- Friday night ratings: WWE SmackDown, AEW Rampage up in viewers
- WWE Raw live results: Bobby Lashley addresses his actions
- VIDEO: Being The Elite - 'Shoes & Behind the Scenes Views'
- ROH TV results: EC3 vs. Eli Isom
- WWE postpones finals of RK-Bro-nament
- Tokyo Sports reveals 2021 award winners
- Referee recovering from multiple head wounds inflicted by wrestler
- Former ROH and TNA wrestler Jimmy Rave passes away at 39
- Cora Jade vs. Dakota Kai announced for WWE NXT
- AEW to make Connecticut debut in February
- WWE NXT's Sarray returning to US following trip to Japan
- WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page marries Payge McMahon
- F4D: Bryan and Filthy Tom Lawlor talk Smackdown and New Japan Strong! 12/13
- WOL: Death of Jimmy Rave, Hook debut, Final Battle, tons more 12/13
- JNPO: Pro wrestling year in review - May 2021 12/13
- B&V&C: SEND HOOK, AEW Rampage review, weekly live Q&A! 12/12
JOB LISTING: Wikipedia guru
- Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at email@example.com for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- WWE fires Jeff Hardy
- The career of Blackjack Lanza
- Match and performer of the week
- Triplemania Regia
- NXT War Games and futures of O'Reilly & Gargano
- Another WWE star contract expires and what is next
- Why Reigns vs. Lesnar is on the WWE Day 1 show
- Movement in ticket sales after Reigns vs. Lesnar was announced
- WWE NIL program, who are the athletes, their background and what does the program actually entail
- What WWE's new signees tell us about what they are looking for regarding men and women headliners
- More details on the top stars in WWE and salary structure
- This past week's ratings
- International TV ratings and how WWE & AEW viewership differs by age group in Canada
- Live attendance, what have AEW & WWE done compared to each other since both went back to touring
- Holiday time and format changes for WWE & AEW shows
- Streaming numbers for WWE & AEW
- Most in-demand tickets right now in pro wrestling
- Ticket sales for every major upcoming pro wrestling event between now and Royal Rumble
- The realities of wrestling TV viewing, plus DVR numbers for every major show
- What young wrestler is getting a megapush due to rumors of them considering leaving
- All Japan tag team tournament
- NOAH's return to Budokan Hall
- Major announcement at NJPW show Wednesday
- Update on NJPW Junior heavyweight and tag team tournaments
- Story behind a 1970s lawsuit that revealed promoter controlled title
- UFC show, this week's show, plus business notes
- UFC star voted into boxing Hall of Fame
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking about Jimmy Rave, Jon Huber, Wrestler of the Year as well as tonight's Raw. You can also send questions to the show to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today would have been the 10th anniversary for Jon and Amanda Huber. We are also just weeks from the first anniversary of Jon's death. Amanda wrote a story about her life with Jon that I would label must read.
We're looking for reports from St. Paul tonight for Raw with anything not on the live show, such as Main Event or dark matches. We are also doing polls on UFC 269 and ROH Final Battle, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumb s in the middle along with a best and worst match to email@example.com
Raw is unknown tonight past Bobby Lashley will be doing an interview, Bianca Belair faces Doudrop in a match and Maryse returns. The Mysterios vs,. Street Profits match for a tag title shot scheduled for tonight is off. WWE said that there were injuries to both teams and the match would be rescheduled. Montez Ford was injured. Announced for dark matches are Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair for the women's title and Big E vs. Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE title.
The competition tonight is the Los Angeles Rams vs. St. Louis Cardinals which, based on one team being 8-4 and the other being 10-2, should be significant competition.
For tonight's show, they are moving people who were in the upper decks down in front of the camera. There were still a lot of seats in front of the camera not sold so they will have to be moving people and perhaps papering. They've also dropped prices although that is part of normal procedure is they start out with very expensive prices, and get the hardcores to buy the best seats early, and then drop prices near the show to try and drive late buys based on discounting.
