- Raw ratings get a 10 percent increase for WWE Draft night two
- Joey Ryan files $10 million breach of contract lawsuit against Impact
- NJPW G1 Climax 30 night 15 results: Okada vs Ishii
- Ivelisse says she has signed with AEW
- WWE announces four post-draft free agent signings
- WWE Raw video highlights: Draft night two
- NJPW reveals full cards for NEVER episodes of Strong
- WWE announces final round of draft picks on Raw Talk
- Two matches, Elias concert set for WWE Raw season premiere
- WWE Draft 2020: Full list of night two picks, updated rosters
- WOL: Why the Raw and Smackdown Draft meant nothing for ratings 10/13
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: WCW Uncensored 1996 Doomsday Cage match 10/13
- WOR: RAW, DRAFT update, G-1, tons more! 10/13
A look at how WWE & AEW are handling things like the reopening of Florida, and how Texas looks to be the place MMA companies will go to as far as putting fans in buildings is the lead story in the new issue of the Observer.
We look at the current planned date and place for WrestleMania, what sports are now allowed to do as far as live events in Florida, AEW's current plans going forward and the new regulations in Texas.
The new issue also covers:
The Samantha Tavel lawsuit against WWE, Matt Riddle, Evolve and Gabe Sapolsky. We look at the claims and look at both sides of the story and stories that have changed. We also look at the strategy of involving WWE i the case, WWE responds to the suit, and go through the time lines and how they differ and wording of the suit. We also go through the background of the case.
History of the non-relationship of NJPW and AEW. We look at how it started, why there was heat, how the ouster of Howard Meij could change things, as well as why there were so many mentions of NJPW on this past week's AEW show. We look at what happened in January 2019 that caused issues between the two sides, the issues with how talent was handled on the way out, and what would be the first sign if relations started opening up.
G-1 tournament. We go through what style of wrestlers have been helped and hurt by the current no-cheer, no-boo environment, who has been able to get a reaction, the standings, this week's matches, plans for the rest of the year in New Japan, plus coverage with star ratings and poll results from every show.
NXT Takeover, the show background, match-by-match coverage and poll results on the show.
Updates on the sports rights fees business and where wrestling fits in, Paige's tweet about unions, Stephanie McMahon gets major praise, new member of WWE Board of Directors, Drew McIntyre vs. Tyson Fury update, one year anniversary of Smackdown on FOX, more on John Cena's debut in Fast & Furious, new season of Miz & Mrs. and the time slot, Angel Garza injury update, new A&E specials on pro wrestlers coming next year, more WWE injuries, WWE UK direction, wrestling placings in sports ratings and UK rating s for WWE & AEW, Jack Gallagher talks his being released, college heavyweight wants to be managed by Pual Heyman, Miz working on a new television show, WWE new developmental signings, WWE injury updates, WWE market value and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
This past Saturday's UFC show.
Bushiroad's attempt at a major Stardom show this past week.
Rundown of charting the place-winners in the key Observer awards and how it relates to the Hall of Fame.
A feature on the team of Penny Banner & Lorraine Johnson, who were known for decades as being the greatest women's tag team in pro wrestling with the death this past week of Johnson.
What sports events did the best in viewers per home while talking about AEW setting its company record in that category this week.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Though it was advertised for last night’s Raw, the segment where Mustafa Ali was supposed to speak for the first time since being revealed as the leader of RETRIBUTION didn’t take place. It was removed from the Raw preview before the start of last night’s show. RETRIBUTION didn’t appear last night but were drafted to Raw. Ali tweeted today: “I’ve waited years to speak my truth. Now, you are going to wait to hear it.” He also wrote in response to someone about the segment: “Do you not like it when something is promised and then taken away with no explanation? Funny feeling, isn’t it?”
- Ali, T-Bar (Dominik Dijakovic), Mace (Dio Maddin), Reckoning (Mia Yim), and Slapjack (Shane Thorne) were the RETRIBUTION members drafted to Raw last night. Mercedes Martinez wasn’t drafted and appears to no longer be part of the group.
