The unique and infamous reverse battle royal is returning for this Sunday's Impact Slammiversary.
First introduced in 2006 as part of the Fight For The Right tournament, the match, which earned Worst Worked Match honors in that year's Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards, featured three parts:
- 18 wrestlers start outside the ring with the goal of getting into the ring.
- After the first seven men get into the ring, everyone else is eliminated and the rules then flip to conventional battle royal rules.
- When the match gets down to two men, it becomes a singles match.
It's unknown if Impact will stick to the same rules this time around. The last such match was held in 2007.
The match will be on the free Slammiversary pre-show along with the officially announced Digital Media title match between champion Rich Swann and Brian Myers.
Here's the current lineup for Sunday's PPV in Nashville, Tennessee:
- Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Eric Young
- Queen of the Mountain match: Knockouts World Champion Tasha Steelz defends against Deonna Purrazzo, Chelsea Green, Mia Yim, and Jordynne Grace
- Ultimate X match: X-Division Champion Ace Austin defends against "Speedball" Mike Bailey, Kenny King, Trey Miguel, Jack Evans, and Alex Zayne
- Impact Tag Team Champions The Briscoes defend against The Good Brothers
- Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions The Influence defend against Taya Valkyrie & Rosemary
- Monster's Ball match: Moose vs. Sami Callihan
- Honor No More (Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Eddie Edwards, PCO & Vincent) vs. Impact Originals (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian & two wrestlers to be announced
- Pre-Show: Impact Digital Media Champion Rich Swann defends against Brian Myers
- Pre-Show: Reverse battle royal