- Kevin Owens on headlining WWE WrestleMania: 'It's all downhill from here, really'
- Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss added to WWE WrestleMania Backlash
- Jonathan Gresham off Impact Rebellion PPV, new match set
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Lumberjack match
- WWE SmackDown spoilers: Drew McIntyre vs. Sami Zayn steel cage match
- Wrestling Observer Radio: The Forbidden Door
- Speak Now: Best of AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown this week
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: AEW & NJPW announce joint show, Windy City Riot review
- The new issue of the Observer has these stories:
- Forbidden Door PPV and the history of NJPW and AEW going from a cold relationship to running a joint show
- Match of the Week/Performer of the Week
- What people thought of NJPW Windy City Riot
- Part one of looking at February & March business and comparisons with one year ago
- Windy City Riot, the good, the bad and the technical issues
- WrestleMania Backlash and early notes on WWE's summer stadium shows
- Saturday's UFC show
- What arena has had more great matches than any other and its 60th anniversary
- Television wrestling viewing over the past week, including comparisons with other sports, head-to-head competition, who watches
- CMLL Universal title tournament
- Stardom Cinderella tournament
- All Japan Champion Carnival tournament
- Update on Kota Ibushi
- Are streaming services plateauing?
- Notes on the biggest indie shows of the past week
- AEW video game news
- Ticket updates and sales for WWE & AEW shows over the next month plus
- International TV ratings
- Dana White talking major fight this summer he's working on
- Coverage of Bellator's biggest show of the year and this week' doubleheader
- How much fighters actually weigh getting into the cage vs. weigh-ins
- Fight of the year talk
- Notes on Kushida leaving WWE
- How WWE first came up with the developmental system and the idea behind it
- Paul Levesque talks developmental
- Steve Austin talks doing future big shows
- Streaming numbers
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter: March 21, 2005 Observer Newsletter: Raw leaving Spike TV, TNA Destination X review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Saturday News Update
- The Detroit News has a story on Scott Steiner, his career, and The Steiner Brothers' WWE Hall of Fame induction. Scott spoke about making peace with WWE: “You've gotta let it go, you can't harbor all the bad feelings. You've gotta grow up.”
- Against the NBA playoffs, last night’s SmackDown averaged 1.805 million viewers in the fast national ratings, down from the 2.05 million the show averaged in the fast nationals last week. The rating in the 18-49 demo was a 0.4.
- Xia Li turned heel in a promo that aired on SmackDown last night.
- Triple H congratulated Randy Orton on Monday being the 20th anniversary of his WWE TV debut: Only a few actually make it to the very, very top of @WWE, almost no one can do it for 20 years. I’ve had the honor of watching @RandyOrton do just that; and become the star, the performer, the leader, the man and the father I always knew he would. Congrats on 20 years, Randy!
- Orton responded to Triple H: “I know it took some patience with me in the beginning but thank you for not giving up on me. I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor. Everyone that crosses paths with you in this business is better for it, whether it’s inside the ring or out. Thank YOU”
- Orton reacted to his greatest moments from his 20 years in WWE.
- WWE also posted a Supercut video of 100 RKOs out of nowhere.
- Today is John Cena’s 45th birthday. T-Bar also turns 35 years old today.
- Big E is guest starring on Thursday’s episode of “Side Hustle” on Nickelodeon.
- Happy Corbin, Natalya & Shayna Baszler, and Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods were interviewed on Talking Smack this week.
- Kevin Owens appeared on this week’s episode of WWE After the Bell.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels from the April 23, 2007 episode of Raw, Rey Mysterio & RVD vs. The Dudley Boyz from Judgment Day 2004, and Beth Phoenix vs. Nikki Bella in a Divas Championship lumberjill match from the April 23, 2012 episode of Raw.
- Impact Wrestling announced that tickets to tonight’s Rebellion PPV have sold out. The PPV is being held at the MJN Convention Center in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Darius Martin tweeted about the leg injury that he’s dealing with: “What I’m currently dealing with had NOTHING to do with wrestling but I’m glad everyone else out there seems to know more about my health than I do”
- Britt Baker turns 31 years old today, Jamie Hayter turns 27, and Impact World Champion Moose turns 38.
- Andscape interviewed Jade Cargill.
- Dasha Gonzalez was the guest on this week’s edition of AEW Unrestricted.
- NJPW president Takami Ohbari helped save a little girl who fell between a train and the platform at a train station.
- Maria Kanellis-Bennett and Bobby Cruise issued a press release officially announcing their Women’s Wrestling Army promotion.
- Alex Shelley vs. Ricky Morton is set for Prestige Wrestling’s show at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, May 28.