Due to the series of earthquakes in Kumamoto, New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced the cancellation of its 4/29 Wrestling Hinokuni PPV.
The show, scheduled at Grand Messe Kumamoto, was one of the two big shows on the current tour and featured three title matches. Whether this will result in changes to the 5/3 show in Fukuoka to get at least those matches on the card has not yet been released.
The city was hit by a series of earthquakes over the last few days: a 6.2 on Thursday night, a 6.0 earthquake three hours later just after midnight, a 7.0 earthquake on Saturday at 1:25 a.m, and another aftershock last night. The earthquakes have left at least 41 dead and 968 injured, destroyed 90 homes and have led to the evacuation of more than 91,700 people in the city.
However, the other shows that weekend on the island of Kyushu are still on the schedule.
New Japan is expected to run a major show in the city when things have calmed down, and several Japanese promotions are likely to do benefit shows.
The show's original lineup was:
- Jay White vs. David Finlay
- Juice Robinson & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Yoshi-Hashi & Kazushi Sakuraba
- Kushida & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger
- Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma & Yoshitatsu vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Tanga Loa & Tama Tonga
- Rocky Romero & Trent Baretta vs. Matt Sydal & Ricochet for the IWGP jr. tag titles
- Tomohiro Ishii & Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto & Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito & Seiya Sanada & Evil & Bushi
- Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuji Nagata for the Never Open weight title
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale
- Kenny Omega vs. Michael Elgin for the IC title