Pro Wrestling Guerrilla is departing its longtime home venue.
The promotion announced the news last night and revealed the dates for the last three shows that will be taking place at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, California: "PWG says goodbye to Reseda. The final three shows at the American Legion Hall will take place on April 20th/21st, and May 25th!"
The move, after Reseda had been PWG's home for the past decade and they've been reluctant to use bigger buildings, is being made due to the Legion Hall being sold.
Because of an issue with PayPal where tickets were oversold, last Friday's "Time is a Flat Circle" was the first PWG show to be held outside of Reseda since the Kurt Russellreunion events in 2010-2012. Time is a Flat Circle took place at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles, and Dave Meltzer reported that the feeling is the venue will become a regular home base for PWG. Meltzer also noted that there may be other buildings that have to be used at times.
The Globe Theatre fit approximately 700 people for the show, which is an increase from the 400 who could attend in Reseda.
PWG's two shows in April will be for this year's All Star Weekend, with Taiji Ishimori (who recently departed Pro Wrestling NOAH), Adam (Hangman) Page, Robbie Eagles, and Tyler Bateman set to debut for the promotion. The Young Bucks will be wrestling at the Legion Hall for the final time as they face Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb and Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz in a Tag Team title match on night one.
Here are the cards for both nights of All Star Weekend 2018:
April 20th --
- PWG Tag Team Champions Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb defending against The Young Bucks and Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz in a three-way match
- PWG World Champion Keith Lee vs. Adam Page in a non-title match
- Taiji Ishimori vs. Bandido
- Brody King & Tyler Bateman vs. Timothy Thatcher & WALTER
- Joey Janela vs. Jonah Rock
- Robbie Eagles vs. Flash Morgan Webster vs. Sammy Guevara
- Trevor Lee vs. Rey Horus
April 21st --
- PWG World Champion Keith Lee defending against WALTER and Jonah Rock in a three-way match
- Matt Riddle vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Sammy Guevara vs. Taiji Ishimori
- Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz vs. Brody King & Tyler Bateman
- Trevor Lee vs. Flash Morgan Webster
- Robbie Eagles vs. Joey Janela
- Bandido vs. Rey Horus