- Two multi-person tag team matches set for WWE Raw
- WWE Main Event results: Mahal vs. Hardy, Ali vs. Ricochet II
- Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston to team up on AEW Dark
- Seven additional NJPW wrestlers test positive for COVID-19
- UFC on ESPN 24 live results: Marina Rodriguez vs. Michelle Waterson
- Jon Moxley vs. Danny Limelight to headline AEW Dark: Elevation
- DragonKing Dark: Kurt Cobain's final farewell
- WOR: New Japan COVID, AEW ratings, Brian Pillman documentary, Smackdown, more!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Dave Meltzer recaps the AEW Blood and Guts special, both nights of NJPW's Wrestling Dontaku.
Also in this issue:
Idea of War Games, Blood & Guts coverage, understanding the ratings and business notes.
Ospreay vs. Takagi, Dontaku coverage and New Japan COVID issues explained.
Notes on the upcoming AEW & WWE PPV shows.
Saturday's UFC coverage.
The life of Randy Savage, what was and wasn't covered by A&E, aspects that were and weren't true.
AAA Rey de Reyes coverage and a major bout of international stars set up with Omega vs. Andrade.
Debut of a new promotion with lots of international stars coming to PPV.
Dragon Gate Dead or Alive coverage.
Lots of new info on exactly how people watch the major wrestling shows.
How many different people actually tuned in to see the different wrestling shows last week and why it's far more than people realize.
Champion Carnival finals notes.
Hall of Famer returns to start new major promotion.
Story behind the Reigns vs. Bryan match.
More into detail on the ratings than any other source, how every segment on NXT and AEW did as well as how it did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
A few notes from the weekend. Bryan and I were up last night talking Brian Pillman, Takagi vs. Ospreay, Smackdown, and the latest from Japan. Garrett and I did a Friday night show with Kim Wood that is one of the most talked about shows in the recent history of the site. We will also be doing a Q&A show tonight on Randy Savage and Brian Pillman.
For Google searches this past week:
- Tyson Fury was No 2 earlier today.
- Canelo Alvarez's fight with Billy Joe Saunders was No. 1 yesterday with 2.5 million
- Michelle Waterson was No. 8 yesterday with 100,000
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. was No.1 on Thursday with 1 million for the deal with Jake Paul in the hype for his fight with Logan Paul.
For Raw tomorrow, they've announced Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre non-title, A.J. Styles & Omos & Jaxson Ryker & Elias vs. New Day & Randy Orton & Riddle, and Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler & Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka & Dana Brooke & Mandy Rose.
A&E Biography tonight at 8 p.m. is with Booker T and Booker T will also star in the WWE's Most Wanted Treasures show looking for a dog collar worn by Junkyard Dog immediately following at 10 p.m.
Amanda Ribas vs. Angela Hill, which was one of the most looked forward to fights on last night's UFC show, was canceled when Ribas and her father tested positive for COVID-19. The test results came back just hours before the bout was to take place.
Donald Cerrone suffered his fifth loss in his last six fights, a first round knockout to Alex Morono. He said this was absolutely not his last fight.
- Regarding several Ringside News stories this week, most are basically true. Paul Heyman's stuff was reported as being off script and it wasn't exactly on the script but obviously it was 100 percent approved. They also said Paul Levesque has more influence on Smackdown, which is true. Bruce Prichard is on vacation and wasn't on the show and Ed Koskey wasn't there. Dave Kapoor was brought in from NXT to help and the show ran smoothly. Mia Yim was to debut on the show, and Aleister Black was to have a vignette but both were cut for time constraints. Yim is tentatively scheduled to debut on this coming Friday's Smackdown show.
- Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter is scheduled for 8/21.
- Ian Heinisch vs. Nassourdine Imavov is targeted for 7/24.
- There were about 1,573 tickets put on sale for Wednesday's show and thus far 777 remain.
- For Dark Elevation tomorrow they've announced Jon Moxley vs. Danny Limelight, Tay Conti vs. Madi Wrenkowski, Alex Reynolds vs. Isaiah Kassidy and Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy vs. Luther & Serptentico
- Devin Nicholson explains his departure from SWE in Texas saying: SWE Fury head booker Teddy Long told him to leave Texas and go back to Canada after a 6 month relationship with SWE Fury where Hannibal was their lead interviewer and operated SWE's youtube channel. He claimed he brought it from only 400 subscribers last November to nearly 20K subscribers this week when they released him. They were averaging about $1500/month in YouTube revenue from nothing. Hannibal gave them his Wrestlecon table to use and helped book and transport talent among other office duties. Long also unbooked Shane Douglas and Scorpio from future SWE Events despite Hannibal already buying their plane tickets. Hannibal was Texas Champion as his Blood Hunter character it remains to be seen how they will handle that but as they owe him money he is keeping the Title.
- Here is the Tony Deppen ROH TV title win over Tracy Williams.
- SHWA on Saturday night in Western Australia: Zenith b Cal Collins, Michael Morleone over James Hartness & Casey Johns via DQ, Chris Target b Taylor King, Chadwick Jacks b Jordan Bishop to keep Pride title, Great George b Bruno Nitro Twitch and Antonio Carrano, Julian Ward b Blake Walker, Ryan Rives & Jules Canan b Jarrad Slate & Fenix Young to win SHWA tag titles
- Melbourne Championship Wrestling from Saturday night in Melbourne: Slex b Royce Chambers, Rocky Menaro b Tyson Baxter, Tome Filip & Stevie Filip b Brat Pack in a tornado rules match, Mikey Broderick b Tony Villani, Caveman Ugg b Gore, Lochy Hendricks b Ritchie Taylor in a street fight, Adan Brooks b Robbie Eagles to keep the MCW title (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- Wheeler Yuta won the IWTV Independent championships beating Lee Morarity on the Thursday night Beyond Wrestling show in a match getting raves and going more than 50:00.
- The NOAH show on 5/30, the annual Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial Show, will air live on FITE with English commentary.
- XICW from last night in Standish, MI: Royce Carney III b Nelson Edwin Robert Doolittle, Adam Wick over Jack Price and Alex Weir, Mike Idol & Jamie Race b Eric Freedom & Kavan O'Reilly, Dre Jacobs b Mysterious Movado, Jamie Coxxx b Cody Deaner, Tommy Vendetta b Justin Dream, Mongo & Danny Shay & Billy Ray Daniels b TJ Meyer & Soultaker & Jheras Grey, Kongo Kong b LJ Lawrence, Rhino & DBA b Kevin Kalloway & Sean Tyler, Aaron Orion b Malcolm Monroe III to win Midwest title (thanks to Leonard Brand)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Jerry Lawler wins AWA World title
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today