- Homicide, Jerry Lynn first GCW Indie Hall of Fame inductees
- Eddie Kingston added to NJPW Strong Nemesis
- Priest vs. Nakamura set for WWE Survivor Series pre-show
- New Ring of Honor TV champion crowned
- WWE Main Event results: John Morrison's final stand
- NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 28 updated standings and schedule
- NJPW BOSJ 28 night four results: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- Jonah debuts at Impact Turning Point, attacks Josh Alexander
- Impact Throwback Throwdown II set for December
- Women's Ultimate X, Knockouts title rematch set for Impact Hard to Kill
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- Full coverage of AEW Full Gear, poll results, star ratings, how much money it drove
- Match of the week
- Update on Kenny Omega's future
- Details of recent Tony Khan interviews regarding the future
- Jim Ross details his medical treatment
- Update on WrestleMania ticket sales
- Survivor Series preview, ticket sales, overall interest level going into the show
- Latest round of WWE cuts, whys and wheres
- Most popular segments to stream from this past week's WWE television
- Updated ticket sales for all major WWE & AEW shows including how both groups ran Norfolk & Indianapolis the same week
- A major sports rights story that may tell the future about WWE & AEW's next round of negotiations
- Ratings coverage, where wrestling ranks on cable this past week, segment by segment numbers including where Dynamite beat Raw and vice versa
- NJPW Battle in the Valley
- New Japan plans 50th year big shows
- Coverage of both NJPW tournaments, its last US TV tapings, new stars and future US plans
- Juice Robinson talks his future
- Stardom tag team tournament finishes up
- Full coverage of Saturday's UFC show
- UFC business predictions for 2021 and how UFC and WWE numbers and business compares
- Iron Head Jose Tarres, Hall of Fame candidate and his credentials
- Death of Estrella Blanca and his most noteworthy wrestling claim to fame
- Marty Scurll wrestling in Germany, the promotion explains its side and rival promotion responds
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking Survivor Series, UFC, New Japan Impact and the rest of the wrestling and MMA news with Wrestling Observer. Radio. You can send questions for the show to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some notes on Survivor Series, which starts at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time on Peacock in the U.S. and WWE Network elsewhere. All individuals over the age of 12 will have to show proof of at least one vaccination dose. There is a vaccination spot at the Barclays Center which is open right at at 140 Flatbush Avenue. The vaccine is free.
The show is a series of brand vs. brand matches, with no titles at stake so no repercussions, past likely shooting some angles within the brands going forward. The winners and losers don't have a lot of bearing on stuff going forward. From a television buildup standpoint, I've never seen a PPV in years with such little build or matches. But in the media, there has been far more non-wrestling media build for this show than any Survivor Series in history. On paper, most of the bouts themselves should be good. Nakamura vs. Priest will be starting the pre-show at 7:30 p.m.
- Big E vs. Roman Reigns - Reigns is a heavy favorite at -650 since he hasn't lost in so long and it's clear they are building everything around him to main event WrestleMania. Kambi lists the over/under on star ratings for this match at ****1/4
- Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair - I think a lot of people are expecting a screw job finish for whatever reason, I guess playing off the angle from several weeks back that got botched with the idea that means they should do a screw job. BetOnLine favors Lynch at -400 while Kambi has her at -250. Kambi lists the over/under on star ratings for this match at ****
- Damien Priest vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - It's notable that Priest is a -1400 favorite at Kambi and you don't have odds that long unless there is certainty of the result. Keep in mind that can always change. Priest is a -330 favorite at BetOnLine. Kambi lists the over/under no star ratings for this match at ***1/2
- Riddle & Randy Orton vs. Usos - RK Bro is a slight favorite at -125 but other odds are -225. Kambi lists the over/under on star ratings for this at ***3/4
- Finn Balor & Kevin Owens & Seth Rollins & Austin Theory & Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre & Jeff Hardy & King Woods & Sheamus & Happy Corbin - Oddsmakers are split on this ne, with Kambi at -108 for Team Raw and BetOnline at -180 for Team Smackdown. Kambi lists the over/under on star ratings at ***3/4
- Bianca Belair & Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan & Carmella & Queen Zelina vs. Sasha Banks & Natalya & Shotzi & Shayna Baszler & Toni Storm - Team Raw is favored at -150. Kambi lists the over/under on star ratings at ***
- 25 man Battle Royal. It is a WWE Battle Royal. They are usually pretty similar. 5 Dimes' top favorites are Omos at +160, A.J. Styles at +290, Sami Zayn at +400, Cesaro at +650 and Jinder Mahal at +800. Omos is the favorite across the board.
