UFC 194 is tomorrow night! Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo, and Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold. First we have a great fight tonight with Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes. The winner to most likely get a shot at the winner of McGregor vs Aldo.
UFC ON FRIDAY NIGHT FROM THE COSMOPOLITAN HOTEL IN LAS VEGAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 STARTING AT 8 P.M. EASTERN/5 P.M. PACIFIC
Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Abner Lloveras
Julian Erosa vs. Marcin Wrzossek
Geane Herrera vs. Joby Sanchez
Konstantin Kerokihn vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Jason Knight
Ryan LaFlare vs. Mike Pierce
Evan Dunham vs. Joe Lauzon
Ryan Hall vs. Artem Lobov in the TUF lightweight tournament finals
Edson Barboza vs. Tony Ferguson
Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes
Saturday we're looking for reports from the WWE show in Lewiston, ME and the NXT show in Seffield, England (headilned by Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin for the NXT title).
UFC 194 FROM THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS ON SATURDAY NIGHT
Fight Pass at 6:30 p.m. Eastern time
Marcio Alexandre Jr. vs. Court McGee
Yancy Medeiros vs. John Makdessi
Magomed Mustafaev vs. Joe Proctor
FS 1 at 8 p.m. Eastern time
Kevin Lee vs. Leonardo Santos
Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington
Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger vs. Tecia Torres
Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Saenz
PPV AT 10 p.m. Eastern time
Max Holloway vs. Jeremy Stephens
Gunnar Nelson vs. Demian Maia
Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Jacare Souza
Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold for the middleweight title
Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor for the featherweight title
WWE TLC PPV ON SUNDAY FROM THE TD GARDEN IN BOSTON
Sheaumus vs. Roman Reignns for WWE title in a TLC match
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose for IC title
New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Usos in a ladder match for tag tiltes
Charlotte vs. Paige in a Divas title match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger for the U.S. title in a chair match
Bray Wyatt & Erick Rowan & Luke Harper & Braun Strowman vs. Dudleys & Tommy Dreamer & Rhyno in a tables match
Sunday is almost NXT in Blackpool, England.
Raw will be Monday night in Philadelphia while NXT runs Monday night in Nottingham, England.
Smackdown will be taped Tuesday night in Newark, NJ while NXT runs Tueday night in Cardiff, Wale.
Figure Four Weekly
Figure Four Weekly 12/7/2015: McDevitt comments on concussion lawsuits
Details on Jerry McDevitt's comments on the ongoing concussion lawsuits against WWE, Alan discusses potential candidates for 2015's best rookie.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Coverage of the biggest weekend in UFC history, the stories behind the big matches, scouting the fighters, the business and handicapping the fights is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. We look at the promotion of the show, how changes in the UFC can affect the major fights, little things in each fight that haven't beentalked about, fugure for the winners and much more is looked at.
We also look at the New Japan Tokyo Dome show, the New Japan tag team tournament, what's new with A.J. Styles and his schedule, the controversy over the winners of the tournament and how it played out, New Japan business this past month and going forward, tournament standings and a rundown of the shows this past week.
We also have an update on Sting and his condition coming off the match with Seth Rollins, something to watch for about a very significant WWE employee, WWE increasing security at leve events, WWE putting up lots of new content on the network, why the Stampede tapes were taken down, Alberto Del Rio blames AAA for his not coming back and losingg the title, why the time-line of what he says doesn't add up, another new franchise movie idea for Dwayne Johnson, a new WWE movie annnounced, Mick Foley's son with WWE, Sami Zayn's return, Tommy Dreamer's schedule, WWE surveys, John Cena media, WWE and ESPN update, NXT taping news, Brock Lesnar schedule news, WWE firing, Del Rio & Colter alliance, as well as notes on all the NXT house shows from the past week as well as all the WWE house shows of the past week and the business from the last week.
We've got a look at this year's Tokyo Sports pro wrestling awards, all the winners, how the balloting went down, as well as a list of every MVP dating back to 1974, and why different people won the awards and the nature of the politicas behid the awards.
The Latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter: December 14, 2015 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Biggest weekend in UFC history, tons more
You can also order the print Observer right now and get it delivered to your door via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also order print issues at www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com
For the United States, it is $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can get one free classic issue of your choice sent to you today. With a 40 issue subscription, you can get two free classic issues sent to you today. We've got coverage of every major PPV event and world wide spectacular, every major star switching promotions, histories of companies like FMW, Rings and New Japan, retirement and obit issues of every major star who fits into those descriptions over the past 11 years, as well as our biggest issue every year, the annual awards issue, and our most controversial issue of every year, the Hall of Fame issue.
Click here for the most requested Wrestling Observer back issues.
