- WWE SmackDown draws under 900k viewers for one-week shift to FS1
- VIDEO: Being The Elite - Dark Order Halloween party
- Fifteen matches set for this week's AEW Dark
- Marty Scurll currently without a role in Ring of Honor
- Eddie Kingston vs. Matt Sydal announced for AEW Dynamite
- Abadon vs. Tay Conti not airing on Wednesday's AEW Dynamite
- WWE NXT's Brendan Vink gets new in-ring name
- WWE's ThunderDome run in Orlando expected to end in late-November
- WOL: Hell in a Call fallout, feedback and more! 10/26
- WOR: WWE Hell in a Cell recap, Bound for Glory news, Daniel Bryan 10/26
- B&V: WWE Hell in a Cell 2020 10/25
We've got a G1 special on the Observer with the deepest look at the tournament anywhere. G1 MVP, G1 best match, G1 history notes, polls on the last three nights, the story behind Kota Ibushi's win and much more in a new double issue of the Observer.
The business decline that was unavoidable, the difference in wrestling with fans who are not supposed to cheer and boo and who does the best with it, the ups and downs of the different wrestlers, who improved the most from last year, lots of G1 records, Power Struggle notes, a breakdown of every wrestler in the tournament and how they did in the ring this year as compared to last year, who were the best at carrying opponents, who had the best matches, how this year's match quality compared to last year, just how great this year's A block shows were, New Japan's U.S. popularity and which wrestlers have had the best in-ring tournaments in recent years.
Also in this issue:
Harold Meij's final day in charge of New Japan and key issues with his legacy, Tokyo Dome updates, and how the last days went down.
Things going on behind-the-scenes with President Trump that may be done that would help Vince McMahon and Dana White, Andrew Yang talks wrestlers as independent contractors and what he plans to do about it, Orange County Department of Health looking at COVID spreading in buildings that house WWE and MLW, and WWE's statement.
What is and isn't misleading and looking at WWE COVID numbers, we preview Hell in a Cell, note a mandatory conference all WWE talent has to attend this week, WWE getting an award looked at, WWE signing, why the plight of independent wrestlers is so different from before, WWE Network November theme, WWE star nominated for a movie award and new WWE Network deals.
Wrestling ratings compared to other sports, Canadian & U.K. ratings, Mike Bennett talks the problems in communication in WWE, Sami Zayn talks the ladder match, WWE market value and the most watched shows last week on the WWE Network.
Brian Ortega vs. The Korean Zombie with full coverage of Saturday's UFC event,.
The surprising thing that matters far more than most gave it credit for when it comes to viewing wrestling shows.
Ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight to talk Raw, preview Wednesday, what the Smackdown numbers both do and don't tell us, as well as taking your questions that you can send to email@example.com. We're also looking for your thoughts on Hell in a Cell, Bound for Glory and UFC 254, thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match from each show to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announced for Raw tonight is Randy Orton on A Moment of Bliss, Drew McIntyre opening the show with an interview, plus qualifying matches for Team Raw in the Survivor Series with Jeff Hardy vs. A.J. Styles, Sheamus vs. Matt Riddle and Elias vs. Keith Lee. Raw tonight goes against the Los Angeles Rams vs. Chicago Bears. Tonight's show will have the first news of Survivor Series plans, and obviously there is a Raw vs. Smackdown elimination match. There was talk last week of a Raw champion vs. Smackdown champion match as Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns but that doesn't look like it's happening given Randy Orton beat McIntyre.
AAA announced today that Kenny Omega would defend the AAA heavyweight title against Laredo Kid at TripleMania. The hope is for the show to be held outdoors at Arena Ciudad in Mexico City but like everything, nothing is certain and no date was announced but they would like it for December. AAA also announced its Marvel Comic deal where Marvel will sponsor masked characters that it owns as pro wrestlers, which the plan is to debut at TripleMania, with Spiderman, Captain America, Thanos and Vernom. They also announced Chessman vs. Pagano in a hair vs hair match.
An update on the WWE and running Orlando. According to WWE officials, there is no out date. The contract expires with the Raw after Survivor Series but they are in talks for a longer stay. There are also talks regarding alternative plans. Really there are so many different things in play that anything about anything is almost like a short in the dark. I believe the company would rather stay in Florida but if/when the NBA starts its next season, then WWE won't be able to have residency in any NBA arena, so they will need a huge arena with no major sports teams, pro or college (figuring college basketball plays this year and that also may not happen). Essentially if you're running a sports organization, there's nothing for sure more than a few weeks in advance. "We are evaluating options for ThunderDome's location after out stay at Amway concludes (which the exact date is TBD)." As of right now, the NBA is looking at a 12/22 start with games played in the home cities rather than the bubble, but perhaps without fans. That would seem to mean WWE would have to be out of the building before that period at the very latest. The NHL is looking at 1/1 to start a full season
Bellator runs on Thursday on CBS Sports Network, which is the show Jake Hager is on. I believe Hager will be on Dynamite the night before because that show was taped on Thursday. Hager will face Brandon Colton (2-0) in a match that will not air on television but instead air on the Bellator web site probably around 7:30 p.m. Eastern Thursday night. dam Borics and Nick Newell are also among those fighting in the streaming prelims.
Bellator's scheduled TV fights on CBS Sports Network at 8 p.m. Eastern (remember that's 5 p.m. on the West Coast as no more staggered feed) are
- Veta Arteaga vs. Desire Yanaz
- Henry Corrales vs. Brandon Girtz
- Douglas Lima vs. Gegard Mousasi for the vacant middleweight title
These are the Wednesday wrestling lineups. NXT has Halloween Havoc:
- Io Shirai vs. Candice LeRae for women's title in a spin the wheel make the deal match
- Damien Priest vs. Johnny Gargano for the North American title in a spin the wheel make the deal match
- Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Gonzalez
- Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis in a Haunted House of Terror match
- Adam Page vs. Wardlow in the world title challenge tournament semifinal
- Kenny Omega vs. Penta Cero M in the world title challenge tournament semifinal
- Cody vs. Orange Cassidy in a lumberjack match for the TNT title
- Matt Sydal vs. Eddie Kingston
- Town Hall meeting with The Inner Circle and MJF
Dwayne Johnson suffered a cut on the side of the left eye when training using chains and a chain caught him. It looks like he'll be needing stitches for that one. He posted a photo on his Instagram account.
- Lilian Garcia's first podcast guest of her new show on the WWE Network is Braun Strowman. Corey Graves interviews The Undertaker on Wednesday on the WWE network.
- The commercial for Survivor Series being a tribute to Undertaker. (thanks to WWE)
- Jared Cannonier suffered a broken left arm in his loss to Robert Whittaker on Saturday night.
- Chase Hooper vs. Peter Barrett is scheduled for the 12/12 PPV show.
- Debuting on Dark tomorrow night is Leyla Hirsch, who has worked in Stardom and will face Hikaru Shida. The show features Peter Avalon vs. Brandon Cutler where there must be a winner match.
- Joe Black, a Toronto wrestling photographer from decades ago in the Whipper Watson and Sheik days, has passed away at the age of 94.
- Suplex Wrestling from Saturday night in Newcastle, Australia: Miles Malice won Battle Royal, Matthias Clock b Ox King, Eric Fisher b The Brawler-DQ, Craven b Xero, Lee Morrow b Gatt, Matt Gauge & Miles Malice b Alex Irvine & Nate Carlos to win tag titles, JB Hazzard b Jackson Spade in a street fight. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- CWE tonight in Grande Prairie, Alberta at the jackpot Grill Events Center.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Guerrero vs. Mysterio at WCW Halloween Havoc 1997
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today