- Banks vs. Belair to main event WWE WrestleMania 37 night one
- WWE Championship match to open night one of WrestleMania 37
- Impact Wrestling ratings up for Thursday debut
- Davey Richards returning to pro wrestling next month for GSW
- Violence Unlimited to make ROH in-ring debut
- Four matches announced for AEW Dark: Elevation
- Update on Becky Lynch’s potential return to WWE
- WWE selling first NFTs, collection to showcase Undertaker moments
- WOL: JIM VALLEY returns to talk WrestleMania with Bryan and Mike, plus news!
- Wrestling Weekly: Last Wednesday War, Mania preview and predictions
- B&V: Bryan and Vinny review AEW and NXT head-to-head! Takeover Night 1 and 2!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
WON NEWSLETTER: April 12, 2021 Observer Newsletter: WrestleMania 37 week begins
A preview to WrestleMania leads off the current issue of the Wrestling Observer. We look at each match, thoughts on the match, who are the gambling oddsmaker favorites, chart ticket demand with Mania and the next two UFC PPV shows, rules in play, and non-WrestleMania ticket demand.
Also in this issue:
End of the Wednesday night war with the final standings, cover the two Takeover shows, look at television vs. streaming viewership, Canadian numbers, final stands in shows and quarters, and where AEW and NXT go from here.
Takeover with match-by-match coverage with star ratings and other notes from the shows.
Vince McMahon's decision to put the Chris Jericho interview on Peacock right after the second day of WrestleMania, why the timing works, how Tony Khan reacted, the good, the bad, the political, a preview of something talked about and how this does show a change in WWE policy.
The death of Jack Veneno, a look at his four world title matches with Ric Flair, Dominican wrestling, the story about the world title change that wasn't approved by the NWA board, as well as the movies on his life and career that have been produced. We look at the level of fame he had in the Dominican Republic and outside the Dominican Republic.
A feature on the direction of AEW, where the viewership declines are and aren't, reasons, and changes in AEW television over the past year as well as a look at different stars and how much time they are getting.
Nick Khan talking the return of two of WWE's best known women stars, A.J. Styles' idea for this year's Mania that didn't happen, Roman Reigns talks a match with The Rock, looking at the popularity of all the major promotions and who is gaining and falling, WWE gets rid of longtime announcing team, The Hurt Business breakup, Paul Levesque talks Undertaker's comments on the modern generation, how pro wrestling did compared to televised sports this past week, Seth Rollins talks fans at TV, A&E wrestling schedule, and WWE market value.
Will Ospreay's win of the IWGP title, the history of U.K. wrestlers challenging for New Japan's world title, business updates including bad news for New Japan going into two stadium shows, why the title changed, other angles, all the upcoming streaming shows and major shows over the next month and some good business news as well.
Sakura Genesis, with match-by-match coverage and star ratings.
WWE Hall of Fame ceremonies, go through the candidates, note speeches, the major gaffe in one of the inductions and a look back at a pioneer wrestling family that is never talked about.
U.S. Olympic wrestling trials, the major confrontations, the stars of the team, plus stars of the future to watch out for.
Stardom PPV show.
More into detail on ratings than any other source, we have how every segment on NXT and AEW did as well as how it did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
Garrett Gonzalez and I will be doing a show tonight talking all the latest news from wrestling and MMA, and we'll have shows Saturday, Sunday and Monday with Bryan Alvarez talking WrestleMania and Raw.
Smackdown tonight is built around two matches originally considered for WrestleMania, the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and the four-way for the Smackdown tag titles with Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode vs. Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. Street Profits vs. Chad Gable & Otis.
AEW is doing its first house show tonight in Jacksonville. The show was just about sold out this morning with about 100 tickets left.
A story with me talking about WrestleMania on Tampa radio with Mark Schrenier.
We're doing polls this week for both Takeover shows and both WrestleMania shows, thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with best and worst matches on both shows to email@example.com.
Elle Magazine has a piece they've been working on for literally a few years on Becky Lynch.
A look at the British Parliament committee report on pro wrestling. (thanks to Lee Wall)
Stephanie McMahon talks WrestleMania with Bill Simmons.
