- WWE NXT viewership up slightly, 18-49 demo rating falls
- WWE NXT’s Nikkita Lyons suffers torn ACL and meniscus
- Ric Flair says he apologized to Becky Lynch at WWE Raw 30
- Impact Bound for Glory, two other event weekends heading to Chicago
- Charlotte Flair reveals dental surgeries led to extended WWE absence
- Report: Big Kon signs multi-year deal with Impact Wrestling
- Tony Khan reveals some details on Jay Briscoe ROH tribute show
- Jay Briscoe funeral taking place Sunday, vigil set for tonight
- No ropes catch wrestling match announced for MLW SuperFight
- Britt Baker injured, removed from AEW Dynamite triple threat match
- Strong Tag Team title match set for NJPW Battle in the Valley
- Triple threat tag team match set for next week's WWE NXT
- Women's Tag Team title match added to NXT Vengeance Day
- AEW Dark results: Britt Baker vs. Billie Starkz
- Brian Cage's AEW contract reportedly set to expire soon
- Wrestling Observer Live: Jay Briscoe tribute AEW, Britt Baker, dentistry, NXT report
- Big Audio Nightmare: Kiyomiya, Okada, and the kick heard 'round the world
- Bryan & Vinny & Craig & Shawn Show: RAW S2:E6, plus Granny and more!
- Speak Now: Toxic Attraction tricks us, NXT review
- We're Live, Pal: WWE Royal Rumble preview, Steve Austin, Mark Briscoe
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
*Performer and match of the week
*Details of the settlement of the Rita Chatterton case
*McMahon suing Chatterton 20 ears ago and details behind that
*What role Vince McMahon has played since returning and what was originally said that has been accurate and things that have already changed, including new office people back and old ones being gone
*The latest lawsuit against WWE for bringing back Vince
*Analysts look at the different sale possibilities
*More on Stephanie leaving
*Nick Khan talks the company and hat he said that does and doesn't make sense
*Where Dwayne Johnson stands
*Tony Khan talks about his interest in buying WWE
*Dwayne Johnson talks the sale of WWE
*A look at how UFC's talks with Francis Ngannou fell through and where Ngannou could go next and whether he can return
*Royal Rumble update, who is in, how tickets are moving
*Details on the new MLW TV title with Reelz
*Impact Hard to Kill coverage including PPV numbers
*Saturday's UFC coverage
*AAA announces big show schedule or 2023 and return of Alberto with Konnan explaining why and we talk about it
*Cage match and Wrestling Observer's list of the best in-ring wrestles of 2022 based on matches
*What wrestlers were in the most great matches and to 50 of modern times as well as what cities have had the best wrestling.
*Dana White's Power Slap debut and how it was received
*The most detailed look at te ratings for all the national shows and segment by segment Numbers
*What promotions drew the most fans in Japan n 2022
*Update on another date for Mercedes Mone in New Japan and the Sakura Genesis highlights
*New Japan and Stardom quarterly business numbers
*More on death of Black Warrior
*Ric Flair new endorsement deal
*One of the biggest feuds of the 70s comes alive through each man's son this past week
*Lots of WrestleMania week news
*How AEW got Kushida
*Danielson talks Takeshita
*More on CM Punk and Colt Cabana in AEW
*AEW gets international TV upgrade
*New documentary on former AEW star
*Dana White talks punishment
*Mike Swick talks cancer battle
*PPV numbers for the shows over the weekend
*Cena WrestleMania note
*News no three major WWE cuts
*What independent promotion has not yet been dropped by WWE for Peacock
*International TV rights
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
- December 12, 2005 Observer Newsletter: WWE begins exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death, drug testing policy coverage
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
- This week’s episode of The Bump, featuring The Brawling Brutes, Raquel Rodriguez, and Roxanne Perez.
- Bloomberg reports that a third lawsuit has been filed against Vince McMahon and WWE in relation to his return to power. WWE shareholders Carole Casale and Chrystal Lavalle are aiming to keep their lawsuit separate from the other two suits.
- LA Knight and Paul Heyman will be guests on a special Royal Rumble edition of The Bump that will air Saturday.
- D-Von Dudley will be part of the panel for the upcoming WWE Rivals series that will air on February 19 on A&E.
- Dana Brooke is running a 5K for foster children in Florida.
- The company filed a trademark for the term “Emma” on January 20.
- Content added to WWE’s YouTube channel today: Michelle McCool vs. Maryse from Unforgiven 2008, Becky Lynch vs. Doudrop from Royal Rumble 2022, and The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio from Royal Rumble 2010.
- Eddie Kingston is pulling out of European events this weekend in order to attend Jay Briscoe’s funeral.
- After Ric Flair criticized his chops on a recent podcast, Konosuke Takeshita wrote on Twitter: “I have the utmost respect for Ric Flair. It is incredible to me that he mentioned me. I need to practice a lot as I haven't done much chopping in Japan. Thanks for the advice. I would like you to actually teach me if possible. Watch my chops grow from now on.”
- Valarie Coleman, the wife of Superstar Billy Graham, provided an update on his health on Facebook: "Wayne is on day 19 in the hospital but will soon be moved to a skilled nursing facility to continue rehab and physical therapy. He will continue his IV antibiotics for a long time…possibly 6 months….I will never be able to thank you enough for always being here. Please continue to lift him up. God bless each and everyone of you! I’m beyond blessed to have you in my life."
- AAA have announced teams for their Lucha Libre World Cup. They are as follows:
- Mexico 1: Psycho Clown, Alberto El Patron, Hijo del Vikingo
- Mexico 2: Tausurs, Pentagon Jr., and Laredo Kid
- US: Sam Adonis, Johnny Caballero, and Christopher Daniels
- Canada: Josh Alexander, Vampiro, PCO
- Europe: Thomas Latimer, Joe Hendry, Heddi Karaoui
- Japan: La Estrella, Kuuaki, Nishikawa
- Latin America: Carlito, Hip Hop Man, Zumbi
- Rest of the World: Classy Ali, Rage, Bhupinder Gujar
- The women’s tournament will consist of:
- Mexico: Sexy Star II, Flammer, La Hiedra
- US: Deonna Purrazzo, Kamille, Jordynne Grace
- Japan: Emi Sakura, AKINO, Mayumi Ozaki
- Rest of the World: Christi Jaynes, Taya, Natalia Marakova
- Speedball Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham, Jordan Oliver vs. Alex Shelley, Kommander vs. Arez, and Lio Rush vs. Tony Deppen has been announced for the opening round of the JCW Jersey J Cup. The show will take place over two sessions on February 11.
- Ice Ribbon has announced the formation of a new sister promotion, “Hot Shushu”. Trainee recruitment is ongoing and will be open for all genders.
- Bandido vs. Gringo Loco has been announced for GCW Eye for an Eye on March 17.