We're looking for your thoughts on last night's UFC show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to Dave Meltzer
We're looking for reports on today's Lucha Underground Ultima Lucha tapings in Los Angeles, as well as today's TNA tapings in Birmingham, England, today's WWE house shows in Columbus, GA (Roman Reigns vs. Rusev for WWE title, Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens for IC title, New Day vs. Usos & Ryback) and Tupelo, MS (Kane vs. Bray Wyatt) to Dave Meltzer
Raw will be Monday in Birmingham. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are scheduled on the show.
Smackdown will be taped on Tuesday in Memphis.
If you've ever wanted to WATCH our radio shows here on the site, check out our new Youtube page! No full video shows, but lots of video clips, full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today! The latest video is "Kill that Mole". A silent film we created a few years ago starring Bryan and Vince.
Figure Four Weekly
Figure Four Weekly 1/18/2016: Gawker's motion to dismiss Hulk Hogan lawsuit denied
Gawker's motion to dismiss the Hulk Hogan sex tape lawsuit is denied, plus news and notes
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 1, 2016 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: 2016 Royal Rumble, Road to Wrestlemania, more
Coverage of the Royal Rumble and where things lead to WrestleMania is the lead story in a jam-packed news issue of the Wrestling Observer. TNA's statements regarding A.J. Styles, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson, the timing, what is accurate, and a lot that wasn't in those statements as to why the deal didn't happen. The process that led the stars from New Japan and more. The Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum injuries and title match cancellation and what directions UFC took to try and save it. More on the injury to Hiroshi Tanahashi, the death of Archie "Mongolian Stomper" Gouldie, some stories about his life and career. WWE Hall of Fame class of 2016, New Japan Fantatstica Mania tour with full rundowns and stories behind it, Nikki Bella injury and what led to the increase in ratings for Raw and Smackdown.
The story behind why HHH won the title, why it was the right booking decision given the destination, questions about the execution, the confusing Fast Lane main event, what the original booking plan was behind Roman Reigns ascension to the top and why it was so hard for Vince McMahon to decide against his winning at last year's WrestleMania, and questions about the crowds at Fast Lane and Mania for the main events. Update WrestleMania, chart out the Royal Rumble with how long everyone was in, eliminations, and news, Rumble business, poll results and match-by-match results with star ratings.
The situation with New Japan losing talent, and how the CMLL stars did on the tour.
The arrival of Shinsuke Nakamura to WWE and why he's in NXT, an update on Daniel Bryan, NXT finances for talent, another endorsement deal for Dwayne Johnson, notes on the next WWE network live special, updates on NXT talent coming to the main roster, lots of WWE injury notes, WWE plans for post-Mania and the European tour, Lesnar dates, details on NXT tapings as well as details on all the weekend WWE events.
You can also order the print Observer right now and get it delivered to your door via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer
You can also order print issues at www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com
For the United States, it is $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can get one free classic issue of your choice sent to you today. With a 40 issue subscription, you can get two free classic issues sent to you today.
Click here for the most requested Wrestling Observer back issues.
Check out the latest Online Wrestling Observer BACK ISSUE: December 28, 1998 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Bischoff gets historic NBC deal, WCW files lawsuit against WWF over Wrestling With Shadows, more Eric Bischoff and NBC work out a historic deal to air WCW on NBC, WCW files a lawsuit against WWF over Wrestling With Shadows, plus tons of news.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Last night's Wrestling Observer Radio with myself and Bryan Alvarez talking all the weekend news from UFC, TNA and WWE. We also talk in detail about the Awesome Kong/Reby Hardy incident that took place on Friday in the Manchester, England dressing room.
Pro Wrestling Sheet announced that at today's Lucha Underground tapings that talent were told that there would be a third season, but not when filming was to begin. The scheduled right now is for July. It also said Lucha Underground would be hitting the iTunes store in a few months.
Beer Money captured the TNA tag team titles today in Birmingham, England, cashing in their briefcase, beating The Wolves.
At the UFC post-fight press conference, they said would be announcing the date for Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier rematch within the next week.
Tye Dillinger is the latest WWE injury, collapsing when landing reversing out of a vertical suplex against Sami Zayn, apparently blowing out his right knee. He will be evaluated tomorrow.
I'll be on the MMA Hour at www.mma.fighting.com with Ariel Helwani tomorrow at 1 p.m. Eastern time. Other guests on the show will be Benson Henderson, Fabricio Werdum, Scott Coker and Anthony Perosh.
- Stephanie McMahon will be on Good Morning America tomorrow in the 8 a.m. hour.
- Dwayne Johnson on Monday: "Ha well at WWE events, going off script is what I live for. So much more fun for the fans. Nightmare for Vince."
- WrestleMania Fan Axxess tickets for Dallas go on sale at 10 a.m. tomorrow with the code TWWETME
- A John Layfield interview with Ron Simmons will air after Raw tomorrow night.
- English translations of Shinsuke Nakamura's promo from yesterday both in the ring and the press area
- A story on WWE ref Charles Robinson
- For yesterday, UFC was the seventh most searched term in the U.S. with more than 100,000. Among those ahead included the Pro Bowl, Serena Williams and NHL All-Star game. No. 16 was Sage Northcutt with 50,000.
- Former WWE star Dave Bautista posted this: "Anyone who buys that goofy UFC Reebok shit is endorsing the fighters getting fucked out of their sponsorships. Just a thought."
- Phil Mushnick again rips on New York for considering legalizing MMA
- Concern from Ireland that travel companies think there is less interest in people going to Las Vegas again so quickly
- A crazy clip from a Joe Lauzon fighter from last night.
- Southern States Wrestling did a Mongolian Stomper tribute on its TV show this week
- Lucha Underground debuts tonight on TLM in Canada with shows at 10 p.m and midnight.
- Bret Hart has started a company called Sharpshooter Funding, a capital investment firm to help small Canadian businesses that his son, Dallas, will be the head of sales for.
- TV Asahi 2 in Japan announced they will be airing five hours of Antonio Inoki's most famous matches on 2/20, which is Inoki's 73rd birthday.
- Gabi Castrovinci, known as Raquel in TNA (she was on Tough Enough this past season), had her first match last night against Santana Garrett in Orlando. Full results: Josh Parker b Rex Bacchus, Josh Hess & Ace Andrews b CT Brown & Alexx Light, Braydon Knight b Tyranus, Brandon Scherrer b Chico Adams, Mike Reed b Jonny Vandal, Santana Garrett b Rex Bacchus, Santana Garrett b Raquel to retain the Wonder of Stardom title, Rhett Giddins b Mark Silva-DQ, Rhett Ghddins b Mark Silva to keep the Florida title. Next show is 2/20.
ON THIS DAY IN WORLD PRO WRESTLING HISTORY: Daily pro wrestling history (01/31): Hennig & Race win AWA World Tag Team Titles
For information on web site get togethers at WrestleMania, you can e-mail F4wfan@hotmail.com