A new championship match has been added to the card for MLW's first television tapings of 2022.
It was announced today that Tajiri will defend his MLW Middleweight title in a mystery entrant triple threat match at Blood & Thunder. It will be Tajiri vs. Myron Reed vs. a surprise third wrestler.
Reed has previously held the MLW Middleweight Championship twice. Tajiri defeated him for the title last October in a four-way match that also included Aramis and Arez.
This will be Tajiri's second title defense since becoming champion. In his first defense, Tajiri retained against Atsuki Aoyagi in a match that took place in All Japan Pro Wrestling and aired on MLW Fusion: Alpha.
Tajiri is also scheduled to defend the Middleweight title against Jody Fleisch at a show for World Pro Wrestling in England on Saturday, February 19.
The Blood & Thunder tapings are being held in Dallas on Friday, January 21. Here's the updated lineup:
- Falls count anywhere match: MLW World Heavyweight Champion Alex Hammerstone defends against Pagano
- Texas Tornado match: MLW Tag Team Champions 5150 (Slice Boogie & Danny "Limelight" Rivera) defend against Marshall & Ross Von Erich
- Jacob Fatu vs. Mads Krugger
- Triple threat match: MLW Middleweight Champion Tajiri defends against Myron Reed and a mystery entrant
- MLW National Openweight Champion Alex Kane defends against Calvin Tankman
- Rok-C vs. Miranda Gordy
- Davey Richards vs. ACH
- Trios match: Aramis, El Dragon, and a mystery partner vs. Arez, Gino Medina & Mini Abismo Negro