THE LATEST NEWS
- WWE: Liv Morgan suffered concussion on Raw
- WWE Raw posts lowest ratings in modern era
- DDT, wXw coming to the US for WrestleMania weekend
- ROH TV results: Lethal & Gresham vs. Bully Ray & Silas Young
- Big E vs. Sheamus added to lineup for WWE SmackDown
- NJPW reveals full card for Fighting Spirit Unleashed
- Two matches set for next week's WWE Raw
- Liv Morgan injured during six-woman tag match on WWE Raw
- Shawn Michaels to appear on WWE Raw next week
THE LATEST AUDIO
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Brock Lesnar returns at Hell in a Cell
After losing the Universal Championship at SummerSlam, it took less than a month for Brock Lesnar to resurface in WWE. Lesnar didn't just get involved in the main event of Sunday night's pay-per-view -- the finish of the show was entirely built around his appearance. Roman Reigns speared Braun Strowman through a table, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose came out to fight on the outside, and Lesnar caused the Hell in a Cell match to end in a no contest.
The lead story runs down the Jon Jones situation in detail, his test failure, the campaign of attempted misinformation designed to fool the public, the tragedy of all this, and how this affects Brock Lesnar and Daniel Cormier.
Read a feature on the life and career of Noricum "Kid" Yamamoto, who passed away last week.
Find out about Shawn Michaels' planned return to ring action, what his proposed match is, the angle to set it up, the building of the angle, moves being made by WWE, and details behind the return of Brock Lesnar.
Go in-depth on the WWE concussion lawsuits being thrown out. Read about why, the big problems with the suits, as well as the big problem on the flip side of how the statute of limitations was being applied.
Get the update on the Rey Mysterio's situation, the changes to 205 no longer being live, update on Alexa Bliss and Jeff Hardy when it comes to appearing on live shows, book coming out on the career of former WWE star, WWE hires new head of legal, notes on Starrcade 18, and Rousey vs. Cyborg rumor notes.
We've also got full coverage of the CMLL Anniversary show, with match-by-match coverage, star ratings as well as a chart on what wrestlers have headlined the most anniversary shows in history.
Get full coverage of this year's Battle of Los Angeles tournament, with a look at every match from all three days of what was some of the best wrestling shows that will be held anywhere in the world this year.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Asuka & Naomi vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville has been added to the lineup for tonight’s SmackDown in Denver, Colorado. A contract signing for AJ Styles and Samoa Joe’s no disqualification, no countout match for the WWE Championship at Super Show-Down is also set, and Big E will face Sheamus tonight.
- Bobby Lashley & Mickie James vs. Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox and The Miz & Asuka vs. R-Truth & Carmella are tonight’s Mixed Match Challenge matches.
- WWE stock was up again today, closing at $94.05 per share. That’s up 1.71 percent on the day and gives the company a $7.33 billion market capitalization.
- Big Show will play a recurring character named “Big Pink” on SyFy’s “Happy.”
- WWE noted that Kofi Kingston has set a record for the most cumulative days as Tag Team Champion in his career. Kingston has held a version of the titles for 954 days, surpassing Billy Gunn.
- Carmella spoke to TV Insider about teaming with R-Truth on Mixed Match Challenge: “I’m game to have a good time and play a character and know my role. Whether it was being a manager for Enzo and Big Cass in NXT and then with James Ellsworth and now with R-Truth. It’s cool to show different sides of myself and my character. I feel like not that many people get to do that. They sort of stay the same their entire career, but I totally am open to all aspects of Carmella.”
- Zack Ryder & No Way Jose defeated Mike Kanellis & Mojo Rawley and Apollo Crews defeated Tyler Breeze on last night’s Main Event tapings.
- Becky Lynch appeared on this week’s episode of Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia.
- Low Ki will defend his MLW World Championship against Daga at the promotion’s TV tapings in Queens, New York on October 4.
- Kenny King vs. Chase Owens has been announced for ROH’s post-Death Before Dishonor TV tapings in Las Vegas on September 29.
- Shaul Guerrero has joined Women of Wrestling as the promotion’s ring announcer. She’ll be starting at their tapings for AXS TV in October.
- Bandido has been announced for WrestleCon's Mark Hitchcock Memorial SuperShow over WrestleMania weekend in New York City. WrestleCon has also revealed the first group of wrestlers who will be appearing at April’s convention.
- Impact Wrestling posted an eight-minute behind-the-scenes video from the day of Slammiversary XVI.
- Kenny Johnson released a mini-documentary on PCO and his career resurgence.
- Cody Rhodes will be donating 100 percent of his meet and greet proceeds for the NWA’s 70th Anniversary Show to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- OTT uploaded WALTER vs. Jordan Devlin from WrestleRama 2 to their YouTube account.
- AAW revealed the bracket for Friday and Saturday’s Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament.
- Ariel Helwani reported that Michael Chiesa vs. Carlos Condit has been booked for UFC 232 in Las Vegas on December 29.
- Herb Dean has been announced as the referee for Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor at UFC 229.
- Tyron Woodley said him facing McGregor next makes sense if McGregor defeats Nurmagomedov.
- Mark Godbeer announced his retirement from MMA.
- Dave Meltzer has an article for MMA Fighting on this past weekend’s UFC and Bellator ratings.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Ron Garvin wins NWA title from Ric Flair
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today