A story on when Prince Phillip went to a major show in London for an all-star card at Royal Albert Hall. (thanks to Lee Wall)
Phillip, who passed away today at 99, was a fan and also attended a second show in July, 1968. At the 1963 show, he gave George Kidd a medal for Outstanding Performance as he was a big fan of technical wrestling. The show raised 10,000 pounds for His Royal Highness' Award Scheme. Some of the historical biggest names in U.K. history were on that show like Kidd, Billy Robinson, Mick McManus, Ian Campbell, John Da Silva and Jackie Pallo. (thanks to Bradley Craig)
UFC weigh-ins for tomorrow's show:
ESPN+ at Noon Eastern:
- Impa Kasanganay (170.5) vs. Sasha Palatnikov (170.5)
- Da Un Jung (205.5) vs. William Knight (205.5)
- Luis Saldana (145.5) vs. Jordan Griffin (145.5)
- Hunter Azure (135.5) vs. Jack Shore (136)
- Yorgan DeCastro (261.5) vs. Jarjis Danho (255.5)
- John Makdessi (153.5) vs. Ignacio Bahamondes (156.75), Bahamondes forfeits 20 percent of his purse to Makdessi
- Scott Holtzman (155.5) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (156)
- Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Joe Solecki (155.4)
ABC TV at 3 p.m. Eastern:
- Mike Perry (170) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (170.5)
- Nina Nunes (116) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115)
- Sam Alvey (186) vs. Julian Marquez (186)
- Sodiq Yusuff (146) vs. Arnold Allen (145.5)
- Kevin Holland (183.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (186)
- Nina Nunes was formerly known as Nina Ansaroff but is taking the name of her wife, Amanda Nunes. The scheduled Erin Blanchfield vs. Norma Dumont fight was canceled by the Nevada Athletic Commission due to Dumont missing weight by 3.5 pounds.
Bellator tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern on Showtime:
- Goiti Yamauchi (155.8) vs. Dan Moret (155.6)
- Cat Zingano (145.2) vs. Olivia Parker (145.4)
- Adam Borics (145.8) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (145.7)
- Liz Carmouche (125.4) vs. Vanessa Porto (126)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.6) in the light heavyweight tournament
- The Houston Chronicle notes Paul Boesch going into the WWE Hall of Fame. (thanks to Bob Nowak)
- Matt Riddle talks about wanting to wrestle RVD and his going from high school wrestler to UFC fighter to WWE.
- Edge talks WrestleMania with ITN Sports, as well as Bobby Lashley.
- WWE talent talks Bad Bunny for Billboard.com. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- An interview with Bronson Reed from Australia.
- Becky Lynch and Bayley have been added as new WWE athletes in the Ultimate Rivals video game.
- The WWE has been sending out refunds to people prorated regarding the dropping of the network. I was told that I'm being credited for $3.22 of the prorated remainder of my latest subscription.
- Anakin Rosa, the 15-year-old son of Thunder Rosa, had his first match at the Dogg Pound Dojo where his mother is a trainer, in San Antonio.
- Kevin Eck's weekly ROH news.
- Because of shows running long today, the shows on Title Match Network tonight from Florida will be starting later than originally scheduled (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- An article on the new book by John Arezzi, who we had on as a guest a few weeks ago.
- The PFL has announced a partnership with FPT TV in Vietnam for the 2021 season. FPT is the leading sports broadcaster in Vietnam. They've also inked a deal with ELEVEN in Portugal for the new season that starts 4/23. They will carry all the events this year.
- The PFL also announced that Loren Mack has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications. Mack has worked with the WEC, UFC and ONE in the past.
- Bellator light heavyweight Grand Prix odds from SportsBetting.ag: Vadim Nemkov +190 Yoel Romero +425 Ryan Bader +500 Anthony Johnson +700 Corey Anderson +1000 Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov +1000 Phil Davis +1400 Lyoto Machida +3300 For tonight Bader is a -290 favorite over Machida at +230
- IWF will be running the first Tuesday of every month going forward on CompoundMedia.com
- During an NHL game on NBC Sports network, announcer Bryan Boucher talked about how his coach used to wrestle as Little Brutus for Stampede Wrestling.(thanks to Barry Werner)
- During the TV show "The Goldbergs" on ABC, two of the characters had an argument over who had the better physique, Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage (thanks to Joe Puccio)
- Legacy Fighting on 4/16 at the Grand Casino Hotel & Resort in Shawnee, OK on Fight Pass is headlined by Aaron McKenzie (9-2-1) vs. Brandon Phillips (8-3).
- Alex Hammerstone vs. Milo Muertes for the National Open weight title will headline Wednesday's MLW Fusion show.
- Generational Championship Wrestling from earlier today in Tampa: Leila Grey b T-Gainz, Kayden Greene & Ronnie Rios b Sir Knight & Space Cowboy, Jake Painter b JC Vega, Danny Vegas & Hezekiah Hoskins & Jebediah Moss b The Make Its, Janai Kai b Killa Kate, Mr. King won six-way over Aaron Nova, Izzy James, Ron Bass Jr., Rey Fury and Speedy Ricky, , Culture Inc b The Mane Event-DQ, Lio Rush b KC Navarro (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Jim Crockett Promotions purchases UWF
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today