- Natalya had one of her teeth knocked out during the number one contender’s battle royal on Raw last night: “Such a whirlwind of emotions tonight on #WWERaw ~ One thing I know for sure, @LaceyEvansWWE strikes are NO joke!! She’s a bad ass...knocked my tooth out...but I still eliminated her in the match! So there’s that!”
- AEW’s Miro tweeted about his wife Lana winning the battle royal: “Rocky was a jobber once as well! Long live the underdog #AMERICA”
- After Andrade tweeted “Thank you/ Gracias” today, Charlotte Flair clarified that he was thanking Zelina Vega. Andrade went undrafted in the WWE Draft and WWE hasn’t announced which brand he’s going to be on yet, while Vega has joined the SmackDown roster as a free agent signing.
- WWE uploaded a post-Raw video where Tom Phillips conducted a side-by-side interview with Braun Strowman and Keith Lee. Strowman and Lee will face off on next week’s season premiere episode of Raw.
- Last Friday’s WWE Draft night one edition of SmackDown averaged 2.178 million viewers in the final ratings, up from the overnight number of 2.087 million viewers.
- Otis, Bubba Ray Dudley, actor Joel McHale, and NASCAR’s Daniel Suarez have been announced as guests for tomorrow morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- Sports Illustrated interviewed Aleister Black ahead of last night’s Raw.
- WWE sent the Los Angeles Lakers a custom title belt for winning this year’s NBA championship.
- Every Hell in a Cell PPV is now available on the free version of the WWE Network for a limited time.
- WWE celebrated their YouTube channel reaching the milestone of 50 billion views.
- AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton from WrestleMania 35, Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship from Hell in a Cell 2017, and Nikki Bella vs. Carmella from No Mercy 2016 were today’s free matches uploaded to WWE’s YouTube channel.
- Britt Baker spoke to Uproxx about some fans wanting AEW’s women’s division to get more TV time: “Yeah, I definitely think it’s something the company is working on. You know, and we got hit hard -- our women’s division, because of the COVID outbreak. Half our roster is international talent, so we immediately didn’t have access to any of those women. Then Kris Statlander got hurt, and I got hurt. And there’s only so much time on AEW Dynamite to start with. And I know there are plans to grow the women’s division, but at the same time we need help from the fans at home too! We can’t have the women’s segments being the lowest rated or the lowest views each week. Because at the end of the day it’s a business, and AEW needs ratings. It’s no secret we’re in a war every Wednesday night with NXT, so we need the ratings up. So for the fans that are so encouraging and saying ‘We want more women, we want more women!’ that’s great, but please don’t turn the channel when the women are on TV then! We want everybody to be watching the segments and cheering us on from home.”
- In an interview with Asbury Park Press, Cody said he doesn’t see AEW ever doing a full-scale joint-promoted show with another wrestling promotion: “I think you’ll never see a full-scale, like, joint-promoted show (between AEW and another promotion). We have too much pride in our individual brand. But in terms of the relationships, we’re never closing the doors and we’re never going to pull up the bridges. I laughed when I heard people talking about a working relationship with New Japan because clearly it already exists -- Jon Moxley has been on New Japan, Chris Jericho has been on New Japan. It already exists, the working relationship. The NWA (owner) Billy (Corgan) and Tony Khan are in contact, Thunder Rosa’s the prime example of that. ... I loved seeing Tanahashi on TV last week. He’s somebody I really wanted to get in the ring with one time as far as singles and never got the opportunity -- and who knows? That might be something that can happen in the future. But our doors are open, our bridges are down.”
- Orange Cassidy doesn’t plan on doing a lock-up with Cody during their TNT Championship match on this week’s Dynamite.
- Chris Van Vliet has an interview with Chris Jericho.
- Matt Taven returned from injury on this week’s episode of ROH TV and was revealed to be the person ROH’s “Follow The Trend” videos were for.
- Sports Illustrated interviewed Impact X-Division Champion Rohit Raju.
- Lio Rush posted a list of opponents he wants to face.
- Gerald Brisco is joining Conrad Thompson’s Ad Free Shows and will host Monday Mailbag with Gerald Brisco.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Money Inc. win WWF Tag Team titles
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today