- Anthony Henry reportedly signs with WWE
- WWE SmackDown draws second-highest ratings since November
- Tony Khan explains origins of AEW-Impact relationship
- Renee Paquette, AEW's Tony Khan reveal Jon Moxley is writing a book
- Omega appearance, Sting/Darby Allin segment set for AEW Dynamite
- NJPW Road to The New Beginning results: Six-man tag main event
- WWE Raw video highlights: Randy Orton addresses fireball attack
- Lio Rush to make NJPW Strong debut in six-man tag match
- Alexa Bliss set for WWE women's Royal Rumble match
- WOL: RAW review, WCW 2000, your feedback and more! 1/19
- WOR: Wretched Raw, AEW vs. NXT, Koloff vs. Sammartino, more! 1/19
- F4D: Mountain Dew Major Melons Song Contest, Smackdown, New Japan Strong, WALTER vs. A-Kid! 1/18
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
WON NEWSLETTER: January 18, 2021 Observer Newsletter: The COVID-19 era continues
We have an update with more info on a number of COVID cases involving pro wrestling including more on Chris Jericho, Nick Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Mick Foley, Les Thatcher and more. We look at what Paul Levesque said about the COVID issue, Jericho talking about getting it in September, Nick Jackson, and more on others in the industry.
Also in this issue:
We also have our 2020 Business Year in Review issue talking about the biggest crowds, the biggest PPVs, how the year was totally different from any other, UFC business history and more.
Every major promotion, why this year is so hard to evaluate, what you can't learn from the past year and can, how things look going into the new year, and issues going forward for every company.
Raw, Smackdown AEW and NXT and compare how they are doing now with one year ago, and where things will be in one year if the current direction doesn't change.
How much money Linda McMahon donated to Trump's re-election and funding of the recent attempt to take over the capitol.
Royal Rumble update, how much money top stars can earn from doing social media advertising, Update on WWE's new A&E documentaries for this year, biggest Wednesday drawing card, more on the next TV special for India, new stars from India debuting including two giants, Dusty Rhodes tag tourney news, the next Takeover show, Injury updates, Lita talks about when she was threatened with being fired, Ricochet contract notes, U.S. sports ratings, U.K. and Canadian TV ratings, New NXT stars, movie star teases working with WWE, Upcoming WWE television shows WWE market value and the most-watched shows on the WWE Network.
Vince McMahon's lawsuit against Oliver Luck and Luck's lawsuit against Vince McMahon. We look at McMahon's complaints as well as what others involved said including some day-by-day looks at aspects of the XFL and its death.
How COVID has changed Japanese wrestling along with new restrictions and what they mean and how they relate to wrestling and the New Japan big show lineup over the next several weeks.
List of the 20 biggest crowds for pro wrestling ever in the country of Canada and notes about business peaks.
Rundowns of the major television shows.
Television ratings of the past week, including segment-by-segment numbers for the past two weeks on Wednesday, who was watching in different age groups, how different segments did on Raw & Smackdown and more.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE released the trailer for their “My Way: The Life & Legacy of Pat Patterson” documentary. The documentary premieres on the WWE Network this Sunday.
- Mercedes Martinez spoke to PWInsider about departing RETRIBUTION and returning to NXT: “I was given an opportunity, and I took the opportunity not knowing what the outcome would be, you got to make the best with anything you can, but I think when that opportunity came, it just wasn’t for me. When you hit the pinnacle of your career, as I did, hitting 20 years, you want to make the most of your career, and make it part of a legacy...I just think being part of that group, it’s not hidden fact that it was me, I don’t hide the fact, I don’t mention it, only because it was just a small part of what the bigger picture is. It’s kind of one of those things where it’s, 'this is where Mercedes is, but maybe it doesn’t fit the mold, doesn’t fit her career.' It was no hard feelings, I just think we both had two different plans, I wanted one thing to go one way, and they had a different outlook. I wish them success, to all those part of the group, and I wish them the best.”
- Gillberg made an appearance on Raw last night during a Dirt Sheet segment with The Miz and John Morrison. It had been advertised earlier in the show that Goldberg would be Miz and Morrison’s guest. Actor David Krumholtz also appeared on the segment as a Drew McIntyre impersonator. Krumholtz wrote about his appearance: “You’re gosh darn right I was on the @wwe tonight. Thanks to all those who made this happen, specifically [Christine Lubrano].” Lubrano joined WWE as the company’s new Senior Vice President of Creative Writing Operations earlier this month.
