Zack Sabre Jr. has signed a new deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Last night on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that Sabre is heading to NJPW full time after recently signing a new contract. He has been with the promotion for the last year, but has gotten a big push in the past few months, defeating Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the New Japan Cup and then challenging Kazuchika Okada at one of New Japan's biggest spring events, Sakura Genesis.
Sabre lost the EVOLVE Championship to Matt Riddle in New Orleans on April 5. In a video posted to the EVOLVE Twitter account, Sabre said he was stepping away from the promotion for now but was sure he’d be back one day. Last night, he lost the RevPro Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship to Tomohiro Ishii. Sabre had held both titles for well over a year before losing them this weekend.
Meltzer said that this doesn’t necessarily mean that Sabre will no longer be doing independent dates going forward, but his focus for now will be New Japan.