- WWE Raw draws near-record lows in viewership, 18-49 demo
- AEW's Tony Khan comments on Kevin Owens re-signing with WWE
- Kevin Owens: ROH did not ask WWE talent for Final Battle videos
- Eddie Kingston, Brandi Rhodes part of 13-match AEW Dark lineup
- NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome results: Okada & Eagles vs. LIJ
- WWE Raw video highlights: Day 1 build, AJ Styles-Omos split
- WOL: New Japan Strong, Shibata, Raw, more 12/21
- DragonKingKarl True Crime Wrestling Stories: The case of Mr. Wrestling 2, pt. 1 12/21
- WOR: RAW, ratings, COVID-19, Shawn Michaels 12/21
JOB LISTING: Wikipedia guru
- Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at email@example.com for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- How ROH came to be, its start, highs and lows, peak, legacy and perhaps its ending
- Match of the week and performers of the week
- A look at the three NJPW Wrestle Kingdom shows and details
- NJPW Best of the Super Juniors, World Tag League, and last major show of the year
- The voting, politics and results of the 2021 Tokyo Sports awards for Japanese pro wrestling
- History of every Japanese MVP of the last 48 years
- The sad story of Jimmy Rave
- Kevin Owens signs new WWE deal and a look back at his career
- Update on WWE Day One PPV and notable business
- Why WWE Raw may be struggling badly over the next month
- Updates on ticket sales for all major WWE and AEW events
- Those who have worked for AEW at WWE tryouts this week
- AEW Winter is Coming Danielson vs. Page, which type of viewers grew the most, which didn't, the realities of the rating and the ratings patterns of pro wrestling the last seven weeks
- Thoughts on Jon Huber and his wife's story
- Thoughts on AEW potential additions
- International TV ratings
- The audience of all shows over the past week, what is the pattern across the board and why the pattern is something ratings or even 18-49s don't tell you
- Thoughts on two incredible matches on the same day and compare and contrast Danielson vs. Page and Takahashi vs. YOH
- The beginning of Flair vs. Sting and the dozens of matches before the famous one in Greensboro
- UFC 269, where things go from here for the key stars, one of the biggest upsets, business numbers and what stats UFC on TV was strongest in, plus fight-by-fight notes
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- The dark match from last night’s Raw had Becky Lynch defeat Bianca Belair and Liv Morgan in a triple threat match.
- An video that was posted on WWE’s social media had Io Shirai and Zoey Stark running into Legado Del Fantasma.
- Main Event for this week will have Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez vs. R-Truth and Akira Tozawa and Veer vs. T-Bar.
- Big E told The U.S. Sun that he thinks he has a few years left in his in-ring career after originally telling himself he wanted to be out of wrestling by 35. ”I’ve got a few more years left in me. I don’t really know when that time will be… but when you’re 23, 35 feels like it’s ages from now and that you’ll be an old man and beat up. So 35 felt like at the time a good time to get out and I don’t want to overstay my welcome. I was talking to one of our refs, Rod Zapata, and I’ve known him since I got to FCW - so I’ve known him for 12 years. We’ve talked about how I’d spoken about getting out at 35 but I think, in many ways, a lot of wrestlers' primes are like 35, 40… We’re seeing Bobby Lashley now having his best run in his mid-40s. We have so many guys now… Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Kofi Kingston, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler - so many guys in their 40s performing at such a high level. They look great and are ageing well. So, I don't know if I’m going to wrestle into my forties as I always told myself that I would make sure I was out before then, but my body feels great.”
- Drew McIntyre spoke to Daily Record about his recent run in the WWE.
- WWE’s YouTube page added The Miz vs. Tatanka from the September 1, 2006 edition of SmackDown, Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Rey Mysterio from WCW Starrcade 1996, and The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton from the May 30, 2002 edition of SmackDown.
- AEW has released their Road to Holiday Bash video, focusing on Sammy Guevara vs. Cody for the TNT Championship and Nyla Rose vs. Ruby Soho in a semifinal match in the TBS Women's title tournament.
- Tony Khan on Twitter regarding the Owen Hart Cup Tournament: “Tomorrow night on #AEWDynamite #HolidayBash LIVE on TNT @ 8ET/7CT/6MT/5PT we have a special video on the Owen Hart Cup Tournament including stars of multiple generations speaking about his legacy + footage of Owen wrestling in @njpw1972 & private home movies from Dr. Martha Hart!”
- Former WCW official and commentator David Crockett joined Tony Schiavone for a special edition of the AEW Dynamite Control Center.
- Sammy Guevara’s latest vlog.
- Pro Wrestling Tees recently sent out a physical letter to consumers regarding a recent data breach. They were informed on November 1 that “a small portion of our customers’ credit card numbers had been compromised. We immediately conducted an extensive investigation of our systems and concluded that a malware virus was the source of the breach.” They have said that they have removed the virus from their system and have provided free IDX identity protection services.
- Former New York Mets manager Bobby Valentine will appear at a ISPW GrandSLAM event on February 18 at St. Anthony’s Church Gym in Butler, New Jersey. Scotty 2 Hotty, returning to the ring, and Gene Snitsky will be at the show.
- Ian Riccaboni will call the ROH Championship match between Jonathan Gresham and Blake Christian on January 23 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
- Allie Katch vs. Kylie Rae has been added to GCW’s Say You Will event on January 15.
- Impact Wrestling is partnering with Serious Pizza in Dallas ahead of their Hard to Kill event on January 8.
- In an interview with Sportskeeda, former WWE star Jeet Rama talked about the portrayal of Indians in WWE: “WWE is a business at the end of the day. I can’t tell them to make business decisions around me. They are doing what they think is right from a business perspective. But why is it that you take any Indian WWE wrestler…why are they always made heels? Why are we only presented as villains? Why do they have to behave in such a manner that the audience there insults them and boos them?”
- Matches set for Jonathan Gresham’s Terminus promotion on January 16 in Atlanta include Jay Lethal vs. Lee Moriarty, Fred Yehi and Tracy Williams vs. Dante Caballero and Joe Keys, Jordynne Grace vs. Kiera Hogan, Moose vs. Alex Coughlin, and Janai Kai vs. Liiza Hall.
- Mauro Ranallo is celebrating a birthday today.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Jeff Jarrett wins USWA Southern title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today