- Rey Mysterio, Booker T, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode, and Chad Gable have been announced as guests for tomorrow morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- Roman Reigns told Fox Sports that he thinks facing The Rock at WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles in 2023 is a matchup that makes sense.
- Charly Caruso will be one of the hosts of ESPN’s First Take, Her Take podcast. Caruso will host the show with Kimberley A. Martin and Chiney Ogwumike.
- Timothy Thatcher spoke to Sports Illustrated ahead of his Fight Pit match against Tommaso Ciampa on tomorrow’s NXT.
- R-Truth turns 49 years old today.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch for the Divas Championship from Royal Rumble 2016, Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels from the January 29, 2010 episode of SmackDown, and Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Championship from Royal Rumble 2006.
- Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & The Soldiers of Savagery) vs. The Foundation (Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham & Tracy Williams) in a six-man tag match and Dalton Castle vs. Josh Woods in a Pure Rules match are set for the next episode of ROH TV. The episode debuts on local affiliates this weekend.
- Castle has filed a trademark for his in-ring name.
- On today’s edition of ROH Week By Week, Joe Keys won a gauntlet match between ROH Dojo students for a shot at Gresham’s ROH Pure Championship.
- In an angle on the latest episode of ROH TV, it was announced that Flip Gordon has been suspended from the Pure Championship division after punching Rhett Titus in the face and not following the rules of the division.
- Here are the latest ROH rankings:
- World Championship division --
- Shane Taylor
- Brody King
- Matt Taven
- Mark Haskins
- Jay Briscoe
- Television Championship division --
- Tony Deppen
- Dak Draper
- Kenny King
- Pure Championship division --
- Tracy Williams
- Josh Woods
- Joe Keys
- Rhett Titus
- Fred Yehi
- While speaking with Chris Van Vliet, ODB revealed that she’s returning to Impact Wrestling.
- Van Vliet also interviewed Renee Paquette.
- In an interview with TV Insider, Kenny Omega spoke about working with Impact Wrestling: “I went to Impact, [Lucha Libre] AAA [Worldwide] and back to AEW, so I have been able to see three different rosters—all incredibly talented, regardless of what fans say is the best. As a performer, I’d love to work with each and every one of them. It’s exciting that we’ve blown the doors wide open and there are all these potential opponents. I just hope as we present these new matches, the fans enjoy watching them as [much as] we enjoy performing them.”
- Omega also responded to a question from TV Insider about the goals he has for AEW in 2021 and if the women’s division will get more TV time: “I think we are taking baby steps. We have hungry performers who are passionate about getting a chance to do their best. Passion speaks to me more than the performance of a maneuver, and right now, our women are really chomping at the bit to get these TV spots. They’re all training hard. Our roster keeps getting better. [No one has] lost their passion. They are still striving for that big goal, which is for the women’s division to get more time. I’ll have the biggest smile on my face the day we get it. I know we will.”
- AEW has filed a trademark for “Too Sweet.”
- Leyla Hirsch tweeted about her match against Penelope Ford on tomorrow’s Dynamite: “It’s funny how things work. In February 2018 I made my CZW debut against Penelope. She was my first big match. Now 3 years later I get to face her again but on a much bigger platform. Excited to step in the ring with her and show her that my grind is LEGITimate! #AEW #AEWonTNT”
- Danny Limelight told Wrestling Inc about appearing on both AEW programming and New Japan Strong: “I think for AEW, I'm the only one that you'll see me for New Japan Strong and AEW, but I know that with Impact, you got Chris Bey [and] you got TJP. They're hopping back and forth between Impact and New Japan, and with the Ring of Honor guys, you got Brody King hopping back and forth. So it's a few of us that are doing New Japan Strong and a few other shows, but definitely, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one from AEW, so that's kind of cool.”
- Today is Wardlow’s 33rd birthday.
- Simon Gotch vs. Jordan Oliver has been added to this week’s MLW Fusion.
- MLW has released a Septimo Dragon T-shirt with proceeds going directly to Septimo Dragon as he recovers from a hit-and-run accident.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Ric Flair wins WWF title in 1992 Royal Rumble
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today