THE LATEST NEWS
- Joey Janela reveals MRI results, expects to be out 'for a long while'
- WWE SmackDown down only four percent after record-low Raw ratings
- Matches set for week three of WWE Mixed Match Challenge
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Samoa Joe visits AJ Styles' house
- WWE Mixed Match Challenge results: Inaugural winners return
- WWE 205 Live TV taping spoilers: Ali vs. Itami, Rush vs. Dar
- WWE SmackDown live results: AJ Styles-Samoa Joe contract signing
THE LATEST AUDIO
- F4D: Smackdown, Choppin Block, Miz and Mrs., Burger King review 9/26
- WOL: Liv Morgan, RAW ratings, Chris Daniels interview, more! 9/26
- Wrestling Weekly: Low Raw rating, NJPW in the USA, NWA 9/26
- Left My Wallet: Wrestling toy talk with Max Smashmaster 9/26
- B&V&C: Retro Raw and Nitro from 19 years ago this week! 9/25
When WWE returns to Saudi Arabia on November 2, they'll be doing so just five days after their Evolution pay-per-view. People are always going to link WWE's 10-year deal with Saudi Arabia with how it contradicts the company's "women's evolution" messaging, but Evolution and Crown Jewel taking place on the same week makes them feel even more connected.
The lead story runs down the Jon Jones situation in detail, his test failure, the campaign of attempted misinformation designed to fool the public, the tragedy of all this, and how this affects Brock Lesnar and Daniel Cormier.
Read a feature on the life and career of Noricum "Kid" Yamamoto, who passed away last week.
Find out about Shawn Michaels' planned return to ring action, what his proposed match is, the angle to set it up, the building of the angle, moves being made by WWE, and details behind the return of Brock Lesnar.
Go in-depth on the WWE concussion lawsuits being thrown out. Read about why, the big problems with the suits, as well as the big problem on the flip side of how the statute of limitations was being applied.
Get the update on the Rey Mysterio's situation, the changes to 205 no longer being live, update on Alexa Bliss and Jeff Hardy when it comes to appearing on live shows, book coming out on the career of former WWE star, WWE hires new head of legal, notes on Starrcade 18, and Rousey vs. Cyborg rumor notes.
We've also got full coverage of the CMLL Anniversary show, with match-by-match coverage, star ratings as well as a chart on what wrestlers have headlined the most anniversary shows in history.
Get full coverage of this year's Battle of Los Angeles tournament, with a look at every match from all three days of what was some of the best wrestling shows that will be held anywhere in the world this year.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Io Shirai vs. Xia Brookside, Rachel Evers (Rachael Ellering) vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto, Jessie Elaban vs. Taynara Conti, and Isla Dawn vs. Nicole Matthews will air on tonight’s Mae Young Classic episode. These are the last four matches of the first round.
- After the storyline where Aiden English asked Lana if she was going to tell Rusev about "one night in Milwaukee," English bringing video evidence of the accusation is advertised for next week’s SmackDown. It will be the go-home show for Super Show-Down, and WWE will follow up on the cliffhanger where Samoa Joe visited AJ Styles’ house and rang the doorbell as the show went off the air.
- WWE stock was up one percent today, closing at $95.04 per share.
- Matt Riddle appeared on ESPN West Palm earlier this week and discussed transitioning from MMA to pro wrestling, signing with WWE, and making his NXT in-ring debut at their house show in Sanford, Florida this past weekend. Riddle said he wore his wife’s shorts in his NXT debut match because he thought he probably shouldn’t wear his indie gear that has sponsors on it. Riddle also named Cesaro as someone who he wants to face from the main roster.
- Big E tweeted about Kofi Kingston breaking the record for most cumulative days as WWE Tag Team Champion in his career: “@TrueKofi has the most days as a tag team champion in the history of WWE. Never failed a drug test. Never had a brush with the law. Always a professional to the highest degree. Give this man his flowers while he can still smell them.”
- Today is Asuka’s 37th birthday and Buddy Murphy’s 30th birthday.
- Three Undertaker vs. Triple H matches are being added to the WWE Network’s hidden gems section this week. They’re from the Kuwait Cup in 1996, an episode of Shotgun Saturday Night in 1997, and Friday Night’s Main Event in 1997.
- Sasha Banks’ appearance on MTV’s Wild ‘N Out will air this Friday at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time.
- WWE sent a custom title belt to the Seattle Storm for their WNBA Championship win.
- Sin Cara will be the grand marshal for this year’s Sun Bowl Parade in El Paso, Texas on Thanksgiving.
- WrestleCon has announced a show called “Joey Ryan’s Penis Party” for WrestleMania weekend in New York City. Ryan’s show will be taking place on Friday, April 5.
- During an interview with The Mirror, WALTER answered a question about whether or not he would consider signing with WWE at this point in his career: “I don’t know if I mentioned this but being a part of the Raw or SmackDown roster is nothing I am interested in. I don’t want to live in the US. I really like NXT though, I think it's a great product, filled with the best talent in the world and is focused on competition in the ring, which is something I enjoy. I don’t want to say it will never happen because in wrestling things change so quick.”
- During the epilogue for the “All Us” video series, Cody Rhodes brought up the question of whether or not they’ll do another All In. Cody said the best answer he can give is that, while it could have just been a great night at the matches, the show felt like a revolution and revolutions aren’t just for one night.
- With Joey Janela unable to wrestle at the show due to his knee injury, Darby Allin will instead face Trevor Lee at PWG's Smokey and the Bandido on October 19.
- MJF will defend his Middleweight title against Jason Cade and Jimmy Yuta in a triple threat elimination match at MLW’s TV tapings in Queens, New York on October 4.
- NJPW’s English-language website has an in-character interview with Kazuchika Okada to promote Sunday’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed event in Long Beach.
- David Arquette spoke to Busted Open Radio about his return to the ring.
- While UFC 230 at Madison Square Garden on November 3 still doesn’t have its main event, Ariel Helwani tweeted today that the UFC is “seriously discussing” Yoel Romero vs. Alexander Gustafsson for the show. Helwani noted that it would be a light heavyweight fight and that a title would be on the line, with interim and official options both discussed. Helwani wrote that it’s not a done deal and there are a few moving parts to the situation.
- Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier both announced on Twitter that their fight at the MSG show would be for the title of a newly-created 165-pound division, but Dana White told ESPN that there’s “absolutely no truth” to the weight class being added.
- Mark Hunt vs. Justin Willis is set for the UFC’s Fight Night show in Adelaide, Australia this December. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Tyson Pedro is also in the works for the Adelaide event.
- Bellator 206, which is taking place on Saturday night in San Jose, California, will air live on Channel 5 in the United Kingdom.
- Mauro Ranallo and John McCarthy will be on commentary for Bellator 206.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Triple H wins vacant WWF World title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!d