- WWE president Nick Khan: Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch will return
- Pre-show match set for NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night one
- WWE announces 2020 and 2021 Legacy Hall of Fame inductees
- WOL: Ratings notes, Peacock deal, NXT vs. AEW final night, more!
- Mat Men: Go-home to WrestleMania 37
- B&V&C&G: Granny's Wrestling Report, plus Monday Night Wars Rise of the NWO documentary
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
The end of the Wednesday night war is the lead story in the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
We look at the announcement, international implications, barbs back-and-forth, Paul Levesque's speech announcing the move to those who work at NXT, the Wednesday night stats with one week left, a look at the final head-to-head battle, advantages each side had going in, what lessons were shown by the Wednesday wars, where each side had the advantage and what lessons it says about what people want out of their wrestling.
NXT's move to Tuesday, what should happen with the ratings based on past examples, trajectory changes of late, the numbers each show has done in the past unopposed and what should and shouldn't be expected to happen over the next few weeks. We also look at the 2021 averages for AEW and NXT.
Also in this issue:
How the Endeavor IPO changes the UFC business and how the ESPN deal makes making the big money fights less important to UFC. We look at the value of a Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou fight, but where the big payoff goes and where the big expense goes.l We look at numbers Jones has talked about, the lightweight title, belts losing all credibility, and questions about Jones and Ngannou should a fight take place.
WWE Network shows migrating to Peacock, shows difficult to find, editing of shows, shows that had already been heavily edited, WWE next business report, how the new NFL scheduled affects Raw and WWE, Charly Caruso leaving and ESPN deal, Vince McMahon and Oliver Luck lawsuit update, William Shatner as wrestling fan decades ago, Glenn Jacobs honored, Rhea Ripley talks how she found out about her WrestleMania match, Paige talks wrestling again, writing team member let go, International TV ratings, how wrestling shows did s compared with sports programming this past week, Shawn Michaels talks superkicks, a look at the Hurt Business breakup, William Regal talks Sasha Banks, Hall of Fame news, and WWE market value.
UFC 260, with the background of the show, match-by-match coverage, business notes and poll results.
WWE heading into WrestleMania, the main event story behind the story the build up, business notes, ticket sales, NXT Takeover, plus updated lineups.
Andrade's different interviews talking why he left, the Charlotte Flair pregnancy test story, the COVID story, the Saudi Arabia trip, where he may wind up, offers made by WWE, what he wants out of his career, and what angle suggested for him that was nixed.
ROH 19th anniversary show, with highlights, match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results.
2021 Hodge trophy award voting and why there were two winners even with the voting not close.
Non-WWE shows during WrestleMania weekend, from AEW to Game Changer, ticket sales and more.
More into detail on ratings than any other source, we have how every segment on NXT and AEW did as well as how it did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Today’s episode of The Bump was a NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver special that featured Raquel Gonzalez, Karrion Kross, Scarlett, Adam Cole, and LA Knight.
- Cathy Kelly, Lita, and Riddle will appear during The Bump’s Watch Along of NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver night one tonight.
- Io Shirai spoke to Sports Illustrated on her match against Raquel Gonzalez tonight and changing her style in NXT.
- Bayley spoke to Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT where she confirmed that the company has no plans for her at WrestleMania. I cannot give you an honest answer, dude,” Bayley started with a smile. “I don’t know. I’m sorry guys, it just didn’t happen. Even if there was something, I don’t know if I would tell you guys to spoil it. But yeah, it’s OK. I’ll be here for a long time. I might just jump the barricade and steal my own moment if they won’t give me one. I’ll just steal it.”
- Sami Zayn shot an angle that appeared on WWE’s social media where he interrupted a sparring session with Logan and Jake Paul.
- Young Rock on NBC last night scored 2,552,000 overnight viewers, up slightly from last week’s 2,523,000 viewers.
- Shotzi Blackheart wrote on Twitter: “Its been a rough week. Ive never been this heartbroken. My step dad is in a coma after 2 heart attacks. I was able to visit him and I’m hopeful but It isn’t looking good. Energy is powerful so please send prayers/ positive vibes ANYTHING to the man that taught me to ride a bike.”
- Big E spoke to Ariel Helwani on WrestleMania 37 and a possible Jon Jones-Francis Ngannou fight.
- Rob Van Dam talked to the Battle Creek Enquirer about being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. "Being inducted into the Hall of Fame probably means more than being a world champion because there are probably a lot of world champions that will never be in the hall of fame," he said. "To have Vince McMahon stand up during the induction ceremony and tell me that I changed the style of the business was probably the highest compliment I could imagine."
- Today’s matches added to WWE’s YouTube page include Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe from NXT TakeOver: London, John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt from WrestleMania XXX and Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton from WrestleMania 22.
- Foot Locker, WWE, and Wale have partnered up to release capsule collections celebrating Black champions, including Sasha Banks, Kofi Kingston, and Booker T.
- The company uploaded a clip from Chris Jericho’s episode of The Broken Skull Sessions with Steve Austin, where he mentioned Sammy Guevara as one of his favorite tag team partners.
- Stephanie McMahon and Triple H spoke to Arda Ocal of ESPN to talk about their WrestleMania moments.
- The WWE Performance Center’s YouTube page has a short documentary on Ember Moon’s return from injury.
- In an interview with PWInsider, Tony Khan hoped that the NXT move to Tuesdays would bring in new wrestling fans. “I think there are a lot of wrestling fans who like AEW, and I think among the world of wrestling fans, we have a chance to continue building an audience and getting fans to check out the show now because we won't be opposed by another wrestling show next week,” he said. “I think we'll have some new fans coming in then I really hope, checking us out, and I hope to make some new wrestling fans in general, fans of AEW and then they can check out other companies and find what they like in wrestling, and find the wrestlers and the moves and the stories they like, and I just want to make new fans of wrestling.”
- Khan also expressed interest in doing more house shows in the future. “I am open to doing more house shows,” he said. “This is an experiment, it felt like a great week for us to do it where we have the whole crew available to us and we got a really good house for Dynamite this week, we have a great crowd, and with the recent sales of Dynamite, tickets have trended really well, Revolution did very well, the weather's been great, the fans have been great, we wanted to do something special for our fans here in Jacksonville."
- AEW has added additional seat pods for their house show, The House Always Wins, this Friday.
- ROH COO Joe Koff expressed interest in a future Ring of Honor Hall of Fame in a video posted on the company’s YouTube channel. “Absolutely,” he said when asked. “We talk about it. It’s not a new thought. It’s a matter of how, who, when, but most importantly why. And I think we are getting that part answered.”
- Forbes has released their 2021 World Billionaires list. AEW co-owner Shad Khan finished in 308th place with an estimated net worth of $8 billion. Vince McMahon placed 1,517th with an estimated net worth of $2.1 billion. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos tops the list with $177 billion.
- Adam Thornstowe of Reno Scum wrote on Twitter that the team is no longer a part of Impact Wrestling. “Well..Reno Scums time with Impact has come to an end,” he wrote. “I’m nothing but thankful for everything they did for us. I wanna thank the staff and [producers], and especially the talent. It is undoubtedly one of the most talented locker rooms in the world. Until we see ya again...Oi Oi Oi!”
- Lars Sullivan has been announced for a in-store meet and greet in Flushing, New York on May 8, his first appearance since his WWE departure.
- The latest Aces High column by Hiroshi Tanahashi covers Brock Lesnar’s departure from NJPW in 2006.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWE WrestleMania 35
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today