- WWE SmackDown overnight ratings steady with last week
- Double main event announced for AEW Dark: Elevation
- Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe to headline ROH TV 500th episode
- AEW announces full card for Friday's The House Always Wins
- Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier agree to trilogy fight at UFC 264
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Bryan lays out Reigns and Edge
- NJPW Strong results: Six-man tag team action
- WWE 205 Live results: Bolly-Rise vs. Nese & Daivari
- NJPW introducing New Japan Strong Openweight Championship
- Crews challenges Big E to Nigerian Drum Fight at WWE WrestleMania 37
- WOR: Jericho, WrestleMania 37 week, AEW/NXT ratings
- Speak Now: Logan Paul WWE debut, SmackDown recap
- F4D: LANCE STORM REVIEWS BRYAN VS. VINNY BATTEL OF THE EMPIRE
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
The end of the Wednesday night war is the lead story in the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
We look at the announcement, international implications, barbs back-and-forth, Paul Levesque's speech announcing the move to those who work at NXT, the Wednesday night stats with one week left, a look at the final head-to-head battle, advantages each side had going in, what lessons were shown by the Wednesday wars, where each side had the advantage and what lessons it says about what people want out of their wrestling.
NXT's move to Tuesday, what should happen with the ratings based on past examples, trajectory changes of late, the numbers each show has done in the past unopposed and what should and shouldn't be expected to happen over the next few weeks. We also look at the 2021 averages for AEW and NXT.
Also in this issue:
How the Endeavor IPO changes the UFC business and how the ESPN deal makes making the big money fights less important to UFC. We look at the value of a Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou fight, but where the big payoff goes and where the big expense goes.l We look at numbers Jones has talked about, the lightweight title, belts losing all credibility, and questions about Jones and Ngannou should a fight take place.
WWE Network shows migrating to Peacock, shows difficult to find, editing of shows, shows that had already been heavily edited, WWE next business report, how the new NFL scheduled affects Raw and WWE, Charly Caruso leaving and ESPN deal, Vince McMahon and Oliver Luck lawsuit update, William Shatner as wrestling fan decades ago, Glenn Jacobs honored, Rhea Ripley talks how she found out about her WrestleMania match, Paige talks wrestling again, writing team member let go, International TV ratings, how wrestling shows did s compared with sports programming this past week, Shawn Michaels talks superkicks, a look at the Hurt Business breakup, William Regal talks Sasha Banks, Hall of Fame news, and WWE market value.
UFC 260, with the background of the show, match-by-match coverage, business notes and poll results.
WWE heading into WrestleMania, the main event story behind the story the build up, business notes, ticket sales, NXT Takeover, plus updated lineups.
Andrade's different interviews talking why he left, the Charlotte Flair pregnancy test story, the COVID story, the Saudi Arabia trip, where he may wind up, offers made by WWE, what he wants out of his career, and what angle suggested for him that was nixed.
ROH 19th anniversary show, with highlights, match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results.
2021 Hodge trophy award voting and why there were two winners even with the voting not close.
Non-WWE shows during WrestleMania weekend, from AEW to Game Changer, ticket sales and more.
More into detail on ratings than any other source, we have how every segment on NXT and AEW did as well as how it did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Later this month, 10 more episodes of WWF Superstars will be added to Peacock/WWE Network as this month’s classic content upload. A WWE 24 episode focused on The Miz is also listed among this month’s Peacock/WWE Network additions.
- Drew McIntyre told Wrasslinews that he'll be happy if his WWE Championship match against Bobby Lashley either opens or closes WrestleMania 37 night one: “I mean, I would be happy opening the show or closing the show. This year is so unique in the sense that the last match -- every match at WrestleMania is a main event. Let’s be realistic, if you’re on WrestleMania, you’re in a main event, but when you’re fighting for the championship, generally it’s cool to close the show. This is such a unique WrestleMania, without having the fans there for an entire year, that first reaction is gonna be so, so special. So that’s why I said if I finish last, the last match -- that’s phenomenal! That’s fantastic! That’s tradition! But if I’m in the opening match, to me that’s also just as big because if you get to walk out in that first match and get the crowd full of energy and all those pent up reactions that we’ve been keeping inside for a year, that’s gonna be special too. So, either way I’m happy!”
- On his Arn podcast, Arn Anderson discussed working with Kevin Owens in WWE: “I’m hoping it’s gotten better, I think Kevin Owens, when he first got [to WWE] should’ve been used right out of the get go as a babyface. Forget about the fact that he doesn’t have a world class body, once I saw that first night he wrestled John Cena, man [the fans] were soundly behind the guy. There were a lot of times, I told Kevin this, he was a pain in the ass arguing over trivial things. They really didn’t matter. It would be a long drawn out decision, he and I have had this talk before, I hope he’s doing better. It was just, as a producer, you had guys that you saw your name written down beside and you went ‘This is going to be a piece of cake today’ or ‘Man, I’m in for a long day.’”
- WWE Shop has released a KO-Mania V T-shirt for Owens.
- Bianca Belair will be appearing on Monday's episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show.
- WWE has launched an official WrestleMania mobile app.
- Ahead of WrestleMania 37, WWE will be streaming a live conversation with Roman Reigns and Kayla Braxton on Clubhouse at 6 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday (April 6).
- Mick Foley wrote about getting his first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine: “MY FIRST COVID SHOT! One down, one to go. It was easy and almost painless too! I got my appointment through @Walgreens”
- In an interview with Wrestling Inc, Steve Austin spoke about the competition between WWE and AEW: “Man, I love it. I think it’s competition by proxy just because they’re wrestling, WWE’s wrestling, but I don’t think they’re directly trying to compete. But in essence, they are and I love it because it gives more people within any of this jobs. It gives more people a chance to work. And it makes WWE, you know, forces them to push the envelope rather than just sit back and push out content. Competition makes everybody better.”
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship from WrestleMania 34, Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E for the WWE Tag Team titles from WrestleMania 29, and Keith Lee vs. Johnny Gargano for the NXT North American Championship from TakeOver: In Your House.
- Christian Cage told Entertainment Tonight Canada about re-watching his AEW debut match against Frankie Kazarian with Edge: “Yeah, I did, actually. So he’s actually staying at my house. Yeah, because obviously SmackDown and Raw are here in Tampa so we watched it together. He was very happy for me and was very complimentary of it. And of course, we always both kind of nitpick and give each other constructive criticism and those sorts of things. But I think, for the most part, he felt the same way that I did. I don’t think it could have gone better for the first one back.”
- Christian is the guest on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.
- On Talk Is Jericho, Chris Jericho spoke about TNT not wanting surprise debuts on AEW Dynamite: “When Sting was a surprise, [TNT] was like ‘don't do that again.’ That’s why Paul Wight was announced on social media because TNT said, ‘We don’t want surprises, we want to take advantage of the ratings.’ We had a big surprise, a big announcement, and we used the big announcement to announce the next big surprise. I think that’s one of the reasons too, to spread it out a little”
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. KTB has been added to the card for Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport 6. The show is taking place at The Cuban Club in Tampa, Florida next Thursday (April 8).
- Allysin Kay vs. Jordynne Grace is set for Allie Kat’s Real Hot Girl Sh*t, which is taking place at The Cuban Club next Friday (April 9).
- Faye Jackson announced that she’s stepping away from pro wrestling after WrestleMania week. Jackson also noted that she suffered a dislocated elbow and won’t be able to wrestle at any of the WrestleMania week shows she was booked for.
- Wrestlers in Mexico helped the elderly at a COVID-19 vaccination site.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WWE WrestleMania 21
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today