Job Listing: Wikipedia guru
Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at email@example.com for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns program, Wrestle Kingdom 16 review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
The weekend Observer radio with Bryan and I is up on the site today, talking Battle of the Belts, Smackdown, WrestleKingdom and all kinds of other news including the death of 70s star Strong Kobayashi.
For the first time in a long time, nothing related to MMA, boxing or pro wrestling cracked the top 20 searches for any day this week. I didn't expect AEW's Battle of the Belts to make it and WWE rarely cracks the list unless it's a major news story or a PPV show. The biggest news story of the week I thought was the cuts in NXT but that didn't break into the top 20.
We're looking for your thoughts from last night's Impact Hard to Kill and NJPW/NOAH WrestleKingdom shows, thumbs up, down or middle, best and worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A match that a lot of people have raved about was last night's New Japan Strong match with Eddie Kingston vs. Gabriel Kidd.
AZM being announced as injured from last night's Stardom show from a kick by Momo Watanabe was legit. It fits into the angle they are doing so a lot of people thought it was just selling an angle. AZM being off today and tomorrow's shows was not planned. They believe she broke her nose but that was just their doctor's speculation at this point.
- Results from Glens Falls, NY last night: Xia Li b Natalya, Sheamus b Rick Boogs, Charlotte Flair b Naomi with Sonya Deville as heel ref to keep the Smackdown title, Damien Priest kept the U.S. title over Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins, Riddle b Austin Theory, Becky Lynch kept the Raw title in a three-way over Liv Morgan and Bianca Belair, Roman Reigns & Usos b Viking Raiders & Big E. Reigns was the star of the show (thanks to Matt Watson)
- Kevin Owens wasn't in Boston for today's show. We have reports from Martin Boulevard and Scarlett Michanco up to intermission. The first three matches were the same as last night. With Owens out, it was Bobby Lashley (babyface) & Priest over Rollins & Ziggler. The Lynch match, same as last night, was said to be the best thing so far.
- The reality show "Relatively Famous, Ranch Rules" on E! that I've seen a lot of commercials for during wrestling shows, debuts on Wednesday at 9 p.m. There will be two episodes. The show is about kids with famous parents. Austin Gunn, the AEW wrestler and son of Billy Gunn, is one of the cast members. He's got perhaps the least known celebrity parent since other involved are kids of Pat Benatar, David Hasselhoff, Martin Lawrence, Shaquille O'Neal, Ray Parker Jr., Billy Bob Thornton and Easy E. PWInsider reported that AEW footage will be on the show when Austin Gunn and Myles O'Neal get into a discussion.
- Bryan Danielson was at the Cavalcade of Customs in Cincinnati today (thanks to Brian Henke)
- Jim Miller vs. Nikolas Motta has been added to the 2/19 show.
- Stardom today at Korakuen Hall: Thelka b Saki Kashima, Mayu Iwatani & Hanan b Unagi Sayaka & Waka Tsukiyama, Mirai & Himeka & Hanan b Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa & Mai Sakurai, 4 on 3: Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid & Rina & Ruaka b Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita & Lady C, Hazuki & Koguma b Giulia & Syuri to win the Goddesses of Stardom tag titles when Hazuki pinned Giulia.
- There is a gimmick boxing show in Brazil coming up and former UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, who is 45 and his last MMA win was in 2012 and he retired in 2015, is coming out of retirement on the show. Guilherme Cruz has the story.
- Nogueira faces former UFC fighter Leonardo Guimares in a 220-pound fight. Former WBO/WBA champion Acelino Freitas,who is 41=-2, faces Whindersson Nunes, a YouTube star who has never boxed. Esquiva Falcao (29-0) faces the debuting Yuri Fernandes who was a star on Brazil's version of Big Brother.
- MCW has a convention and a show on 2/5 in Hollywood, MD at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department. The convention includes Taya Valkyrie, Kevin Nash, Jimmy Hart, Angelina Love, Lex Luger, Quinn McKay, Velvet Sky, The Headbangers, Serena Deeb, Lita Adam Cole, Thunder Rosa, Sabu, Lio Rush, Brooklyn Brawler, Kiera Hogan, Steve Keirn, Diamante, Erick Redbeard, Black Bart, Tommy Rich, J.J. Dillon, Tully Blanchard, James Ellsworth and Mandy Leon.
- EPW from last night in Western Australia: Aaron Hawk b Bruno Nitro to keep Coastal championship, Kaz Jordan & Joel Hagan b Jordan Bishop & Ryan Allen, Edith Night b Tyler Jacobs in a strap match, Del Cano b Bobby Marshall, Michael Morleone & Kiel Steria & Taylor King b Casey Johns & James Hartness & Elijah Henry, Damian Slater b Davis Storm, Julian Ward b Antonio Corrado to keep the EPW title, Gavin McGavin b Marcius Pitt. Slater vs. Storm and McGavin vs Pitt both said to be great. Next show is 2/2.
- Deathmatch Downunder on 1/22 in Geelong, Australia headlined by Royce Chambers vs. Edward Dusk for the Death match title,and 2/5 in Melbourne with Ritchie Taylor's retirement match against Joel Bateman.
- Aaron Henare returns home for a 2/5 show in Auckland, New Zealand for Warrior Wrestling. (thanks to Kevin Chiat).
- VxS & No Peace Underground from Friday night from Westville, NJ in a death match style show with all matches no DQ: Lucky 13 won over Marcus Mathers and Akira ina barbed wire match, Masha Slamovich b Sawyer Wreck, Jordan Oliver b G-Raver, Atticus Cogar b Vincent, Casanova Valentine b Otis Cogar, Chelsea Durden, Tye Hyll, and Gory and Kit Osbourne, Parrow b JTG to keep the No Peace Underground title via ref stoppage in a bloody chairs match, Masada b Jimmy Lloyd in a death match, AJ Gray b Matt Tremont in a light tubes house of horrors match. They broke bout 100 light tubes over each other's bodies. Good for what it was. Tremont replaced John Wayne Murdoch with less than 24 hours notice. Tremont said after taking one year off that he's back. (thanks to Ross Blair)