- SmackDown ratings increase slightly with a post-PPV bump
- Ronda Rousey returning to the UFC in December
- Alberto Del Rio on allegedly being stabbed, working for TNA & ROH
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: AJ Styles vs. James Ellsworth
- James Ellsworth to challenge AJ Styles for his title on SmackDown next week
- Alberto Del Rio appointed as president of Combate Americas
- WWE: 'Paige tested positive for an illegal substance'
- WOL: Ronda Rousey returns, Del Rio and Paige, Shawn Daivari interview! 10/12
- B&V&C: Retro Raw and Nitro with DX debut, road to Montreal 1997, more! 10/11
Figure Four Weekly 10/4/2016: Comparing ECW to TNA - With its constant scrambling for money, TNA is starting to resemble a much more beloved promotion: ECW. While ECW was not entirely solvent going back to at least 1999, when stories of bounced checks were hitting the wrestling newsletters, the situation got especially dire in the last year or so of the company's existence. After shutting down in January 2001, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 4th... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
F4W YouTube Page: Tons of clips and full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Oct 10, 2016: The saga of TNA continues, Goldberg rumors, more - Exactly who funded the Bound for Glory PPV and tapings this week? TNA President Billy Corgan did media interviews during the week and couldn’t give a direct answer as to whether the tapings would take place... Bill Goldberg will be appearing on 10/5 on ESPN SportsCenter and clips were shown during Raw of Goldberg battling Brock Lesnar in ads for the WWE 2K 17 game. This is not coincidental because as things stand right now, Goldberg will face Brock Lesnar in a singles match as the big match at the 2016 Survivor Series on 11/20 in Toronto... Sasha Banks’ WWE Raw women’s title win over Charlotte, positioned as the main event and focal point of the 10/3 Raw in Los Angeles, was done to set the two up in the WWE’s first-ever women’s Hell in a Cell match. The show will take place on 10/30 at the TD Garden in Boston, on a show that will have two Cell matches... Subscribers click hereto continue reading.
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON BACK ISSUE:,WON September 20, 1999: Eric Bischoff fired from WCW, Beyond the Mat review, more - Although wrestlers were singing "Ding, Dong, the Witch is dead," Friday night in Baltimore, when the word of Eric Bischoff's re-assignment within Turner (read that as a nice way of saying firing) reached the wrestlers, once the initial happiness wore off and reality set in, the reality is little has changed... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
Wednesday News Update
- Brock Lesnar will make his return to WWE television on the October 24th edition of Raw from the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN.
- On last night’s SmackDown, Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan proposed three traditional Survivor Series elimination tag team matches pitting SmackDown against Raw at the upcoming November pay-per-view. The matches would feature the best of the brand’s men’s, women’s and tag team divisions against each other.
- Shinsuke Nakamura will defend his NXT Championship against Samoa Joe in a cage match at NXT’s live event in Melbourne, Australia on December 8th.
- Mick Foley tweeted to Paige about her suspension: “Thinking of you @RealPaigeWWE and a song I've loved since I was 7 - 'Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day.'" Alicia Fox also tweeted a message of support.
- Rusev is lobbying for his WWE 2K17 rating to be increased.
- Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa have moved in together.
- Tonight’s episode of NXT will feature the debut of SAnitY on TV. The team will take on Bobby Roode and Tye Dillinger in a first round Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament match.
- SmackDown tag champs Heath Slater and Rhyno were Michael Cole’s guests on this week’s edition of the WWE.com sit-down interview series.
- AJ Styles was interviewed by ESPN about the success he’s had in WWE.
- Michael Elgin posted a video update on his injury status after suffering a fractured orbital bone at NJPW’s King of Pro Wrestling earlier this week. He confirmed that he will need surgery, but vowed to get his IWGP Intercontinental Championship back. Elgin is scheduled to challenge Tetsuya Naito in the main event of Power Struggle on November 5th.
- The UFC released the poster for UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey.
- In addition to breaking the news of Ronda Rousey’s return, Dana White indicated on the Colin Cowherd show today that CM Punk probably wouldn't continue to fight in the UFC.
- White also appeared on FS1's Speak for Yourself and said he didn't know if Cris Cyborg would be Ronda Rousey's next opponent if she is victorious against Amanda Nunes, but said that the fight would eventually happen if Rousey wins her return fight. On the show, White was asked about former NFL defensive lineman Greg Hardy's transition to MMA.
- Jose Aldo will meet with UFC management in Las Vegas to discuss terminating his contract and his status with the company.
- Alberto Del Rio discussed his new role as president of Combate Americas.
- In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Maria Kanellis-Bennett responded to unearthed footage of Donald Trump firing her from Celebrity Apprentice for “locker room” comments. She was also interviewed by the Providence Journal and Newsweek.
- Bret Hart made a surprise appearance at an Inside the Ropes event with Jim Ross and Jim Cornette.
Today in Wrestling History (10/10): Bret Hart defeats Ric Flair to win his first WWF World Title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com