In a rematch from last Saturday's Rebellion, new Impact World Champion Josh Alexander will defend the the title against Moose on Thursday's AXS TV show.
Alexander's second reign began Saturday when he bested Moose in a rematch from Bound for Glory. On that October night, Moose cashed in his Call Your Shot opportunity on Alexander minutes after he won the title from Christian Cage.
Thursday's show will also see the return of The Briscoes following their return at this month's Multiverse of Matches. Their opponents have yet to be announced.
In trios action, Honor No More's Matt Taven, Mike Bennett and Eddie Edwards will face "Speedball" Mike Bailey and the Motor City Machine Guns.
Knockouts Champion Tasha Steelz will team with Savannah Evans to take on Decay's Rosemary and Havok while Bhupinder Gujjar will take on the returning VSK in singles action.
On the BTI pre-show, Honor No More's Vincent will face Decay's Crazzy Steve.
BTI pre-show: Vincent defeated Crazzy Steve
This was an interesting match with two very similar personalities that could potentially be some snappy future tag team champions some day. That was not today as Vincent picked up the victory after hitting Redrum.
The show opened with Violent By Design heading down to the ring still Impact Tag Team Champions after last Saturday's Rebellion. Eric Young said they were still standing tall and that "the world doesn't belong to you but belongs to us." Heath & Rhino then interrupt but before they could get going, The Briscoes then interrupted them and came to the ring.
Jay Briscoe said there is unfinished business stemming from the Multiverse of Matches. Heath took exception and after welcoming the Briscoes, he said they are the first in line for the Tag Team titles. Jay refused to back down and Young then said that it's got nothing to do with VBD at this point and they left the ring. A challenge was issued which led to our first match of the night for a future Tag Team title shot.
The Briscoes defeated Heath & Rhino to earn a Tag Team title match
After some early offense from The Briscoes, Heath & Rhino took full control. Mark eventually got the hot tag and after some double-team offense, Mark hit Rhino with a top rope elbow drop for the win and a shot at Violent by Design.
- Backstage, Moose confronted Impact VP Scott D'Amore. Moose informed him he just gave Impact the best damn match they have ever seen. With the rematch set to take place later tonight, D'Amore informed Moose that that the winner of tonight's main event will face a handpicked opponent at Under Siege. A disgruntled Moose put down Josh Alexander's family and walked away.
- An interesting vignette featuring a 'coming soon' promo with images of W. Morrissey & Deonna Purrazzo was shown again:
Bhupinder Gujjar defeated VSK
VSK showed some major attitude and offense in the beginning before Gujjar eventually countered with a huge samoan drop. After some more offense by VSK, Gujjar took control and hit a devastating second rope spear for the victory.
As Gujjar celebrated post-match, Raj Singh & Shera headed to the ring. After Shera destroyed an already fallen VSK, he stared down Gujjar and left the ring with Singh.
- Backstage, new X-Division Champion Ace Austin was interviewed by Gia Miller. Austin gloated about his victory over Trey Miguel at Rebellion before being interrupted by Rocky Romero. Romero challenged Austin, but Austin downplayed it. Romero said he would go and seek his match courtesy of D'Amore. Before Austin could continue, he was interrupted by "Speedball" Mike Bailey. After a very quick interaction, Austin blew him off and walked away.
- Steve Maclin was in a promo saying he should be next in line for Josh Alexander's Impact World title.
Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (w/ Kenny King & Maria Kanellis) defeated Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) & "Speedball" Mike Bailey
Tom Hannifan referenced that Bailey defeated Shelley at Multiverse of Matches before chaos took place between all six men in the ring. Edwards got in some huge offense and took out MCMG and Bailey with a suicide dive to the outside early in the match.
Back from commercial, Bailey and Taven were battling in the ring before Edwards was tagged back in. Bailey hit a sunset flip with double knees which led Hannifan to comment that Edwards may now be sterile.
Sabin was tagged and MCMG went to town on anyone that dared to enter the ring. It slowed down and Bailey and Bennett got into a chop fest. Bailey capitalized and hits a twisting moonsault for a two count. HNM retaliated, but MCMG came to Bailey's aid and Bailey hit some big-time offense while the crowd chanted "Speedball."
There was some more back and forth between all six men, but HNM were too much to handle as Edwards hit Bailey on a assisted Die Hard Driver, giving Honor No More the win.
As Honor No More celebrated their victory, the Bullet Club music hit and Jay White, Doc Gallows. Karl Anderson and Chris Bey hit the ring to stop the party they weren't invited to.
- Backstage, Gia Miller talked to Alexander who reflected on his victory, his rematch with Moose and his mystery opponent at Under Siege.
Taya Valkyrie in-ring promo
New AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Taya Valkyrie was in the ring and explained what the title meant to her before being attacked by former champion and current ROH World Women's Champion Deonna Purrazzo.
Purrazzo locked Valkyrie in an armbar, but before too much damage could take place, Havok and Rosemary of Decay hit the ring forcing Purrazzo to retreat. After a staredown with Valkyrie, Decay were interrupted by Knockouts Champion Tasha Steelz & Savannah Evans that led into our next match.
Decay (Havok & Rosemary) defeated Tasha Steelz & Savannah Evans
There was major tension to begin this match between all four women. Havok took the early advantage, but Steelz was seemingly avoiding ring time with Rosemary unless she was in a weakened state. After some back and forth, Havok hit a huge spear on Evans to get the pin.
- It's All About Me time with Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne. After putting down their former association with Kaleb With a K, it's a spotlight moment as Gisele Shaw made her presence known and challenged Dashwood to a match next week.
- Vincent cuts a backstage promo on JONAH featuring PCO with regards to Monster's Ball. Hannifan confirmed the Monster's Ball match as well as Ace Austin defending the X-Division Championship against Rocky Romero of NJPW next week.
- Also confirmed for Under Siege: Violent By Design defending the Tag Team titles against The Briscoes, Taya Valkyrie defending the AAA Reina de Reinas Championship against Deonna Purrazzo, and Bullet Club going to war with Honor No More in a ten-man tag.
Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defeated Moose to retain the title
Moose took the advantage early on and later hit a big buckle bomb. Alexander rallied and hit a massive C4 for the win to retain the title.
Post-match, Tomohiro Ishii arrived to challenge Alexander for the title at Under Siege.