post office in an attempt to make sure mail ballots arrived late and eliminating voting boxes in cities where a high percentage of those voting would vote against him makes fair count of legal votes rich.
- Highlights from last night's Bellator show.
- The New York Times has a bio of former enhancement wrestler Johnny Meadows.
- Considering how almost nobody that wasn't famous from WWE gets a New York Times bio, that is something, but it was due to his passing away from COVID
- Kevin Eck's weekly ROH News column.
- TJP will be on the next set of MLW TV tapings.
- LFA on 11/20 and 12/4 on Fight Pass has shows from Park City, KS. The 11/20 show is headlined by Nick Browne (10-1) vs. Arthur Estrazulas (12-4) for the lightweight title and Myron Dennis (17-7) vs. Dylan Potter (9-4) at light heavyweight. 12/4 has Maycon Mendonca (10-4) vs. Batsumberel Dagvadorj (7-0) for the welterweight title and Mo Miller (4-0) vs.; Regivaldo Carvalho (5-2) at bantamweight.
- The U.K. lockdowns have put on hold the return of Pro Wrestling Eve this weekend.
- Glory has announced 12/19 on FITE TV for Badr Hari vs. Benjamin Adegbuyi
- CWE from last night in Morden, Manitoba: Travis Cole b EZ Ryder,.Shaun Martens b Sammy Peppers, AJ Sanchez & Kevin O'Doyle b Danny Duggan & Mentallo, Kevin Cannon b Cole Zwiep, Sammy Peppers & Cole Swiep b Kevin Cannon & Shaun Martens.
- CWE has three more shows left this month, 11/26 in Grand Prairie,Alberta, 11/27 in Red Deer, Alberta and 11/28 in Calgary.
- Northeast Wrestling is debuting a new Studio Wars show on Tuesday night at Highspots.com
- Dalton Castle vs. Brody King is on this weekend's ROH TV show.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: AAA When Worlds Collide
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today