Though she won't be wrestling at the pay-per-view, Mickie James will be playing a role at Impact Wrestling's Slammiversary 2022.
James announced during an appearance on the Battleground Podcast that she'll be the special guest enforcer for the first-ever Queen of the Mountain match at Slammiversary. The PPV is taking place in Nashville, Tennessee on Sunday, June 19.
The Queen of the Mountain match will see Tasha Steelz defend her Knockouts World Championship against Deonna Purrazzo, Chelsea Green, Mia Yim, and Jordynne Grace.
James brought up during her Battleground Podcast appearance that she has history with Steelz, Purrazzo, and Green. James said that, in addition to making sure the match is fair, she wants to make sure whoever wins is on notice. James said she always has her eyes on the prize.
James lost the Knockouts title to Steelz at Sacrifice this March.
This year's Slammiversary is Impact Wrestling's 20th anniversary celebration. Here's the updated card for the PPV:
- Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Eric Young
- Queen of the Mountain match: Knockouts World Champion Tasha Steelz defends against Deonna Purrazzo, Chelsea Green, Mia Yim, and Jordynne Grace
- Ultimate X match: X-Division Champion Ace Austin defends against "Speedball" Mike Bailey, Kenny King, Trey Miguel, Jack Evans, and Alex Zayne
- Impact Tag Team Champions The Briscoes defend against The Good Brothers
- Impact Digital Media Champion Rich Swann defends against Brian Myers
- Monster's Ball match: Moose vs. Sami Callihan
- Honor No More (Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Eddie Edwards, PCO & Vincent) vs. Impact Originals (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian & two wrestlers to be announced)