- NJPW Super J-Cup 2020 winner crowned
- Kenny Omega-Karl Anderson have reunion at Impact Final Resolution
- X-Division title changes hands at Impact Final Resolution
- NJPW Super J-Cup live results: A winner is crowned
- AAA TripleMania XXVIII live results: Kenny Omega vs. Laredo Kid
- Impact Final Resolution live results: Rich Swann vs. Chris Bey
- UFC 256 live results: Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp(Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS(s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
The fallout of Impact's Winter is Coming show is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. We look at how AEW is doing compared to Raw in different demos, the Sting interview this past week, how AEW's numbers for segments have risen as well as the biggest AEW quarters of this year.
Also in this issue:
Kenny Omega/Don Callis dynamic, the odes to the past they have copied in their angle, debut of Tony Khan as a television performer in the interview on Impact, how close Winter is Coming actually came to being No. 1 for the night on cable, Tony Schiavone's appearances years ago in TNA and what angle Vince Russo wanted to do with him, executives who vowed to not be TV performers and how that changed.
Major match teased on Impact, as well as the background of the Omega-Callis alliance and when the idea was first broached.
Television ratings for Impact and the surprises, as well as streaming numbers, and what major message that sends about the appeal of Omega in some places and not in others, as well as the number of people who ended up seeing the interview segment.
NXT Takeover War Games, the good, the not-so-good, the next destination show, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results.
TLC, have a lot of notes about where things do and don't stand with the 2021 WrestleMania, the actual story of how Bill Goldberg's streak came to be and what it came from, and how it was ruined and lost popularity. We also look back at the end of WCW.
HHH brings up some notes on Undertaker, WWE women popularity on social media, new WWE TV characters, new gimmicks, WWE stars on new television show, how WWE & AEW programming is doing internationally, how it is doing compared to other sports, more on the lawsuit against Matt Riddle & WWE and Riddle's sides key arguments for dismissal, Johnny Gargano talks NXT goal, injury updates, Tyler Bate's return, WWE market value and most-watched shows this past week on the WWE Network.
New Japan's first show back in Fukuoka, to decide the Best of the Super Junior and World tag league finals. We look at both tournaments, as well as the business notes, the big announcement on the show, as well as match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results.
UFC weekend coverage with the stories behind the card, what's next, effects of COVID and much more. We look at the business notes on the show and fight-by-fight coverage.
NOAH Chronicle and in particular, the Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura match-of-the-year candidate.
The short but very memorable pro wrestling career of Tom "Tiny" Lister and his run as Zeus, what he was known for out of wrestling and more.
WWE 2020 award nominations as well as one voter talks about favorites for Japan's Tokyo Sports awards.
Detailed look at the television business, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Our weekend show covering all the major shows from Friday and Saturday is up on the site now. We're looking for your thoughts on TripleMania, New Japan's Budokan Hall show, New Japan's Super J Cup and UFC 256, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to everyone for the nice thoughts this past week. Jim Valley is doing better. My mother is not in pain and watching her favorite movies and that's as good as can be expected at this point.
As far as the scoring of the Figueiredo vs. Moreno fight, Judge Derek Cleary gave 48-46 on rounds one, three and give for Figueiredo, a 9-9 third round and only round four for Moreno. Judge Sal D'Amato's 47-47 score was rounds one and five for Figuieredo, two and four for Moreno and a 9-9 third. Judge Junichiro Kamijo had one and two for Fuguieredo, four and five for Moreno and a 9-9 third. I had one, two and five for Figuieredo and a 10-8 third and 10-9 fourth for Moreno. In fan voting, the majority of fans had the same rounds the same way as I did. In total, MMA decisions reported 41.3 percent had it a draw, 31.0 percent had it for Figuieredo and 24.4 percent had it for Moreno. Media scores were 52 percent a draw and 48 percent for Figuieredo and none for Moreno. Dana White said that due to the draw, he is looking to rematch the fight as soon as possible.
As of earlier today, last night's TripleMania had 591,000 views on YouTube. The last two matches, Kenny Omega vs. Laredo Kid and Pagano vs. Chessman hair vs. hair are pretty much must-see matches, particularly given the handicap of virtually no fans (there were about 20 people allowed in). The injury situation wasn't too bad. Mr. Iguana's stuff was legit. He was knocked silly on a dropkick in the corner. Pagano and Chessman were beat up but that's a given, but no serious injuries. Kenny Omega seemed fine after his dive and Michael Nakazawa was fine as well. Murder Clown could have had a bad situation but L.A. Park saved him.
