THE LATEST NEWS
- First match for TakeOver: Brooklyn set at NXT TV tapings
- Impact Wrestling results: Tag Team title change
- PWG announces first ten participants for this year's Battle of Los Angeles
- NXT TV taping spoilers: Fallout from TakeOver Chicago
- Title change at tonight's NXT TV tapings
THE LATEST AUDIO
- WOL: Sempervive & Hawkins talk MSG-ROH-WWE 6/22
- Wrestling Weekly: Vader, Rusev, WWE vs. ROH 6/22
- B&V&G: Granny, NXT, Lucha Underground and more! 6/22
- WOR: Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer talk to Kenny Omega! 6/21
We're looking for reports on tonight's WWE Raw show in Boise, ID and NXT in Venice, FL to email@example.com.
NEW JAPAN WORLD PRO WRESTLING TONIGHT AT 8 P.M. EASTERN ON AXS TV
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. Taiji Ishimori in the Best of the Super Juniors final match
MLW ON BEIN SPORTS TONIGHT AT 8 P.M. EASTERN
- Shane Strickland vs. Brody King
CMLL FROM ARENA MEXICO LIVE TONIGHT AT 9:30 EASTERN ON THE CMLL FACEBOOK PAGE
- Robin & Super Astro Jr. vs. Akuma & Yago
- Estrellita & Jarochita & Marcela vs. Amapola & Dalys & Reyna Isis
- Blue Panther & Blue Panther Jr. & Black Panther vs. Dragon Rojo Jr. & Hechicero & Polvora
- Atlantis & Caristico & Stuka Jr. vs. Euforia & Bestia del Ring & Ultimo Guerrero
- Volador Jr. & King Phoenix (Rey Fenix) & El Hijo de L.A. Park vs. Cavernario & Mr. Niebla & Negro Casas
- L.A. Park vs. Rush
UFC FROM KALLANG SINGAPORE WITH A FIGHT PASS CARD STARTING AT 4:30 A.M. EASTERN SATURDAY MORNING
- Ji Yeon Kim (125.5) vs. Melinda Fabian (124)
- Jenel Luasa (126) vs. Ulka Sasaki (126)
- Matt Schnell (126) vs. Naoki Inoue (124)
- Yan Xiaonan (116) vs. Viviane Pereria (115.5)
- Shinsho Anzai (171) vs. Jake Matthews (171)
- Song Kenan (170.5) vs. Hector Aldana (169)
- Rolando Dy (146) vs. Shane Young (146)
- Felipe Arantes (136) vs. Song Yadong (135)
- Teruto Ishihara (136) vs. Petr Yan (136)
- Li Jingliang (170) vs. Daichi Abe (170.5)
- Jessica Eye (126) vs. Jessica Rose-Clark (126)
- Ovince Saint Preux (206) vs. Tyson Pedro (205)
- Donald Cerrone (171) vs. Leon Edwards (170)
Saturday has Raw in Salt Lake City, Smackdown in Albuquerque and NXT in Largo, FL as well as Evolve in Brooklyn. We're looking for reports on those shows to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVOLVE ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT 8 P.M EASTERN FROM MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD YOUTH CENTER IN BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
- Matt Riddle vs. Shane Strickland for Evolve title
- Austin Theory vs. Joey Janela for WWN title
- Walter vs. Darby Allin
- Chris Dickinson & Dom Garrini & Jake vs Tracy Williams & Timothy Thatcher & Anthony Henry
- AR Fox vs. DJZ
- Bad Bones vs. Josh Briggs
Sunday has WWE Raw in Anaheim, CA and Smackdown in Fresno, CA.
EVOLVE ON SUNDAY NIGHT AT 7 P.M. EASTERN FROM MELROSE, MA MEMORIAL HALL
- Adam Cole vs. Walter for WWE North American title
- Matt Riddle vs. AR Fox for Evolve tile
- Austin Theory vs. DJZ for FIP title
- Tracy Williams vs. Chris Dickinson under catch point rules
- Darby Allin vs. Jarek 1:20
- Dominic Garrini vs. Josh Briggs
Monday has Raw TV in San Diego with Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins for the IC title. There is also a Smackdown house show in Bakersfield.
Tuesday has Smackdown and 205 Live in Ontario, CA. Announced for 205 Live is Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick & Drew Gulak vs. Kalisto & Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik.
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Ronda Rousey shines at Money in the Bank
The question of who should be the "top guy" in WWE going forward has been definitively answered. Ronda Rousey followed up on her incredible debut performance from WrestleMania with an even better showing at Sunday night's Money in the Bank pay-per-view. In what was only her second televised bout and her first singles match ever, Rousey proved that she belongs in the ring.
A detailed look at the career of Leon "Vader" White is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Look at his career highlights, his recent health issues and his death, his football days and how he got started in wrestling.
Also look at the program that first put him on the map as a star, his feud with Otto Wanz. Check out the debut of Big Van Vader, and how he was not the original person chosen for the spot. Find out about Vader's first match including the celebrity involved and the riot.
Go through his WCW career, his feud with Mick Foley, the development of the moonsault, his UWFI deal and the WCW champion vs. UWFI champion before 46,000 fans with Takada.
This issue has an update of what happened behind-the-scenes that led to ROH having a date in Madison Square Garden and having it taken away, and the issues between the two companies.
Read full coverage of the Money in the Bank show with match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results, as well as coverage of NXT Takeover Chicago.
Look at where WWE is going for Extreme Rules and SummerSlam.
There is an update on the Cow Palace show and the G-1 Climax tournament.
We've got a story on what happened with Big Cass and his being fired.
