The Latest from the F4W Staff
- WWE Raw video highlights: Roman Reigns vs. Chris Jericho
- Sasha Banks to face Charlotte in an Iron Man match at WWE Roadblock
- Daily Update: AJ Styles' ankle, Mickie James & Tajiri, McGregor on HBO
- Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho set for WWE Roadblock
- WWE Raw live results: The build to Roadblock continues
- WOR: RAW report, AJ Styles injury update, New Japan and NOAH notes, more! 12/6
- WOL: WWE TLC fallout, AJ Styles injured, James Ellsworth, more! 12/5
- WOR: WWE TLC, ROH TV tapings, Don Frye health update, more! 12/5
- B&V: Bryan and Filthy Tom review WWE TLC 2016! 12/4
Smackdown and 205 Live take place on Tuesday night in Houston at the Toyota Center.
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE WEDNESDAY IN MITO ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Henare
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Brian Breaker & Leland Race
- War Machine vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page
- Tetsuya Naito & Rush vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa
FIGURE FOUR WEEKLY: 11/28/2016: Buddy Rose investigated by CSAC for getting too much heat
What is traditionally the most talked about issue of the year, the 2016 Hall of Fame Observer issue is now out with the full balloting, stories on both the people now in as well as notes on many not in, plus how candidates did when broken down by reports, historians, active wrestler and former wrestlers. Also, look at who is on next year's ballot who is being dropped from next year's ballot and others in danger of being dropped.
Take a look at what UFC is expecting with its next television deal, notes on the timing of the deal, why the deal is so important, the landscape of television in general, how cutting the cord affects revenues and what stations can afford, and who has expressed interest in UFC.
There are some very interesting things going on behind the scenes in wrestling regarding contract offers, moves being made by television and streaming services. Find out how this will affect the pro wrestling business over the next year and for time to come.
Read about the announcement of the new Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association, what they are looking for, what is and isn't accurate, and how they are looking to get the concessions from UFC.
This issue has updates on the WWE women's division, upcoming PPV plans, notes on PPVs in 2017, Tyson Kidd’s status, a TV show that was dropped and why, John Cena about to take another hiatus, new WWF signings, Hogan/WWE update, Big Show talks current situation, Dwayne Johnson movie box office, twitter hilarity, Jericho talks his current run, most-watched shows on the network, WWE gets new tape library as well as notes from all the WWE arena events from the past week with business notes and show highlights.
Finally, get an update on the situation with Daniel Cormier and how his injury led to Conor McGregor being stripped of the featherweight title, updates on UFC 206 and predictions on it, plus the injuries at AKA.
All of this and more in the giant new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter!
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON BACK ISSUE:November 15, 1999: ECW November to Remember review, Dynamite Kid book, more - The most publicized story ever in North American pro wrestling, the tragic death of Owen Hart on 5/23, is brought vividly back to life with the documentary "The life and death of Owen Hart." The one-hour piece, debuted in Ontario on TVO on 11/3, in the rest of Canada on 11/6 on the A Channel and will be part of A&E's bio week on pro wrestling, with an 11/16 showing... click here to continue.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- The New Day will defend their Raw Tag Team Championship against Cesaro & Sheamus and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson in a triple threat match on Raw next week.
- The second episode of 205 Live will air on the WWE Network tonight after SmackDown. Rich Swann defending his WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a rematch from last week will main event the show.
- The most hyped thing for tonight’s episode of SmackDown is AJ Styles defending the WWE World Championship against James Ellsworth. Ellsworth helped Styles retain the title at TLC on Sunday, then the explanation given on Talking Smack after was that Ellsworth thinks he has Styles’ number after beating him three times recently with the help of Dean Ambrose.
- Heath Slater and Rhyno will also get their Tag Team Championship rematch on tonight’s SmackDown.
- Darren Young vs. Jinder Mahal and Sin Cara vs. Bo Dallas were the matches taped for Main Event before Raw last night. Big Cass brawled with Rusev after the show went off the air.
- It was announced on last night's Raw that Emmalina will premiere next week.
- AJ Styles addressed his wardrobe malfunction from last Sunday.
- McDonalds sent Big E a championship fanny pack after Survivor Series.
UFC / MMA
- Dana White said on UFC Unfiltered that Cris Cyborg turned down fights against Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie that would’ve kicked off the women’s featherweight division. Holm also turned down the fight on the advice of her coach. Cyborg explained the decision to MMAFighting, saying that she was still recovering but will fight in the division soon.
- White also commented on the Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association and Bjorn Rebney's involvement in the group: "Listen, I don’t know enough about it to really speak on it. The only thing I need to know is the biggest scumbag in the history of combat sports -- Bjork -- is involved in this thing."
- Rebney tweeted about White: "You pay fighters 8 cents on the $. No pension, No benefits, No safety net & your Co.’s worth $4 Billion! U should be ashamed."
- ESPN’s Brett Okamoto tweeted that he’s hearing a fight between Julianna Pena and Valentina Shevchenko is potentially in the works.
- Ryan Bader opened up on dealing with free agency, his frustrations with the UFC, if a title is still his goal, the MMAAA and when we can expect to see a decision on where he'll end up.
- FIST Combat crowns its first champion with two huge shows this weekend. Fri 12/9 SEMI-finals at Appleton Grill in Watsonville, will be the semi-finals. The next night will be the final. Sat 12/10 ULTIMATE COMBAT w/FINALS at Garfield Park CC in Santa Cruz.
- Global BC in Canada did a 2 minute feature about the Bollywood Boyz, who are from the Burnaby Area.
- Northeast Wrestling “The Best Around is Coming to Town" on 12/10 at the NEW Arena (40 Peck Road) in Bethany, CT for our annual Christmas spectacular. This is a special Toys for Tots event. Anyone who brings an unwrapped toy with a value of at least $10 will receive a free NEW DVD. Bell time is 7 p.m. Order tickets online at www.northeastwrestling.com or purchase at the door Saturday night.
- World of Sport Wrestling makes a historic and triumphant return to ITV for a one-off special, with an exciting mix of fast paced action and family fun for all.
- New England Fights 27: "NEF 27: RESURGENCE" takes place on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $25 and are on sale now at www.TheColisee.com or by calling the Colisee box office at 207.783.2009, extension 525.
Today in Professional Wrestling History (12/6): WWF Capital Carnage 1998
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org