- Scorpio Sky off AEW Dynamite as COVID precaution, new match set
- MLW officially adds Lio Rush to growing list for November's 'Restart'
- Cassidy vs. Silver moved up to AEW Full Gear main card
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru off NJPW show due to knee injury
- Tito Ortiz wins city council seat, Dan Rodimer Nevada race undecided
- WOL: AEW vs. NXT, Full Gear preview, record low RAW hour, more! 11/4
- B&V&G&C: Retro Invasion Smackdown June 28, 2001, plus Granny! 11/3
WON NEWSLETTER: November 2, 2020 Observer Newsletter: WWE Q3 financials, more
An in-depth look at WWE finances and the company going forward is the lead story of the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Our lead story not just looks at the investors call this week, but goes through financial details and what they mean from the call, and looks at the landscape as well as things said that were misleading.
The new issue also covers:
TV ratings, streaming, value of the Thunderdome setting, Nick Khan's debut on the call and his main comments, Vince McMahon talks his new management team, WWE numbers, new programming, plight of furloughed employees, company market value, cutbacks in expenses, Saudi Arabia, costs going up next month, how many people view the free tier of the WWE Network, Vince talks ratings, network subscriptions in the U.S. and abroad, how much money the company makes from television, and unique notes about merchandise sales.
Daniel Bryan's statements regarding his career, how much longer he wants to do this, what he's said about his own athletic ability, where he can be valuable and Roman Reigns' opponens.
Hell in a Cell, a look at Survivor Series, changes from last year, the top of Raw, Money in the Bank, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results.
Khabib Numragomedov's last fight, Dana White talks if he will retire, Khabib says he will, plus UFC 254 with match-by-match coverage and poll results.
WWE talent and Twitch and comments by Paige, update on Thunderdome location after the end of November and why they have to move, we update the latest COVID outbreak in WWE, why Matt Riddle got a name change, brutal WWE match this past week, where wrestling stands in sports ratings, Canadian and U.K. ratings, donors to Trump and Biden's campaign,why little was announced ahead of time for Smackdown, new names for lots of WWE talent, what former wrestler is WWE trying to keep from using his WWE name, and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
Impact's Bound for Glory. We look at the situation with Kylie Rae, the injuries, Ken Shamrock in the Hall of Fame and his relationship with Dwayne Johnson, Mick Foley and Bret Hart, Shamrock's background plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
TripleMania press conference, the matches announced, the unique new promotional tie-in with Marvel and the first show announced with no date and why.
Detailed look at the television business, with ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- This week’s episode of The Bump features former Tough Enough winner Maven, Elias, Pat McAfee, and the NXT Tag Team champions Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch.
- Mustafa Ali is the guest on this week’s episode of After the Bell with Corey Graves.
- The company has abandoned their attempt to trademark the name Cody Rhodes, HeelByNature reported.. Cody Runnels was rejected last year from attempting to trademark the name after WWE’s failed to renew the rights on time. Additionally on October 30, Cody dropped trademark applications for ‘Slamboree’ and ‘The Match Beyond’.
- The free matches added to WWE’s YouTube today include Triple H vs. Edge vs. Vladimir Kozlov from Survivor Series 2008 and The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show from the August 28, 2003 episode of SmackDown.
- Goldberg, Lita, Ultimate Warrior, The Usos, Eddie Guerrero, Trish Stratus, and Booker T will be added to the WWE Battlegrounds roster on November 6.
- WWE PC’s YouTube page has Kacy Catanzaro recreating her favorite Royal Rumble moment.
- Tony Khan talked to PWInsider about Alex Reynolds being knocked out in a recent match: "Yeah, you know, we've been recently doing everything we can to work on our protocols and make this as safe as possible work environment. I've added another independent neurologist to the staff. We've added an independent doctor at all the shows in addition to our staff medical team and we're adding extra support. I've added a two-way feature where the referees can talk back to us if there are injuries so that the referee, you know, not all communication is going one way, and I've encouraged the referees to let us know what's going on."
- AJPW announced that Zeus has tested positive for COVID-19. He will remain isolated in a hotel in Osaka until November 11. Their international Twitter account noted that there was no close contact with other AJPW wrestlers.
- Miro was a guest this week on Talk is Jericho.
- Fightful Select is reporting that EC3 has finished with Impact Wrestling for the time being and is now working for Ring of Honor through the end of the year.
- TSN has an interview with Eddie Kingston, who talks about signing with AEW and his match with Cody.
- Matt Hardy posted a video hyping his Elite Deletion match taking place at Full Gear against Sammy Guevara.
- Highspots will have a live meet and greet with Rhino and Heath this Thursday night at 7 pm EST.
- MJF was interviewed by Wrestling Inc. on his chemistry with Chris Jericho and his storyline with The Inner Circle.
- Lio Rush will take part in a Paul Bearer holiday headlocks toy drive that will take place on November 5.
- The latest Aces High column has Hiroshi Tanahashi reflecting on Shinsuke Nakamura’s early career.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Dean Malenko wins ECW TV title
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today