- UFC 255 live results: Two flyweight title fights
- Sixteen matches, Britt Baker segment announced for AEW Dark
- WWE SmackDown overnight ratings up for final Survivor Series build
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Reigns-McIntyre contract signing
- NJPW Strong results: KENTA vs. David Finlay
- WWE 205 Live results: Tony Nese vs. Ashante 'Thee' Adonis
- SmackDown's WWE Survivor Series teams fully set
- WWE SmackDown live results: Survivor Series go-home show
- WOR: Kenny Omega talks AEW Dynamite, agenting, Jon Moxley 11/20
- F4D: Lance Storm monthly video Q&A! 11/20
Latest Free YouTube Video:
A look at the issues involving the firing of Thea Budgen aka Zelina Vega, as well as a number of historical stories regarding issues with talent and management is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
We explain why the ending was inevitable based on the circumstances, look at WWE and SAG AFTRA, Andrew Yang, Gabrille Carteris and the different players involved in the story. We look at what wrestlers and fighters earn as compared to other top athletes and why the discrepancy, what the Saudi Arabia flight story showed, what is fair for WWE to do and what isn't, complaints by talent regarding an exemption, as well as a number of historical stories related to the topic that feature such names as Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura, Superstar Billy Graham, Ivan Koloff (twice), Johnny Valentine and many others.
Also in this issue:
Update to the Survivor Series card with changes and injury notes.
WWE's move to Tropicana Field in a few weeks.
New Japan's Super Juniors and tag team tournaments, this week's schedule and updates.
Seth Rollins' schedule, Alexa Bliss engagement, NXT Takeover notes, lots of WWE injury updates, Undertaker answers retirement questions, Miz talks why he moved to Texas, description of new President Nick Khan, how WWE & AEW did compared to other sports this past week, WWE and AEW ratings in Canada and England, WWE market value and the most-watched shows on the WWE Network for the past week.
Saturday's UFC show, the background and match-by-match coverage.
Dragon Gate's Kobe World show, the biggest show of the year from Japan's second largest company.
Why television networks should be interested in purchasing UFC or WWE outright as far as a long-term investment that will pay off in the long run.
Television business, with ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Kelly Kelly, Rey Mysterio, Dominick Mysterio, Billie Kay, Apollo Crews, Angel Garza, Tamina, Ever-Rise, Shotzi Blackheart, and more will appear on tomorrow’s Survivor Series edition of WWE Watch Along.
- While appearing on the SI Media Podcast this week, The Undertaker claimed that he doesn't know exactly what he’ll be doing for his Final Farewell at Survivor Series: “You’ve got about as much knowledge as I do. Um [laughter]... only thing I can safely say is at some point I will make an entrance and go to the ring and address the WWE Universe. And -- that’s about as much as I know right now, tell you the truth.”
- The limited number of Undertaker Cameos that were made available have now sold out. Thirty Cameos were available for purchase at $1,000 each.
- A limited edition Undertaker X Snoop Dogg merchandise collection is now available.
- The Undertaker appeared on this week’s episode of Hot Ones.
- Drew McIntyre told Fox Sports about the difference between winning the WWE Championship in the ThunderDome instead of the Performance Center: “Yeah. The whole experience was different being in the ThunderDome. Being in an arena, having that real-time reaction from the ThunderDome and the fact that I was running around in my kilt again, with a giant ass Claymore and fire going on, it was special from that perspective. For sure. When it comes down to it, winning the title feels the same, but it was cool to have the fans there reacting in real-time. To have my wife watching me for the first time in a World title match, even in just the ThunderDome, she was in the background, which meant a lot to me too. But yeah, to have my big sword and kilt and pyro on top of it was awesome. “
- In an interview with SPORF Wrestling, Trent Seven was asked about Tyler Bate’s status with Bate having yet to appear on NXT UK since its return from hiatus: “Yeah, I’ve spoke to him obviously here and there and you know, been around to his house and met up with him and stuff . And you know, this year has been incredibly complex for everyone, you know what I mean? I feel like no matter who you are in the wrestling industry, the year 2020 has taken a bit of a toll on you. So there’s a big part of it where he’s had to… he’s had to do a little bit of soul searching. He’s had to go have a look at how he spends his money, how he lives his life, how he -- the time he spends away from wrestling, what kind of influences is Tyler Bate looking at to improve his life, you know what I mean? There’s so many little aspects of things -- and we have to remember and we have to remind ourselves, this guy is 22 years old. He won the UK Championship at the age of 19. That’s not a normal life for anyone. There are no 19 year olds on the planet that are WWE champions. It’s career-defining, and I think a lot of responsibility and a lot of power got put on Tyler’s shoulders at such a young age and I feel like that’s the point of this last year is him learning how to deal with that and like, him learning how to cope with the fame and how to cope with the pressure and how to cope with the limelight so, yeah. He’s been okay man. But, it’s a humongous learning curve for someone at the age of 22 to learn going into being a WWE champion.”
- Sasha Banks spoke to Bleacher Report ahead of Survivor Series.
- TalkSport has an interview with Paul Heyman.
- Michael Cole was the guest on the most recent episode of the Gorilla Position podcast.
- A contestant on TBS’ revival of Wipeout died after going into cardiac arrest following the completion of an obstacle course. John Cena is a host and executive producer of the series.
- WWE has filed trademarks for “The Big Dog,” “The Goddess,” and “The Queen.”
- Today is Nikki and Brie Bella’s 37th birthday.
- WWE posted a video with past and present 205 Live roster members explaining why 205 Live is so important to them.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded The Undertaker vs. Triple H in a no DQ match from Super Show-Down 2018, John Morrison vs. Sheamus from Survivor Series 2010, and the Raw vs. SmackDown vs. NXT women’s elimination match from Survivor Series 2019.
- Every ROH title will be on the line at Final Battle on December 18, which means that Jonathan Gresham will be wrestling twice and defending both his ROH Pure Championship and the ROH Tag Team titles. Gresham holds the Tag Team titles with Jay Lethal. ROH World Champion Rush, Television Champion Dragon Lee, and Six-Man Tag Team Champions Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus will also have title defenses.
- ROH also announced that Tony Deppen will be in action at Final Battle.
- People published a story on Renee Paquette and Jon Moxley expecting their first child. Paquette spoke about deciding a name for the baby: "We don't even know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but we have options for both scenarios! My maternal instinct is telling me it's a girl. We'll see if I'm right! Naming a person is crazy; it's a lot of pressure to get it right. But I think we'll probably lean towards something classic and timeless!"
- Joey Janela congratulated Sonny Kiss on getting his college degree: “Congratulations to @SonnyKissXO on championship that most of us wrasslers wont win and that’s a college degree! Thanks for being a great tag partner and a positive influence on my bitter ass every Wednesday!”
- MLW’s Court Bauer appeared on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Bret Hart wins WCW World title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today