Omega in a backstage interview gave the indication his next title defense in Mexico will be against El Hijo del Vikingo, which has the chance to be an incredible match. Omega will be on Impact on Tuesday as well as wrestling Joey Janela in a no DQ match on Dynamite on Wednesday.
- Currently announced for Wednesday's NXT TV show is Pete Dunne vs. Kyle O'Reilly, the winner gets Finn Balor in an NXT title match on 1/6 plus Rhea Ripley vs. Toni Storm and Karrion Kross wrestles. In theory this should be more competitive than the prior two weeks were.
- ROH will be announcing its new PPV card on Friday during the one-hour pre-show. The plan is to create new storyline reasons for all the changes. The card needed changes due to the losses of Kenny King, Flamita, Bandido and EC3 due to the company's COVID restrictions.
- Nothing from pro wrestling this week trended on Google. UFC 256 last night was No. 3 with 550,000 searches, which indicates a very low PPV number, but we knew that going in. That said, the Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno was one of the two best fights in UFC of 2020, and many people are calling the show from start-to-finish the show of the year.
- Other Google trending numbers for combat sports over the past week were Anthony Joshua No. 8 yesterday with 200,000. Kevin Holland showed he had star power as he was No. 20 yesterday with 50,000. On Thursday, the death of Tom "Tiny" Lister, who played Zeus in WWE, was No. 2 with 2 million. Last Sunday, Logan Paul was no. 2 with 1 million searches.
- There is a major sports story from the past few days regarding University of Florida forward Keyontae Johnson, who at last word was in critical but stable condition at a hospital, the team reported Sunday, one day after he collapsed on the court during a game at Florida State. The Southeastern Conference’s preseason player of the year was moved to a stretcher and carried off the court as teammates, coaches, staff, fans and others watched in disbelief. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, he was standing and suddenly fell forward and landed on his face. His eyes were open and he had blood on his face and neck, according to photos obtained by The Gainesville Sun. Johnson had tested positive for COVID-19 over the summer and his collapse was thought to be due to Myocarditis, a heart inflammation, and it brings up the possibility that the two are linked and possible longer-range complications of COVID and the ramifications of that in sports.
- A documentary on Kurt Angle's departure from WWE which includes me in it.
- The 12/22 and 12/29 editions of Impact will be year-in-review shows.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated will be working with MLW as on Wednesday's show they will announce the PWI official MLW top ten list.
- U.K. historian Tony Earnshaw has a new book covering British wrestling in the 80s, "The Saturday Afternoon War: British Wrestling in the 80s".
- In a new interview with seminal rock photographer Mark Weiss, there are photos from a Jesse Ventura/Ozzy Osbourne photo session in the 80s.
- SWE, which is former WCCW referee James Beard’s group. had Christi Jaynes winning the title last night (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- Combate Americas debuted a reality show on YouTube with the first episode up yesterday. The ten-episode series aired from 2014 starring Daddy Yankee,Royce Gracie will air with English subtitles. The show was Best Variety or Reality Series at the 2014 Imagen Awards show. The series featured Chinio, Nacho, former Miss Puerto Rico Cynthia Olavarria, Blue Demon Jr., and Eddie Alvarez.
- Due to government mandated COVID restrictions, the CWE December tour is being moved to February. The new dates are 2/5 in Winnipeg, 2/6 in Morden, Manitoba, 2/7 in Gladstone, Manitoba, 2/10 in Medicine Hat, Alberta, 2/11 in Calgary, 2/12 in Red Deer, 2/13 in St. Albert, Alberta and 2/14 in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- Fred Rosser is in a new reality series "The Making of an Off Broadway Musical". It airs for free this month on Theality TV.
- Mission Pro Wrestling from Friday night in Buda, TX: Miranda Gordy (Terry's daughter) b Killa Kata, JennaCide b Amber Rodriguez, Red Velvet b Rache Chanel, Jenna Lynn b Aleyah Mia Sweets, Baby D b Thunder Rosa (Baby D's retirement match), Raychell Rose b Blair Onyx, Madi Wrenkowski b Jezmin Allure, Kimber Lee b Allysin Kay, Rosa Negra b Lacey Ryan to become the first MPW champion in a 2/3 fall match. Madusa, Thunder Rosa, Red Velvet, Jazz and Robyn Reid came out to congratulate her after. This is Thunder Rosa's promotion (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Starrcade 1989
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today