- Khabib Nurmagomedov may return depending on post-UFC 257 interest
- Lucha Brothers vs. Chaos Project part of 14-match AEW Dark lineup
- WWE SmackDown overnight ratings up on road to Royal Rumble
- Alex Shelley gives update on missing Impact Hard to Kill
- UFC on ABC 1 live results: Max Holloway vs. Calvin Kattar
- Michelle McCool reveals positive COVID-19 test
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Reigns gets new Rumble challenger
- Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss, Randy Orton segment announced for WWE Raw
- NJPW Strong results: Six-man tag team action
- JNPO: The 2020 MMA year in review show, pt. 4
- F4D: Lance Storm monthly live Q&A!
- WOR: Court Bauer on the pandemic, TV rights, scouting talent
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
WON NEWSLETTER: January 18, 2021 Observer Newsletter: The COVID-19 era continues
We have an update with more info on a number of COVID cases involving pro wrestling including more on Chris Jericho, Nick Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Mick Foley, Les Thatcher and more. We look at what Paul Levesque said about the COVID issue, Jericho talking about getting it in September, Nick Jackson, and more on others in the industry.
Also in this issue:
We also have our 2020 Business Year in Review issue talking about the biggest crowds, the biggest PPVs, how the year was totally different from any other, UFC business history and more.
Every major promotion, why this year is so hard to evaluate, what you can't learn from the past year and can, how things look going into the new year, and issues going forward for every company.
Raw, Smackdown AEW and NXT and compare how they are doing now with one year ago, and where things will be in one year if the current direction doesn't change.
How much money Linda McMahon donated to Trump's re-election and funding of the recent attempt to take over the capitol.
Royal Rumble update, how much money top stars can earn from doing social media advertising, Update on WWE's new A&E documentaries for this year, biggest Wednesday drawing card, more on the next TV special for India, new stars from India debuting including two giants, Dusty Rhodes tag tourney news, the next Takeover show, Injury updates, Lita talks about when she was threatened with being fired, Ricochet contract notes, U.S. sports ratings, U.K. and Canadian TV ratings, New NXT stars, movie star teases working with WWE, Upcoming WWE television shows WWE market value and the most-watched shows on the WWE Network.
Vince McMahon's lawsuit against Oliver Luck and Luck's lawsuit against Vince McMahon. We look at McMahon's complaints as well as what others involved said including some day-by-day looks at aspects of the XFL and its death.
How COVID has changed Japanese wrestling along with new restrictions and what they mean and how they relate to wrestling and the New Japan big show lineup over the next several weeks.
List of the 20 biggest crowds for pro wrestling ever in the country of Canada and notes about business peaks.
Rundowns of the major television shows.
Television ratings of the past week, including segment-by-segment numbers for the past two weeks on Wednesday, who was watching in different age groups, how different segments did on Raw & Smackdown and more.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- On SmackDown last night, Sasha Banks said she’ll give Carmella another shot at the SmackDown Women’s Championship as long as she gets to face Carmella’s sommelier Reginald first. WWE hasn’t announced when either of those matches will be taking place.
- Bayley debuted a new talk show segment called “Ding Dong, Hello!” on SmackDown last night. Bianca Belair was Bayley’s guest on the talk show. It set up that Bayley and Belair will face off in an obstacle course challenge on SmackDown next week.
- Shinsuke Nakamura's old “The Rising Sun” theme music returned on SmackDown last night.
- Sports Illustrated interviewed AJ Styles about the WWE Untold episode on his WWE debut from Royal Rumble 2016. The Untold episode premieres on the WWE Network tomorrow.
- WWE Network News revealed the synopsis for WWE’s “My Way: The Life and Legacy of Pat Patterson” documentary that premieres on the WWE Network on Sunday, January 24: “Pat Patterson and those who knew him best look back at his unlikely path to the top of sports-entertainment. From growing up a poor kid in Montreal, to finding fame in San Francisco and New York City and working side-by-side with Vince McMahon, Pat became the celebrated creative force behind some of the greatest moments and matches in WWE history.”
- An advertisement for WWE’s Superstar Spectacle India special hypes that current WWE stars will be teaming with stars from the future at the show.
- John Cena’s “Peacemaker” TV series for HBO Max began filming yesterday. Show creator James Gunn tweeted: “5 months ago, while quarantining, I started writing a TV series, mostly for fun, in-between Guardians drafts & cutting #TheSuicideSquad. I wrote the 1st season of #Peacemaker in 8 weeks. & now, here I am, on the 1st day of shooting. Life is surreal. Let’s go (& go safely!)”
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Edge vs. Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship from Royal Rumble 2008 and a six-man battle royal from the July 25, 2008 episode of SmackDown.
- Ren Narita vs. Bateman will be the main event of next Friday’s NJPW Strong.
- Inside the Ropes asked Rich Swann about potentially facing Kenny Omega in a one-on-one match: “That’s something I would totally look forward to having. I believe the very first time I met [Kenny Omega] was in 2012 in Dragon Gate/ DDT. They did a collaboration show, and he always had respect. Just to have this opportunity to be in this six-man alone is going to show people that I can be at that type of level. And then that’s going to show everybody that, ‘Hey, we need to see this match even more, the one-on-one encounter between Kenny Omega and Rich Swann.’ Because I feel that I can be on his level, and the only way you can prove that is if you get in the ring with those guys.”
- Denise Salcedo interviewed Deonna Purrazzo ahead of Hard to Kill.
- During an appearance on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, Serena Deeb spoke about being released from her coaching position with WWE last April: "It was pandemic related. I remember the day, there were a lot of people; from producers to coach to talent, that all got the call. It is what it is. It was a sign of the times of needing to cut back. I said this the other day amongst the women; it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me, losing my job. This probably would not be happening right now. I don't look back on that with any type of negative feelings or anything. It is truly positive with me.”
- Anna Jay appeared on the latest episode of Talk is Jericho.
- Tony Khan will be the guest on Tuesday’s episode of Renee Paquette’s Oral Sessions podcast.
- Tony Schiavone posted an update after tweeting that yesterday was the worst day ever: “Thanks for all the messages Wow. I’m fine. Some bad knee and back pain (lower and upper). But well medicated last night. Thanks again everyone.”
- ROH announced that Tony Deppen will be returning to the promotion by popular demand. Deppen won a four-way match at last month’s Final Battle pay-per-view and advanced to unsuccessfully challenge for Dragon Lee’s ROH Television Championship later in the night. Deppen tweeted that he’s entering the ROH Bubble today. Members of the ROH roster are traveling to Baltimore today to quarantine ahead of the promotion’s next set of TV tapings.
- New Contra Unit member Daivari will make his MLW in-ring debut on Wednesday’s episode of Fusion.
- Matt Cardona has filed trademarks for “MC! True Long Island Story” and “Major Pod Network.”
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton win WCW Tag Team titles
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today