- AEW Dynamite live results: Winter is Coming
- Negro Casas, Bandido off GCW's Blood on the Hills event
- WWE NXT viewership down, demo rating up against big NBA game
- Kevin Owens re-signs multi-year deal with WWE
- WWE interested in MJF as Fox, USA Network take notice
- KENTA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP US title no DQ match set in NJPW
- AEW's Tony Khan hints at debuts over next few weeks
- WWE NXT video highlights: Ciampa attacks Breakker
- Jeff Hardy announces acoustic concert tour
- NJPW crowns Best of the Super Juniors 28 winner
- WOL: Kevin Owens re-signs with WWE, AEW Winter is Coming, more! 12/15
- JNPO: MMA year in review - Q2 2021 12/15
- B&V&G&C: RAW episode 5 plus Granny segment and more! 12/14
- Speak Now: NXT 2.0 full show review 12/14
JOB LISTING: Wikipedia guru
- Do you have experience writing Wikipedia pages? Please contact Tony Leder at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- WWE fires Jeff Hardy
- The career of Blackjack Lanza
- Match and performer of the week
- Triplemania Regia
- NXT War Games and futures of O'Reilly & Gargano
- Another WWE star contract expires and what is next
- Why Reigns vs. Lesnar is on the WWE Day 1 show
- Movement in ticket sales after Reigns vs. Lesnar was announced
- WWE NIL program, who are the athletes, their background and what does the program actually entail
- What WWE's new signees tell us about what they are looking for regarding men and women headliners
- More details on the top stars in WWE and salary structure
- This past week's ratings
- International TV ratings and how WWE & AEW viewership differs by age group in Canada
- Live attendance, what have AEW & WWE done compared to each other since both went back to touring
- Holiday time and format changes for WWE & AEW shows
- Streaming numbers for WWE & AEW
- Most in-demand tickets right now in pro wrestling
- Ticket sales for every major upcoming pro wrestling event between now and Royal Rumble
- The realities of wrestling TV viewing, plus DVR numbers for every major show
- What young wrestler is getting a megapush due to rumors of them considering leaving
- All Japan tag team tournament
- NOAH's return to Budokan Hall
- Major announcement at NJPW show Wednesday
- Update on NJPW Junior heavyweight and tag team tournaments
- Story behind a 1970s lawsuit that revealed promoter controlled title
- UFC show, this week's show, plus business notes
- UFC star voted into boxing Hall of Fame
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Rapper Westside Gunn was shown in the crowd at last night’s NXT. After the show, WWE posted a video with Gunn talking about being a lifelong wrestling fan.
- When shown footage of the incident where indie wrestler Hannibal stabbed a referee, The Miz told TMZ Sports that it didn’t look like an accident and said that Hannibal should be banned from all wrestling shows going forward.
- On Excuse Me: The Vickie Guerrero Show, Mick Foley was asked which of his “Faces of Foley” is his favorite:
I love being Cactus. At the time I was doing it, I enjoyed being Dude Love for two months during the ‘Summer of Love’ [in 1997]. But when November rolled around and I was still dancing in the ring, I was like, ‘Oh. This character has run its course.' But I love being Dude Love on Cameo videos. It’s the hokiest. Dude has reinvented himself as a lounge singer. So, I do birthday songs. (Foley sings badly) So I love doing it.
But if I had to pick one I would pick Mankind. Latter-day Mankind. And the reason is -- I didn’t realize it at the time, but that latter-day Mankind character was really connecting with people who didn’t feel like they fit in. So it was kind of a sense of -- a source of -- we’re supposed to take people’s minds off their problems and entertain. But it took me years to find out that people were connecting and felt a kinship with this guy who didn’t quite fit in but found a way to become a big deal anyway.
- Sami Zayn, Kofi Kingston, Carmelo Hayes, and Trick Williams appeared on WWE’s The Bump this morning.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. Seth Rollins in a steel cage match from the December 15, 2014 episode of Raw, The Hart Dynasty vs. The Usos & Tamina from Fatal 4-Way 2010, and Edge vs. A-Train from Armageddon 2002.
- Ahead of his AEW World Championship match against Hangman Page at Winter is Coming tonight, Bryan Danielson spoke to Sports Illustrated about Page’s wrestling style: “I love his updated brawler style of wrestling. To me, he wrestles a modernized version of the way Steve Austin wrestled, and that cowboy persona reminds a lot of people of Steve Austin. But in 2021, you can’t come in and be just like Steve Austin. He’s developed this nuanced cowboy character with a drinking problem.”
- Bleacher Report interviewed Page about tonight’s match:
Well, I faced someone who has often been called the best in the world at Full Gear and beat him quicker than when Bryan ultimately wasn't able to. So there's pressure, but not insurmountable pressure.
I think I'm more excited for the match than I would have been a year or two ago. I feel good now about who I am as a wrestler, and I'm more excited for the match than anything. It's not something that I anticipated or had even crossed my mind as a possibility until the day after Full Gear. But now we're here and I'm honestly kind of tired of waiting.
- Pro Wrestling Tees announced that Hook had their best-selling T-shirt this past week, marking the first time since August 20 that CM Punk hasn’t had the top-selling shirt: “For the first time since Aug 20th, @cmpunk is no longer the top selling shirt of the week on @shopaew. That now belongs to @730hook!
- Joey Janela will face Sonny Kiss in a no rules match on AEW Dark in two weeks.
- This week’s edition of ROH Week By Week featured tributes from ROH alumni speaking about the end of an era for the company. Some of the tributes also aired on Final Battle, while others aired for the first time on Week By Week. Jay Lethal, Eddie Edwards, Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page, Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer, The Young Bucks, Adam Cole, Jerry Lynn, CM Punk, Moose, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson, and Colt Cabana all gave tributes to the promotion.
- Johnny Gargano’s first Twitch stream since becoming a free agent took place last night. Gargano thanked everyone for the response the stream received: “The response to my first stream last night was freaking wild! You all sure know how to make a kid feel special! THANK YOU guys! Hopefully it was good..”
- Kylie Rae will make her return to GCW at the promotion’s Say You Will show in Hoffman Estates, Illinois on Saturday, January 15.
- Jordynne Grace has been announced for Terminus’ debut show in Atlanta on Sunday, January 16.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWE Armageddon 2002
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today