We're looking for your thoughts on this show as well as the New Japan show in Nagoya from today, you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match for both shows to email@example.com
For this week only three things combat sports related made the top 20 for the day in Google searches. Yesterday's UFC show had one listing, for Miesha Tate as No. 18 with 50,000 searches. The Terence Crawford-Shawn Porter fight, which included Big E doing the walkout introduction for Porter, did 500,000 searches and was No. 2 for the day. Crawford won via tenth round stoppage and Porter announced his retirement after the fight. The other was on Tuesday with Mike Tyson at 500,000 for the No. 3 spot talking about almost dying from usage of psychedelics at a drug press conference.
Jim Ross on his podcast talked about this week as he's getting radiation treatment tomorrow for skin cancer. He said he wants to do the Wednesday night show in Chicago. “Next week’s going to be a touch and go week for me, on Monday morning I’m supposed to get two cancer spots cut out of my back,” he said. “They say it’s only a few stitches but I’ve got to get ready to get on an airplane and they say it’s going to be bandaged. I can’t scratch them, I can’t touch them. Then after that on Monday, I have to go to my oncologist and they make me a boot. And the boot is what you slip on so the radiation machine has a target. I don’t know if it attaches or whatever, but it’s there to not give you any more radiation than you need and only on the spot that isn’t infected. I plan on going to Chicago, and on Wednesday, we’re going to kick ass.”
For last night's UFC show, 85 percent of the media scores had Ketlen Vieira winning and 15 percent had Miesha Tate. Judge Michael Bell gave rounds one, two and five to Vieira. Judge Sal D'Amoto scored it the same. Judge Junichiro Kamijo had every round but round four for Vieira. in the semi, where Sean Brady beat Michael Chiesa, all three judges were 29-28, giving the first two rounds to Brady and third for Chiesa. 100 percent of media scores were for Brady.
WWE ran in Syracuse, NY last night: Riddle & Randy Orton & Street Profits b Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode & Omos & A.J. Styles, Liv Morgan b Carmella, Bobby Lashley b Rey & Dominik Mysterio in a handicap match, Charlotte Flair b Sasha Banks - one regular at the matches in Syracuse going for 30 years said this was atop five house show match during that period but several raved about it to us, Drew McIntyre & Viking Raiders b Roman Reigns & Usos, Shinsuke Nakamura b Jinder Mahal-DQ when Shanky interfered, Nakamura & Rick Boogs b Mahal & Shanky, Damien Priest won a four-way over Kevin Owens Finn Balor and Seth Rollins to keep the U.S. title, Becky Lynch Bianca Belair to keep the Raw women's title.
Regarding the article in the new issue on WrestleMania ticket sales, it should be noted that the high ticket prices we mentioned were for both nights, not one night individually. Also, individual show ticket prices in a lot of the building are lower than past years due to it being two nights.
The New York Post has a story on Dwayne Johnson wanting to succeed Daniel Craig as the new James Bond. He said he wanted to play Bond, not be a Bond villain. The story noted that Peter Maivia, Dwayne's grandfather, played a Bond villain in the 1967 movie "You Only Live Twice." This was when Maivia was wrestling in the U.K. Maivia had a fight scene in that movie with Sean Connery.
On Friday night's Freelance Wrestling show in Chicago, Kylie Rae, unadvertised or unannounced, showed up to wrestle in a five-way women's match. She had been out of wrestling a few months due to a mental health issue.
Kenny Omega should be announcing that he is vacating the AAA Mega heavyweight title due to upcoming surgery and not knowing a firm date when he will be back. People have been called as replacements but the final decision is still being worked on as far as the main event title match for the 12/4 show in Monterrey at the baseball stadium.
Dalton Castle beat Dragon Lee on the weekend TV to win the ROH TV title. They have been getting the belts off Lee with the idea he's probably done with the promotion once the year is over.
We're looking for reports on today's RevPro show at York Hall to firstname.lastname@example.org Will Ospreay defends the British heavyweight title against Shota Umino in the main event and Aussie Open defends the tag titles against Ricky Knight Jr.& Roy Knight, plus Michael Oku vs. Mike Bailey for the cruiserweight title and Alex Windsor vs. Debbie Keitel for the women's title.
- Natalya noted that her win on Smackdown was the 500th win of her WWE career, the most of any WWE woman wrestler in history.
- The 2021 movie "Queenpins" that aired on Showtime Monday night had a brief clip of a character watching the start of "Dynamite and there was an AEW graphic late in the movie. There is no mention of AEW in the end credits (thanks to Harold Kruger)
- The 1/12 advance for Dynamite in Raleigh is one of the weaker ones for a new market they've had. The last number we had was 2,507 seats out.
