- WWE NXT ratings up from last week
- Mickie James 'State of the Knockouts' address, JONAH, Chris Bey set for Impact
- Report: Frankie Kazarian re-signs with AEW
- Wrld on GCW was promotion's most successful ever pay-per-view on FITE
- MJF, Wardlow to appear on AEW Dynamite Beach Break
- Ring of Honor launching Hall of Fame, four inductees to be announced
- WWE NXT video highlights: Tommaso Ciampa returns
- Wrestling Observer Live: WWE sale?, AEW Beach Break, NXT 2.0, tons more!
- Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show: RAW episode 10, an all-time horror, plus Granny!
- Speak Now: Here's what is going on with NXT 2.0
- We're Live, Pal: Ronda Rousey, Royal Rumble, The Wrld on GCW
Job Listing: Wikipedia guru
Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 24, 2022 Observer Newsletter: WWE & AEW Q4 numbers, WWE Toronto Star article quote
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter Back Issue: December 20, 2004 Observer Newsletter: Brock Lesnar returning to wrestling, WWE Armageddon review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Edge talked to Sports Illustrated about his recent storyline, teaming with wife Beth Phoenix in a feud with The Miz and Maryse. We never thought this would be a possibility,” Edge said. “I was forced to retire [in 2011]. A year later, Beth retired. Then we started having kids. Coming back to wrestling was never on the docket for me, let alone come back and be asked, ‘What do you think about teaming together for a month? We’re having so much fun. Riding together, flying together. That’s the only part of the job that can be unenjoyable at times, but when you have your best friend next to you, it’s a lot more fun.”
- Roman Reigns also spoke to Sports Illustrated on his recent battle with COVID-19 that kept him off the Day 1 pay-per-view earlier this month. “For me, obviously in comparison to some of the worst scenarios that are out there and that we’ve seen through the pandemic, it wasn’t bad. For me, it was mainly a pretty good sinus infection, a bronchitis cough, a lot of chest tightness. I still feel that actually. When I’m doing my conditioning because we don’t wrestle quite as much and we’re doing a lot of six-man [tag team matches], I don’t have singles matches as much as I used to, so I have to continue to really push the conditioning on my own and I’ve noticed in the past couple of weeks that when I really blow myself up on the bike or running, or whatever I’m doing, I can feel that tightness and a little bit of wheezing. So it’s definitely something serious. As someone who is vaccinated and boosted, it still got to me and I still felt the effects. While they weren’t as severe as they can be for some, it did hang around and linger for a while.”
- The new date for the WWE/Cathrine Alexander trial is set for 9/26. Alexander is a tattoo artist suing WWE over Randy Orton’s appearance in the WWE 2K video game series, saying that she never gave permission for her work to be used in the game.
- Saurav Gurjar made his return to NXT last night, aligning himself with Grayson Waller and going under the name Sanga.
- Seth Rollins spoke to talkSPORT about his recent Mox namedrop during a promo between himself and Roman Reigns. “I’m not going to sit here and ignore that history, I’m going to bring that up because I think that’s important. And I think people who care about that appreciate it. It’s one of those things where it was on the tip of my tongue, it made sense, so it came.”
- WWE’s latest trademarks include the terms “The Queen” and “Sudu Sudah”.
- WWE Music Group has released a soundtrack for NXT 2.0 called “As Close As It Gets”, which is out now on Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube.
- Booker T on his Hall of Fame podcast talked about Mustafa Ali requesting his release from WWE. “This is entertainment, this is not reality TV,” he said. “The embellishment is to be between the actors and the writers, and if you come in with an idea, it might not be something they want to do with you. The company is going to be run the way they want to be run. They aren’t going to run the way you want it. Therefore, if that happens, boom, move on and get out.” Ali reportedly had his request to be released denied by WWE.
- Free matches added to WWE’s YouTube today include the WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal from the WrestleMania 35 kickoff show, Finn Balor vs. Ilja Dragunov from WWE Worlds Collide 2020, and Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns from WWE Royal Rumble 2021.
- This week’s Road to AEW show, focusing on the Adam Cole vs. Orange Cassidy lights out match, the TNT title unification ladder match, and the six man tag with 2point0 and Daniel Garcia vs. Chris Jericho and the team of Santana & Ortiz.
- Malakai Black was a guest on this week’s Wrasslin podcast.
- Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly are the guests on this week’s Talk is Jericho podcast.
- Marko Stunt wrote on Twitter that he is taking indie bookings.
- Chris Van Vliet interviewed Wardlow.
- GCW owner Brett Lauderdale on Twitter: “Sunday was a smash hit business wise for gcw. All records shattered and its not even close. But im not happy at all. Feel like I let a lot of people down. Got played and I shoulda known better. Big time learning experience. Gonna work harder than ever to get a 2nd chance.”
- Biff Busick has been added to C4’s Fantastic Voyage event on March 25.
- A new 10/31 date has been set for the lawsuit Jerry Lawler filed against Hardeman County, Tennessee over the death of his son, Brian Lawler aka Grandmaster Sexay.
- MLW has uploaded their first chapter of All Access featuring Jacob Fatu.
- Trish Stratus is a guest on this week’s The Bellas Podcast.