Look at WWE's plans to run a show in Melbourne at MCG Stadium and the huge ticket prices for the event.
Also have a look at the WWE shows in London at Royal Albert Hall and the beginning of the U.K. division and what has and hasn't been said.
Read a postscript on the C.M. Punk lawsuit.
Find out about the honor John Cena is nominated for, the TV commercial for the WWE video game, WWE injury updates, a WWE survey, Cena lawsuit settlement, who put together key matches at Money in the Bank, Undercover Boss, note on a new signee and gimmick idea.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Some notes regarding the weekend house shows. AJ Styles is off all shows this week. He is not advertised even for TV. Daniel Bryan is advertised for Bakersfield on Monday and TV in Ontario, California on Tuesday but not the other shows. Ronda Rousey is advertised for Sunday's house show in Anaheim and while not listed, WWE has said she is scheduled to appear in some form on Monday night in San Diego.
- Dave Meltzer notes that, as of this morning, Rousey was again scheduled for the Raw in Buffalo on July 16. That doesn’t confirm that she’ll be appearing on TV.
- WWE uploaded a nine-minute behind-the-scenes video with Rousey from Money in the Bank where she talks about why she’s crossed over to pro wrestling and wanting to effect social change before she brings children into the world.
- PWInsider reported that a decision was made on Wednesday for William Regal not to come to last night’s NXT TV tapings. He hasn’t appeared since before WrestleMania due to a medical condition.
- Tucker Knight also wasn’t at last night’s tapings due to his family welcoming the birth of their daughter.
- WWE streamed a marathon of all the first round matches from this year’s United Kingdom Championship tournament, which led into this week’s Royal Albert Hall shows.
- Wrestling DVD Network revealed some of the matches that will be included in the Shawn Michaels unreleased matches DVD that is being put out this October: The Rockers vs. The Orient Express (London, Ontario, Canada, April 29, 1990) Piper’s Pit segment with Michaels (Syracuse, New York, April 29, 1992) Michaels, Diesel & The Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid, Tatanka & Kama in a six-man elimination match (Evansville, Indiana, July 25, 1995) Michaels vs. Vader for the WWF Championship (State College, Pennsylvania, September 29, 1996) Michaels vs. Brooklyn Brawler for the WWF Championship (Madison Square Garden, November 15, 1997) Michaels vs. Batista vs. Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship (Atlanta, Georgia, November 17, 2008)
- A Vader collection has been added to the WWE Network.
- Post Wrestling released an audio documentary on the life and career of Vader.
- After Hulk Hogan tweeted about potentially being his manager, Velveteen Dream responded: “HollyWoodDREAM has a nice ring 2 it, but DREAM rides solo. Good Try Terry!”
- Dave Meltzer talked pro wrestling and his career on today’s episode of Talk is Jericho.
- ROH announced that this year’s Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view will take place at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas on September 28. The show had taken place at the smaller Sam’s Town Live over the past couple of years. ROH will also have TV tapings at the Orleans Arena on September 29.
- The Young Bucks & Hangman Page vs. SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI in what will be a Six-Man Tag Team title match if the Los Ingobernables de Japon team defeat The Kingdom at Best in the World has been announced for ROH’s June 30 TV tapings in Fairfax, Virginia. Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai defending against Hazuki, Kelly Klein vs. Tenille Dashwood vs. Karen Q vs. Madison Rayne for a future shot at the WOH title, and Mayu Iwatani & Jenny Rose vs. Kagetsu & Hana Kimura is also set for the tapings.
- Against the NBA draft, Impact averaged 262,000 viewers on Pop TV last night. That’s down from last week’s 276,000, and Impact has only done 300,000 viewers once in the last eight weeks. This show posted a 0.06 rating in the 18-49 demo.
- Konnan will be wrestling for the first time in five years as part of MLW’s 40-participant Battle Riot match in Queens on July 19.
- Pete Dunne vs. WALTER is set for wXw’s show in Cologne on July 22.
- Jimmy Jacobs spoke to the Irish Mirror about his time with Impact Wrestling since being fired from WWE
- Lyoto Machida has signed a multi-fight contract with Bellator following his win over Vitor Belfort at UFC 224.
- The official poster for UFC 227 has been released, featuring TJ Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt and Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo.
- Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison won her pro debut for the PFL with a first-round armbar.
- Though the severity isn’t known, the UFC’s Greg Hardy suffered a knee injury during an arena football game.
- Mickey Gall told MMA Fighting that CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson went for 15 minutes too long.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Chris Jericho wins ECW TV title
12th Annual F4W Empire Vegas Convention
Greetings friends and fans of the F4W / Wrestling Observer website. It's time to announce the details of the 12th annual F4W / Wrestling Observer Empire Las Vegas Convention~!
This year's event will be taking place in Las Vegas from August 16th to the 20th and will again be in conjunction with WWE's SummerSlam weekend a.k.a. Super China Buffet Day~! There will still be the usual events, but our big draw will be WWE's summer blockbuster PPV, SummerSlam. As per tradition, we will all gorge ourselves at a Las Vegas buffet, and then watch SummerSlam in a rented out movie theater. All information and ticketing prices are available now. Sign up ASAP as spots are limited for some events.
This year will also feature a Future Stars Wrestling show which will include the first ever Gladys Gibson Doubles Match Classic! Already booked for the show are the teams Mia Yim & Leva Bates, Lufisto & Shotzi Blackheart, Samantha Heights & Brittany Blake, and Miranda Alize & Kylie Rae. Kris Wolf will also be appearing along with many more future stars. There may even be a classic star or two making an appearance. You won't want to miss this show! Check out the convention's Facebook page for all additional information.
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!