THE LATEST NEWS
- Mahabali Shera reportedly released from WWE
- WWE Raw ratings down against Monday Night Football and Emmys
- WWE Oklahoma City live results: Becky Lynch defends her title
- Ember Moon replacing Alexa Bliss on Mixed Match Challenge tonight
- WWE Raw video highlights: Two title matches, Undertaker promo
- Kid Yamamoto passes away at 41 years old
- Andrew Everett granted release from Impact Wrestling
- Nia Jax returns to the ring on WWE Raw
- HBK, Kane to corner HHH and Undertaker at WWE Super Show-Down
- Universal title match, World Cup tournament set for WWE Crown Jewel
- WWE officially announces 'Crown Jewel' event for Saudi Arabia
- WWE Raw live results: Hell in a Cell fallout, The Undertaker appears
THE LATEST AUDIO
- WOL: RAW fallout, Australia show, Crown Jewel show, more! 9/18
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: 1969 in pro wrestling 9/18
- WOR: Kid Yamamoto, WWE concussion lawsuit, RAW, more! 9/18
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Looking at Shawn Michaels potential return
While retirements in professional wrestling are almost always temporary, the direction that WWE went in on last Monday's episode of Raw was still genuinely surprising. What seemed like it would be a by-the-numbers segment with Shawn Michaels promoting Triple H and The Undertaker's match at WWE Super Show-Down, which is being billed as the last time they'll ever face each other, turned into a full-blown tease of Michaels coming out of retirement.
The new issue of the Wrestling Observer goes through my life experiences with pro wrestling from childhood. Preview one of the biggest weekends for major shows of the year, including Hell in a Cell and the CMLL anniversary show.
Look at UFC 228, with match-by-match coverage and what the results mean, as well as the early business indicators on the show.
Run down wrestling shows from the Media Con in Manchester including the British J Cup and a unique Impact show.
Look at Rock's daughter training to be a fourth generation pro wrestler, Matt Riddle notes in WWE, update on Neville, update on WWE and a number of top indie stars, Vince McMahon changing his feeling on managers, Renee Young's first week as official third person in the booth, Matt Hardy's future, Ric Flair's commitment ceremony, and WWE nominated for awards.
Read more on the Mixed Match Change, first episodes of the new season of Total Divas, funny Stephanie McMahon quote, Batista talks Smackdown 1,000th episode, most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network and WWE stock value.
Run down all the Raw, Smackdown and NXT events held over the past week with results, highlights and business notes.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas in a non-title match, United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defending his title against Rusev, Becky Lynch’s first appearance on TV after winning the SmackDown Women’s Championship, and a Miz TV segment with a mystery guest are set for tonight’s SmackDown at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- After SmackDown ends, Mixed Match Challenge season two will premiere on Facebook Watch at 10 p.m. Eastern time. AJ Styles & Charlotte Flair vs. Jimmy Uso & Naomi and Braun Strowman & Ember Moon vs. Kevin Owens & Natalya will be taking place. Moon is replacing Alexa Bliss, with WWE announcing that Bliss suffered an arm injury during her match against Ronda Rousey at Hell in a Cell.
- PWInsider reported that Impact Wrestling’s Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore met with “several high ranking WWE executives” at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut last week PWInsider noted that Vince McMahon wasn’t there, but members of Triple H’s team were. The report also stated that an Impact source stressed that the meeting wasn’t about the sale of Impact Wrestling as a company or their video library, and a WWE source described it as a general discussion about the two companies and a chance to get everyone in the same room.
- Though her signing with the promotion hasn’t been officially announced, Mia Yim appeared in a video that WWE posted of members of the roster working out at the Performance Center today.
- Matt Hardy thanked everyone who has checked on his family after Hurricane Florence: “To everyone who has checked on us, my family is safe following the hurricane. The Hardy Compound is badly flooded & we’re nonstop working to dry out & salvage what we can. Thanks you for checking on us & asking about our safety & the condition of our property. We appreciate it.” Scott Dawson also tweeted about his family’s home being affected by Hurricane Florence.
- On the latest episode of his Sports Media Podcast, Richard Deitsch spoke to Renee Young about joining the Raw commentary team. Yahoo Sports also has an interview with Young.
- WWE announced the soundtrack for WWE 2K19: “Passion” by AWOLNATION (chosen by Daniel Bryan) “Skin” by Bullet for My Valentine (chosen by The Miz) “Survival” by Eminem (chosen by AJ Styles) “Champion” by Fall Out Boy (chosen by Alexa Bliss) “Spit Out the Bone” by Metallica (chosen by Triple H) “Work Hard” by Migos (chosen by Samoa Joe) “Ric Flair Drip” by Offset & Metro Boomin (chosen by Ric Flair & Charlotte Flair) “rockstar” by Post Malone featuring 21 Savage (chosen by Elias) “The 11th Hour” by Rancid (chosen by Sami Zayn) “DEVIL” by Shinedown (chosen by Baron Corbin) “Override” by Slipknot (chosen by Seth Rollins) “Ungrateful & Thankful” (chosen by The New Day)
- In support of Glenn Jacobs, WWE is donating $100,000 to the Knoxville Public Safety Foundation (a charity that supports first responders after they “suffer injuries, illness, death or other life-changing events).
- Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham will face KUSHIDA & Jushin Thunder Liger at ROH’s TV tapings in Las Vegas on September 29. Coast 2 Coast (Shaheem Ali & LSG) will also challenge for the ROH Tag Team titles at the tapings. The Briscoes hold the titles and will defend them against Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian at Death Before Dishonor on September 28.
- Tetsuya Naito, EVIL & SANADA vs. Shane Strickland, Bandido & Flamita has been made official for OTT’s Fourth Year Anniversary show at National Stadium in Dublin on October 13.
- MLW announced that they’ll be taping TV in the Chicago area on November 8. The tapings will be held at Cicero Stadium in Cicero, Illinois, and tickets go on sale this Saturday.
- World of Stardom Champion Kagetsu is set to face Wonder of Stardom Champion Momo Watanabe in Nagoya on September 30 in a match where both titles will be on the line.
- MJF is the guest on the latest episode of The Steve Austin Show.
- The UFC will be holding a viewing party in Times Square for Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov’s press conference on Thursday.
- McGregor unveiled his “Proper Twelve” Irish whiskey brand.
- After losing the belt with his luggage, Henry Cejudo has been reunited with his UFC flyweight championship.
- Johny Hendricks will face Brennan Ward in a bare knuckle boxing match at the World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation's debut event in Casper, Wyoming on November 9.
- Bellator has announced King Mo vs. Liam McGeary for their show in Hawaii on December 15.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: WWE Night of Champions 2011
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!d