For the second straight year, Chris Jericho will be wrestling in a no disqualification match at Wrestle Kingdom.
A no DQ stipulation was added to Jericho's IWGP Intercontinental Championship defense against Tetsuya Naito during an angle at NJPW's pre-Wrestle Kingdom 13 Fan Festival. Jericho vs. Kenny Omega at last year's Tokyo Dome show was also a no DQ match.
The stipulation was set up during a contract signing for Jericho vs. Naito. Jericho said he wanted it to be a no DQ match, and Naito accepted by writing "no DQ" on his contract. Jericho then attacked Naito and powerbombed him through a table.
Jericho won the IWGP Intercontinental title from Naito at Dominion 2018. Jericho defended the title once last year, defeating EVIL at Power Struggle.
Wrestle Kingdom 13 will begin at 2 a.m. Eastern time overnight tonight. Here's the full card for the show:
- IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega defending against Hiroshi Tanahashi
- IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho defending against Tetsuya Naito in a no DQ match
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA defending against Taiji Ishimori
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion Cody Rhodes defending against Juice Robinson
- IWGP Tag Team Champions Guerrillas of Destiny defending against EVIL & SANADA and The Young Bucks in a three-way match
- Revolution Pro Wrestling Undisputed British Heavyweight Champion Tomohiro Ishii defending against Zack Sabre Jr.
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru defending against SHO & YOH and Shingo Takagi & BUSHI in a three-way match
- NEVER Openweight Champion Kota Ibushi defending against Will Ospreay
- Pre-show match: Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Jeff Cobb & David Finlay vs. Hirooki Goto, Beretta & Chuckie T vs. Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer vs. Hangman Page, Marty Scurll & Yujiro Takahashi in a gauntlet match to determine the number one contenders for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team titles