- Eddie Kingston is booked for the 12/9 New Japan show in Los Angeles.
- Defy Wrestling from last night in Seattle before a sellout of nearly 800 fans: Lio Rush b Titus Alexander, Ricky Gibson & Eddie Pearl b Kaimana & Ativalu to keep the tag titles,Yuya Uemura b Sonico, Rebel Kel b Vertvixen, Nick Wayne b Joey Janela (people were raving about this match, Wayne is the 16-year-old son of the late Buddy Wayne and the match went 33:00), Mark & Jay Briscoe b Schaff & Ethan HD, Brody King b Tom Lawlor. Janela called this match the best bout of his career. Next show is 12/16 in Highland Park, CA at the Lodge Room with Brody King, Christopher Daniels and Nick Wayne and 12/18 in Seattle at Washington Hall with Eddie Kingston.
- Northeast Wrestling from last night in Waterbury, CT: Eddie Kingston won over Brian Anthony & Vito in a handicap match street fight, Dan Maff & Wrecking Ball Legurski b Bear Country, Vincent b Chris Battle, Jaylen Brandyn & Traevon Jordan b Elijah Dean & Zach Nystrom, Channing Thomas b Gio Galvano, Brian Pillman Jr & Griff Garrison b Cam Zagami & Antonio Zambrano-DQ so the local tag champs retained, Zane Bernardo & RJ Rude b Tommy & PJ Grayson, Cole Karter b Brett Ryan Gosselin (thanks to Nick Mahmood)
- St. Louis Anarchy from last night in Granite City, IL: Anakin Murphy b Solomon Tupu, Kody Lane b JDX, Camaro Jackson & Campbell Myers & SK Bishop b Christian Rose & Manders & Gnaris Garvin, Warhorse b Kevin Lee Davidson, Kenny Alfonso b Ace Perry, Billie Starks won four-way over Everett Connors, Thomas Shire and Greg Jovi, Victor Analog b Alice Crowley, Derek Neal b Craig Mitchell, Jake Dirden b Dak Draper, Aaron Williams b Kevin Ku, Gary Jay b Jeremy Wyatt in a street fight to win the Heritage title. Wyatt had been champion for 37 months. (thanks to Patrick Brandmeyer)
- Mission Pro Wrestling from last night in Conroe,TX: Amber Rodriguez b Ki Vibez, Rache Chanel b Zeda Zhang, JP Harlow b Matt Vandagriff, KiLynn King b WOAD, JennaCide b Ashley D'Amboise, Charlette Renegade & Robyn Renegade b Big Mama & Riley Matthews, Jazmin Allure b Skye Blue, Holidead b Madi Wrenkowski, Thunder Rosa b Layne Luck in a falls count anywhere match. Rosa and Dave LaGreca have been doing a feud with LaGreca was in Luck's corner. Viletta LeGreca, Dave's wife, was in Rosa's corner. If Rosa won, LeGreca had to get a tattoo on his ass. If Luck won, then Rosa would have to get a tattoo on her ass. At one point Rosa speared LeGreca into a wall with hundreds of beer cans that all fell down. Rosa wrote something in magic marker on his ass after the match and then thanked him for all his coverage of Mission Pro Wrestling and they hugged in the ring. The next show in 12/11 in San Antonio. It will be a Salvation Army benefit to collect toys. Thunder Rosa & teenage son Anakin Rosa face Ashley D'Amboise & JP Harlow. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- RevPro had two shows in Huntingdon, UK yesterday Show one: Karl Fredericks b Chuck Mambo, Yota Tsuji b Doug Williams, Aussie Open b Robbie X & Callum Newman, Alex Coughlin b TK Cooper, Luke Jacobs b JJ Gate, Mike Bailey b Connor Mills Show two: Robbie X b Luke Jacobs, Chuck Mambo & TK Cooper b Doug Williams & Brendan White, Mike Bailey b Callum Newman, Alex Coughlin & Karl Fredericks b Kenneth Halfpenny & Shaun Jackson, Ricky Knight Jr. b Lucas Phillips, Michael Oku & Connor Mills & Shota Umino b Will Ospreay & Aussie Open
- Game Changer Wrestling announced they would be doing an independent wrestling Hall of Fame event on 1/22. The first names announced were Jerry Lynn, who will be inducted by longtime friend Sean Waltman, and Homicide.
- AJ Francis, formerly Top Dolla of Hit Row, noted that he collected 15 full shopping carts for canned food for homeless children at Sarah's House in Fort Meade, MD, this weekend. Francis had noted after being let go on Thursday that this canned food drive was still going to happen.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Bret Hart wins WCW World title
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today