TODAY'S DAILY UPDATE
This is totally nuts. A JetBlue flight heading from New York to Las Vegas turned around in mid-flight after two "Irish lads", one of whom had already created a disturbance and caused the flight to be delayed, got into a physical altercation apparently over Conor McGregor.
MMAFighting.com has a story up where you can read who various MMA stars are picking in the Conor McGregor vs. Jose Aldo Jr. fight tomorrow. Virtually everyone picks Aldo. A few years ago they polled the fighters for the first Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman fight. At the time, virtually everyone on the outside thought Anderson Silva was winning that fight, but UFC sent out a press release where nearly every fighter picked Weidman. It seemed like the usual UFC deal during Countdown specials where they try to build the best case possible for the underdog to drum up interest but, in fact, the fighters largely really did pick Weidman to win and Weidman won. Obviously anything can happen in a fight, but it's very interesting to read what fighters are thinking during a time that Aldo, the champion, is going in as an underdog as of a few days ago. Filthy Tom Lawlor on Monday's Figure Four Daily did change his mind this week and is now picking McGregor to win. It'll be interesting to see the odds after the weigh-in tonight given that both men for the first time ever had to make weight without the use of an IV, and that could change the game.
- WWE Network officially launches in Japan on January 5th, the day after the annual New Japan Tokyo Dome spectacular.
- Someone asked Joey Styles on Twitter why it was taking so long to get new TV episodes online, and he noted: "Because ECW illegally used music we had no rights to, it takes a looooong time to edit the episodes."
- WWE has a sneak peak of the Stone Cold/Shawn Michaels podcast that airs after TLC Sunday up on their website.
- Ronda Rousey told TMZ today that she wants Holly Holm at UFC 200. The article said she "came out of hiding today" and "looked fine". It also noted that, if you recall the story of the soldier inviting her to the Marine Corps Ball and her saying yes, even though she's in a lot of pain and psychologically all beat up, the ball is tonight and she's going.
- Add Joe Rogan to the list of those who think Holly should fight Miesha Tate prior to the Ronda Rousey fight, which would also give Rousey more time to heal up and work on her game. He said on his podcast that even if Miesha won you'd end up with a crazy "love triangle" where Ronda would have ready-made matches with both of them and they could rematch each other, plus if Holm beat Miesha she'd be building a legacy to make the Rousey fight even bigger when it happened.
- I sure hope this story is true. Sage Northcutt isn't allowed to use the Internet.
- UPDATE! It's not true. At the press conference last night, Sage joked that he was only allowed to use it for his school work, than admitted that whoever said it on Fight Pass (Jon Anik) was joking.
- The press conference should be available on Fight Pass. We're told that live (and probably on tape as well), he captivates the room at these things and comes off as a "happy-go-lucky robot".
- Shane writes: "The McGregor fight was featured on this evenings RTE News in Ireland which is the top news broadcast in the country. It was a piece ahead of the normal sports section which is rare for a sports story. It showed McGregor at his public workout and how it was the biggest fight of his career. It was mentioned a large number of Irish supporters coming to Vegas with bars stocking up on Guinness and a local band writing a song about McGregor."
- Want to thank Dan Masters (@DanStraightEdge) for doing a great job co-hosting the Bryan & Vinny Show last night. I literally talked to Dan for about 5 seconds before he was thrust on the air and he did an awesome job. He was one of four who donated to the latest Whale Scout Indiegogo campaign and earned a guest hosting gig, so there are more on the way. In the two years we've offered spots, every single guest host has done a great job (no pressure to those in the future!). The guest spots via Skype/phone are sold out, but we have ONE in-person spot available which includes airfare, hotel and a seat in the studio, plus tons of smaller perks at the Whale Scout Indiegogo site. This past weekend Whale Scout helped out at North Creek Forest, where they are converting a forest into a park, and helping to improve water quality and remove invasive species, so your donation, however big or small, helps with other habitat restoration projects as well. Thank you so much to everyone who has donated, and thank you again to Dan!
- The Rassle Rap charity festival tour continues tonight in Sauget Illinois at Pop's. Tickets : http://www.popsrocks.com. Details at insaneclownposse.Com and details on charity packages including being a lumberjack at www.HatchetGear.Com. Benefitting Saint Johns Children's Hospital in Illinois.
12-11 Sauget, Illinois - Pops!
12/12 Kokomo, Indiana - The Stage
12-13 Columbus, Ohio Newport Music Hall
12/16 Glen Jean, West Virginia - Glen Jean Armory
12/17 Cleveland, Ohio - Agora Theater
Here is today's FULL Daily Pro Wrestling History including International history: Daily pro wrestling history (12/11): WWWF and AWA World Titles defended on same card