For Friday ratings, Smackdown did 2,142,000 viewers and 0.50 in 18-49. Rampage did 503,000 viewers and 0.18 (tag title match did 0.22 and 601,000).
Showbuzz Daily hasn't been updated today. The ratings are out so it could be a one day thing, but after that disappearance for months, you wonder every time as there is no message regarding it.
Sports Business Journal listed the WWE threesome of Nick Khan,Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon in their list of the top ten most influential sports executives. The top ten were listed more as a category with WWE in the top ten listing those three. Others in the top ten included ESPN, NBC Sports Group, Amazon, CBS Sports, Fox Sports and Warner Media/Turner Spots.
Bellator announced a title unification with heavyweight champion Ryan Bader (28-7,1 no contest) vs. Valentin Moldasky (11-1), the interim champion, taking place on 1/29 in Phoenix, which is head-to-head with the Royal Rumble. Also announced for that show is Darrion Caldwell vs. Enique Barzola.
- WWE is doing two-for-one tickets for shows in Orlando and Jacksonville on 12/27.
- AEW has shows on 2/16 at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium and 2/23 in Bridgeport,CT at the Webster Bank Arena (the same arena WWE uses). Presales for both shows are Thursday and the general public on sale will be Friday. They are also putting tickets on sale for Rampage and the Revolution PPV on 3/4 and 3/6 in Orlando on Thursday for the presale and Friday for the general public. With it being a small arena, the PPV tickets should go quick. That's not to say they will for sure because Orlando is overloaded with wrestling.
- Cody Rhodes and Amanda Huber are doing a Toys for Tots benefit on Wednesday and with a donation get a "Winter is Coming" print.
- Going sneaker shopping with the Young Bucks on the show Sneaker Shopping, as they talk about losing a pair of Dior Jordan 1s, starting the trend of wrestlers wearing sneakers, and covering a pair of Travis Scott Fragment Jordan 1s with tacks for a match. (thanks to John Walaszek)
- AEW Dark Elevation tonight: Tony Nese vs. Alex Reynolds Red Velvet & Kris Statlander vs. Nikki Duke & Tina San Antonio Thunder Rosa vs. Gabbi Ortiz Gunn Club vs. Joey Sweets & Antonio Zambrano & Jack Tomlinson Emi Sakura vs. Notorious Mimi Santana & Ortiz vs. Mike Verna & Anthony Gagnone managed b Prince Nana Anthony Ogogo vs. Jaden Matthew
- Nick Dinsmore is putting together a "Eugene Retirement tour: The Last Call: One more Go Round." He would like to work anywhere possible. He's living in the Sioux Falls, SD area. For information contact him at EugeneNickDinsmore@gmail.com
- Warrior Wrestling from yesterday in Tinley Park, IL: Aramis b Demonic Flamita to keep the Lucha title, Sam Adonis b Matt Taven, Fuego del Sol b Carlos Romo, Dante Martin b Joey Janela, Sky Blue won four-way over Gringo Loco, Axel Rico and Billie Starkz, Thunder Rose b Mercedes Martinez to retain the women's title (people raved about this one), Will Ospreay won the Warrior title in a three-way over Blake Christian and champion Trey Miguel. Ospreay said he would be bringing the belt to the Tokyo Dome (thanks to Dave Gould)
- Damage Inc. on Saturday night in Rockford, IL before about 200 fans: Kyzlyle & Mongo b Meathooks O'Bannon & Kavan O'Reilly to win the tag titles, Bryan Harley (dress as Santa Claus) b Norman Frankenstein (dressed as The Grinch), Masked Marauder b Nikki Vendetta, Rhino b Scott Spade, Chase Stevens & Micah Taylor b Moondog Maynard & Axel Abreyo, Masada & Axel Rico b Cody James & Chris Miller, James Storm retained Damage title over Eric Priest via DQ setting up a cage match in February. Randy Savage's former girlfriend Gorgeous George and Bobcat managed Maynard and Abreyo and turned on them. (thanks to Mike Korn)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Starrcade 1989
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today