- Elimination Chamber qualifiers, two more matches set for WWE Raw
- VIDEO: Kenny Omega countdown clock begins on Being the Elite
- WWE Royal Rumble fallout videos: Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, more
- Seth Rollins wins 2019 men's Royal Rumble match
- Erick Rowan returns at WWE Royal Rumble
- WWE Royal Rumble: Men's entrant order and eliminations
- Becky Lynch wins 2019 women's Royal Rumble match
- WWE Royal Rumble: Women's entrant order and eliminations
- WOL: Royal Rumble fallout and feedback! 1/28
- WOR: Royal Rumble 2019 recap plus tons of news! 1/28
- B&V: Royal Rumble 2019 recap show! 1/27
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: AEW roster starts to take shape
Plans for All Elite Wrestling started to come into focus at a rally in Jacksonville, Florida last Tuesday. A surprise appearance by Chris Jericho closed the event, with Jericho instantly becoming the highest profile signing AEW has made in its brief history. "I'm Chris Jericho, and I am all in with All Elite Wrestling," Jericho said to begin his speech. "Surprise -- I think we just took things to a different level, didn't we?" Jericho said he's not here with AEW for the money -- he's here because he believes in doing something new and different.
Our lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer talks about Ronda Rousey and her WWE schedule including how long a time frame of when she has talked of stepping away.
Also, look at the top of the WrestleMania card and what major star isn't scheduled, and what other major star may be having his match changed.
Read the full preview of the Royal Rumble, with notes on ticket expectation, how the market is for all four WWE arena events in Phoenix this week, and the situation with John Cena.
Also, look at UFC's first show on ESPN, the Dillashaw vs. Cejudo aftermath, the Greg Hardy debut, the business notes on the show and what record was set as well as how streaming sign-ups destroyed any combat sport event in history, and match-by-match coverage.
Break down the latest Jon Jones drug test failure and why failing the test actually gives more credence to his story than if he had passed all of his tests.
Examine a fourth generation wrestler training at the Performance Center, what happened with The Revival, lots of WWE contract news, XFL President announced, XFL TV talks, and injury updates.
Look at the major hearing next week in Nevada, California's reaction and UFC's reaction to Jones' test failure.
This issue has a rundown of the final three nights of the Fantastica Mania tour, including why the third night was such an entertaining show, as well as an update on the talent in CMLL and the unique match that came from a movie.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Raw takes place tonight at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona. It will feature Kurt Angle taking on Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman facing Drew McIntyre and qualifying matches for the women’s tag team title match inside the Elimination Chamber.
- WrestlingInc reported this morning that WWE has signed Shane Helms to a deal to work as a producer. PWInsider reported that both he and Sonjay Dutt are backstage at Raw working as producers for tonight's show.
- Video footage of WWE security forcing someone to remove their AEW shirt hit social media last night during the Royal Rumble. Nick Jackson responded on Twitter, saying “Let it be known that if you wanna wear a WWE shirt at Double Or Nothing or any AEW related event we won’t do this to you.”
- Cris Cyborg was seen at the WWE Performance Center today.
- Bray Wyatt had some cryptic words following last night’s events.
- Karl Anderson doesn’t seem too sure about future episode of Botch Club, WWE’s take on the Botchamania series.
- An Invisible John Cena Funko Pop is now on sale at Amazon.
- Be sure to check out Bryan & Vinny’s review of the Royal Rumble up now at video.f4wonline.com, including the annual visit from their friend Mark. Here’s a clip.
- Chris Jericho went on social media late last night/early Monday morning, writing “Intimidation and fear goes a LONG way in our business guys. But let’s be honest, @BrockLesnar needs to pull up his pants and lose the gut... the dream is over dude. I don’t play by the script...”. In another tweet, he wrote “Hey @wwe, @ringofhonor & @IMPACTWRESTLING ... I love watching you push all your randoms, But just know that we are interested in maybe 6-8 of your talents total. We don’t need you!” Both tweets have since been deleted.
- Kenny Omega was a guest on Andrew Patterson’s The Warmup on TSN where he talked about his upcoming documentary that will air on the network on March 27.
- Former UFC Heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum told Ariel Helwani that he is going to ask for his UFC release. He’s under a USADA suspension until May 2020 because of a failed drug test.
- Andy Foster told Fightful that the CSAC did not take action against Jon Jones following another positive test was because there was no evidence of re-administration.
- After winning the Bellator heavyweight title, Ryan Bader expressed interest in a cross-promotion fight against UFC Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier.
- Justin Gaethje mentioned that he plans to sign a new contract with the UFC after his next fight.
- Callan Potter is stepping in to face Jalin Turner at UFC Melbourne on February 10. Potter is replacing Alex Gorgees, who is out due to personal reasons.
- Damir Ismagulov will fight Joel Alvarez at UFC Prague on February 23.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWE Royal Rumble 2018
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!